Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov  (Read 1040 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Yes.....I'd forgotten about all that........Still, I think he'll hate not having the chance to acclimitise to the faster courts! He should be ok anyway!
Caz - just give him another of your little pre-match pep-tallks ... Smile  I think Andy will be experienced enough to adjust to the faster surface fairly quickly. pray
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #31 on: October 12, 2011, 03:27 PM »

Caz - just give him another of your little pre-match pep-tallks ... Smile  I think Andy will be experienced enough to adjust to the faster surface fairly quickly. pray
I don't think he'll need it Aileen! Besides......What I said today was for the whole week! Maybe even forever! Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #32 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32 PM »

I don't think he'll need it Aileen! Besides......What I said today was for the whole week! Maybe even forever! Very Happy
Maybe for this week, but you've got to keep the fluence going!! w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #33 on: October 12, 2011, 03:34 PM »

Oh........We'll all be sending him 'the fluence' in bucket loads! yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #34 on: October 12, 2011, 03:40 PM »

thumb up
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #35 on: October 12, 2011, 07:28 PM »

Didn't Andy have a wrist injury last time he lost to Beefy Boy  confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #36 on: October 12, 2011, 08:47 PM »

Didn't Andy have a wrist injury last time he lost to Beefy Boy  confused
No - the wrist injury was during the 2009 USO.  Last year he had a virus.  Defeated by BB in R3.  Won first set on a TB then lost next three.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 09:03 PM »

Hopefully he gets good practice and a good nights sleep.  I wondered why I didn't see any scores on my phone....

IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14 PM »

Another good win for Andy today. OK Turnusov didn't actually turn up but Andy still played well.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 10:41 PM »

Good.......I've got to take my 'best boy' out for a walk! w00t
I've got a 'best boy' too. My Birman cat Louis. Smile

I haven't seen Tursunov play since 2008 - the guy has fallen off the radar completely.
Today was no different then!
[ Last edit by lashurst October 12, 2011, 11:12 PM ] IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #40 on: October 13, 2011, 12:27 AM »

Andy won this tournament last year by beating Fed this year it will be Nadal.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Shanghai Rolex Masters Murray vs Tursunov « Reply #41 on: October 13, 2011, 04:58 AM »

I found this article and thought I would post it.....  Nadal is also complaining about the balls.

Andy Murray was back on his soapbox yesterday in Shanghai at the Rolex Masters. During a pre-tournament presser, Murray downplayed any talk of a possible strike, adding that the proposed Shanghai player meeting never materialized.

“Me and not any of the players I know want to strike,” Murray said. “But when you’re asked a question, ‘Is there a possibility the players will strike,’ and you say, ‘Yeah, it’s a possibility,’ I don’t expect that to be such a massive — it’s so far away from being at that level. The players haven’t even sat down and spoke. So it’s kind of a bit disappointing from my side.”

Murray’s now also sounds content with prize money he’s making off the tour, unlike Andy Roddick who earlier suggested players should get a bigger cut of the revenues at the Grand Slams.

“I think going into earnings is silly because we make a lot of money and we’re very lucky to be earning the money we do,” Murray said. “I’m hoping most of the players love playing tennis, as well.

“In terms of the earnings, I’m happy with the direction tennis is going. I think every year they’re increasing the prize money. All the tournaments are trying to kind of keep up and compete with each other.”

But Andy’s levied a new gripe: The tournament balls.

“The one comparison I’d like to make, this is on a completely separate note, comparing golf and tennis, is that in tennis the ball situation is that we change balls every single week,” Murray said. “If you asked a golfer to do that and change balls every single week, they’d be hitting balls 20 yards too far, you know, hitting shots all over the place I think. The balls that we played with the last three weeks, every one of them is just completely different. I think that’s something that I would like to see changed, to have more consistency in the balls. It’s like playing a different game almost.”

And there, Murray has a point. The tour should use the same ball for every tournament. Just like they do at the NFL, NBA, MLB and I assume Soccer which probably uses the same ball/ball-maker for every match.

The red-hot Murray had more good news today as he tries for his Asian Hat-trick. His second round opponent Dmitry Tursunov withdrew ahead of their match with right thigh injury. He’ll play Stanislas Wawrinka tomorrow.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »