Andy Murray vs Ivo Karlovic, Monday, Estimated time - 3:15pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai Rolex Masters MURRAY vs WAWRINKA
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Reply

Shanghai Rolex Masters MURRAY vs WAWRINKA

I think this just confirms how jaded many of the top players are by this stage in the season.  Andy is literally the last of the top guys standing - says a lot for his fitness.   
IP Logged
dex

Yes, lots of surprises today! I thought Berdych would have put extra effort in knowing Nadal was out, but also he's nearly quallified for the O2 Year End!! I hope Lopez goes through to the final, Andy has a 6-0 HTH against him.
IP Logged

Never knew that Fish was out, that's nice, as I can't stand the guy. Who battered Fish then? fish
Funny that I cant take to the guy either.. lacks charima.

Fish's chips were certainly down today anyway.w00t
IP Logged

Yes, lots of surprises today! I thought Berdych would have put extra effort in knowing Nadal was out, but also he's nearly quallified for the O2 Year End!! I hope Lopez goes through to the final, Andy has a 6-0 HTH against him.
I think the Duracell Bunny might do well actually.
IP Logged

I think the Duracell Bunny might do well actually.

Mmmm it could well be a Ferrer/Murray final methinks.
IP Logged

And if it is...... trophy
IP Logged

Funny that I cant take to the guy either.. lacks charima.

Fish's chips were certainly down today anyway.w00t
Mardy is actually a really nice guy, I know that as my daughter is friends with him and I met him at Nasdaq master series in Miami.  He has worked really hard to get to where he is today.  I of course do not him to beat Andy, but he is still a nice guy.
IP Logged

Tomic but then he got knocked out today by Doggy.

Thanks Bev!  thumb up
IP Logged

Mardy is actually a really nice guy, I know that as my daughter is friends with him and I met him at Nasdaq master series in Miami.  He has worked really hard to get to where he is today.  I of course do not him to beat Andy, but he is still a nice guy.
I'm certain they are ALL nice guys off the court. But he's not my type, if you know what I mean. I know Fish has changed a lot of things in his career to improve so much this year. Admire him for that since its so late in his career. Well done.

IP Logged
Caz

I don't like any player who practices 'gamesmanship'! I see it as cheating! Nice guys don't cheat!
IP Logged

I don't like any player who practices 'gamesmanship'! I see it as cheating! Nice guys don't cheat!
Sorry....gamesmanship....what does that mean, I haven't heard of that before.
IP Logged

Apollo "gamesmanship" means employing different tactics in order to put your opponent off their game. Not exactly illegal but not "fair play" either.   
IP Logged

Apollo "gamesmanship" means employing different tactics in order to put your opponent off their game. Not exactly illegal but not "fair play" either.   
Thanks, I will pay attention to that the next time I see him play.
IP Logged
Caz

Thanks, I will pay attention to that the next time I see him play.
Oh.....he doesn't always use it Apollo, but he has done in the past!
IP Logged

Gamesmanship was a word invented by Stephen Potter the British Humourist who wrote this book in 1947

There is an extract from the forward the book dealing with its origin here. I have never thought of Mardy Fish as a  follower of the art.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 Reply