Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win the SF?
Andy in 2
Andy in 3
Kei in 2
Kei in 3
Brad Gilbert stops the match because he can't bear to watch his old protege beat his new one

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Reply
Author

Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei

(Read 2427 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #180 on: October 15, 2011, 04:39 PM »

Fedtards are a species apart. Everyone must bow down and worship every aspect of his game and him. It's seriously weird  Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #181 on: October 15, 2011, 04:52 PM »

Oh the email was a rapsody about the beauty of Fed's game and compared it with Rudolf Nuryev's ballet etc. That didn't bother me so much because much as I dislike him I accept his game is beautiful.  But what did annoy me was that she berated the comms for speculating that Andy could overtake him in the rankings tomorrow.  Apparently they're not allowed to say that until after it has happened for fear of hurting the great man.  Yuk sums it up nicely.
How pathetic - and anyway what had that to do with this match?  It seems to me that  Federer just has to steal everyone else's thunder, even vicariously!!

I thought that Ruthie's summary of the email was excellent  and I agree with her opinion.

I do not think however that it was intended to have anything to do with today's match and had obviously been written beforehand. Immediately after it was read out and commented on by sky we were shown a repeat of part of last years final when Murray beat Federer 6-3, 6-2! That was the best response.

My memory of last years final at Shanghai was the interview by the Chinese person. That Federer might possibly lose was not in his script. He spoke to Fed at length and then asked Andy (if I remember rightly) why he didn't smile more.

IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #182 on: October 15, 2011, 04:57 PM »

If any of you want a laugh , just go on to Fed's guestbook , that'll do it !!!

Oh and BTW Andy was FABULOUS today I thought  !!!!!    Looked confident from the get go and played aggressive , dare I hope !!!
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #183 on: October 15, 2011, 05:21 PM »

Oh the email was a rapsody about the beauty of Fed's game and compared it with Rudolf Nuryev's ballet etc. That didn't bother me so much because much as I dislike him I accept his game is beautiful.  But what did annoy me was that she berated the comms for speculating that Andy could overtake him in the rankings tomorrow.  Apparently they're not allowed to say that until after it has happened for fear of hurting the great man.  Yuk sums it up nicely.

The email came from one D. James of Somerset.  This was the second day running that Ms James had emailed Sky.  Yesterday she was representing a group of Federer fans and they were complaining about the excessive number of times Marcus had mentioned Andy taking over the number three ranking.  Marcus remarked to Petch that he wasn't aware that he had!

But why oh why did Sky even bother to give airtime to these sour-grape comments?  Andy is in the best form of his life and has earned every freakin' point the hard way, playing lights-out tennis day in, day out in the Far East while Jolly Roger licks his wounds back home in Europe.  Without Andy and Nadal, the Asian swing would have been a non-starter.  How dare Ms James and her ilk begrudge our Andy his thoroughly well deserved accolades.  It appears to have reached the stage where Sky feel the need to appease Federer's fans at all costs. 

Having said that, I applauded Sky showing Andy's wonderful victory over the Smug One in last year's Shanghai final immediately after today's victory.  I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Ms James complaining that Sky were being insensitive showing Andy beating the Swiss Maestro out of sight.  Andy is the reason I subscribe to Sky and I really appreciate their tennis coverage.  They should not feel the need to apologise for or play-down  Andy's success for fear of upsetting other players and their fans.   
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #184 on: October 15, 2011, 05:39 PM »

I thought that Ruthie's summary of the email was excellent  and I agree with her opinion.

I do not think however that it was intended to have anything to do with today's match and had obviously been written beforehand. Immediately after it was read out and commented on by sky we were shown a repeat of part of last years final when Murray beat Federer 6-3, 6-2! That was the best response.

My memory of last years final at Shanghai was the interview by the Chinese person. That Federer might possibly lose was not in his script. He spoke to Fed at length and then asked Andy (if I remember rightly) why he didn't smile more.

Yes I seem to remember the Chinese big wigs were extremely disrespectful to Andy who had not followed the prescribed script of a fed win. 
Wot no match report?  confused
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #185 on: October 15, 2011, 05:57 PM »

Did anyone hear the e-mail from the Fed worshipper that Sky read out after the match? yuk
No I didn't, but it sounds nauseating.  vomit

How dare they read out such a thing when Mr.Smuggy is not even on the radar sceen at present?
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #186 on: October 15, 2011, 06:05 PM »

Did anyone happen to see at the end of Andys game with Aussie when he signed his name on the screen ,he drew a little heart and today after his win he wrote Something besides his name ,i am going to watch the replay just to see what it might have ben .I think he is misssing his sweetheart.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #187 on: October 15, 2011, 07:08 PM »

Do you think the author of the e-mail "D. James from Somerset" could in fact be an alis - it is maybe Mirka Federer !!!!!!   Why oh why can they not appreciate that times they are a changing our laddie is storming to the place where he belongs we have always known Andy could compete and he has always said that he himself felt his best years of tennis would be 23 onwards.  The tennis he has played in the last few weeks has been jaw droppingly awesome.  He seems to have found the right balance between aggression and control.  You know something he 100% deserves it - the guy works hard all year round he has had some bad luck but can we dare to dream that he had turned the corner and found that final piece in the puzzle to make the complete picture.  Hope he can do to Ferrer what he did to him a week ago i.e. take him apart in less than 60 minutes.  Come on Andy you can practically touch that No. 3 spot - it can be yours and you deserve it.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #188 on: October 15, 2011, 08:39 PM »

Did anyone happen to see at the end of Andys game with Aussie when he signed his name on the screen ,he drew a little heart and today after his win he wrote Something besides his name ,i am going to watch the replay just to see what it might have ben .I think he is misssing his sweetheart.
Yes, I saw that. Its a mirror image so difficult, i dont  have the replay.

I guess he must really be missing Maggie.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #189 on: October 15, 2011, 08:51 PM »

Murray Magic:

"Do you think the author of the e-mail "D. James from Somerset" could in fact be an alis - it is maybe Mirka Federer !!!!!! "

No. But it's an amusing conspiration theory. w00t
[ Last edit by lashurst October 16, 2011, 12:20 AM ] IP Logged
killieboyd
Junior

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #190 on: October 15, 2011, 10:06 PM »

The email came from one D. James of Somerset.  This was the second day running that Ms James had emailed Sky.  Yesterday she was representing a group of Federer fans and they were complaining about the excessive number of times Marcus had mentioned Andy taking over the number three ranking.  Marcus remarked to Petch that he wasn't aware that he had!

But why oh why did Sky even bother to give airtime to these sour-grape comments?  Andy is in the best form of his life and has earned every freakin' point the hard way, playing lights-out tennis day in, day out in the Far East while Jolly Roger licks his wounds back home in Europe.  Without Andy and Nadal, the Asian swing would have been a non-starter.  How dare Ms James and her ilk begrudge our Andy his thoroughly well deserved accolades.  It appears to have reached the stage where Sky feel the need to appease Federer's fans at all costs. 

Having said that, I applauded Sky showing Andy's wonderful victory over the Smug One in last year's Shanghai final immediately after today's victory.  I couldn't help but smile at the thought of Ms James complaining that Sky were being insensitive showing Andy beating the Swiss Maestro out of sight.  Andy is the reason I subscribe to Sky and I really appreciate their tennis coverage.  They should not feel the need to apologise for or play-down  Andy's success for fear of upsetting other players and their fans.   

Hear, Hear!
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #191 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20 PM »

It was the bit about"At the end of the day Roger will still have his 16 grand slams and Murray none". grrrrrr! If she's such a tennis fan why the hell doesn't she support a British tennis player? I think we should all storm the sky sports email team with our indignation and disgust of her stupid comments.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #192 on: October 16, 2011, 12:26 AM »

It was the bit about"At the end of the day Roger will still have his 16 grand slams and Murray none". grrrrrr! If she's such a tennis fan why the hell doesn't she support a British tennis player? I think we should all storm the sky sports email team with our indignation and disgust of her stupid comments.

Ive got this on tape and must run it back and listen. It sounds a bit inappropriate and you have to wonder why they read it out. Andy seems to have played really well and his serve is magnificent at the moment. Here's hoping it keeps going tomorrow. I think the fewer bounces of the ball and brisker play is helping him focus.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #193 on: October 16, 2011, 12:59 AM »

Yes, I saw that. Its a mirror image so difficult, i dont  have the replay.

I guess he must really be missing Maggie.
I think Rusty may have taken over these days.  He said in one of his last tweets that he was missing his "wee dog".  Poor Kim!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Shanghai SFs: Andy vs Kei « Reply #194 on: October 16, 2011, 06:53 AM »

What about about missing Kim confused Or is that something a taciturn Scot would  never admit..Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »