Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012?

(Read 8734 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #195 on: February 01, 2012, 12:44 AM »

GSTQ is not really an anthem you hear in Scotland unless England are visiting.  I'm going to the rugby at the weekend and I'll hear GSTQ but it will be the English singing it as their anthem.  I'll be at Braehead the week after and I'll hear it again as my anthem as a Brit.

I think people are too sensitive. Some Scots regard GSTQ as anti-Scottish. The offending verse is no more but people don't forget the fact that it was once a part of the anthem.  I know people in Wales that don't like the anthem either.

We Scots don't get a chance to see Andy at home too often.  Is it really wrong that we want to make a fuss of him when we do?

"Scotland has been part of the UK for over 300 years now, time to get over this and realise that you Sweaties do very well out of it."

Just the sort of nonsense that starts arguments.  I don't want independence because I feel we're stronger together.  If Cameron et al really felt that they were better off without us don't you think they'd want rid of us. The Scots aren't subsidised by the English.

I don't think blogs like this on the beeb help any (and it is referring to the rugby match you mentioned going to - enjoy!).

Scotland are better than England.........
I know, it's an inflammatory headline. But with the start of the 2012 Six Nations just a few days away, I've been nose-deep in numbers and notions in an attempt to work out which side really does deserve the title of the tournament's most successful side. And - Scotland fans, prepare to celebrate - that banner statement can genuinely be justified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2012/01/why_scotland_are_better_than_e.html
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #196 on: February 01, 2012, 01:30 AM »

I don't think blogs like this on the beeb help any (and it is referring to the rugby match you mentioned going to - enjoy!).

Scotland are better than England.........
I know, it's an inflammatory headline. But with the start of the 2012 Six Nations just a few days away, I've been nose-deep in numbers and notions in an attempt to work out which side really does deserve the title of the tournament's most successful side. And - Scotland fans, prepare to celebrate - that banner statement can genuinely be justified.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/tomfordyce/2012/01/why_scotland_are_better_than_e.html

Many thanks. I'm looking forward to the rugby. My boyfriend is a big rugby fan and he likes to drag me along. I think I may even know the rules now.

I don't understand people getting too caught up in the Scotland v England rivalry. It should remain friendly banter.
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #197 on: February 01, 2012, 09:35 AM »

Personally, i am english....and british.

But i dont really care about it, i dont dislike scotland,wales,ireland or any other country for that matter
(Except France....i really dont like the french)

I live where i live, and that could have been anywhere in the country, it just happens that i was born in england, but so what.

i dont care about national anthems, i dont know any of the words bar the first line and i never sing it and never will, why dont we all just play red hot chilli peppers and stop these petty arguments

Murray is Scottish and British ( i have no doubt he considers himself scottish foremost but that is his right and fair play to him) but i am proud of him anyway, i admire his tennis and couldnt care less if he was German or something, though i must admit cause he is scottish/british it does make me more proud of him

good luck andy, we will all be cheering for you
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #198 on: February 01, 2012, 09:47 AM »

I love the way Andy plays and I'd love him if he were.... um... Swiss  Whistle Couldn't stand Henman et al., never supported them.
As curtis says the fact Andy's Scottish/British is just a wee bonus.  yay
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #199 on: February 01, 2012, 05:18 PM »

Thank you for reacting to the TIC part of my post intended only to poke fun at Littlebuddha's special brew of nationalistic fervour and bigotry! wink
Oh, for goodness sake - get your head out of your own arse! Very Happy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #200 on: February 01, 2012, 06:31 PM »

Oh, for goodness sake - get your head out of your own arse! Very Happy

The stench of angry Scottishness is palpable from even in here - she's ruining my peaceful state of self-importance.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #201 on: February 01, 2012, 06:38 PM »

Kate Bush's "Lionheart" would make a fantastic National Anthem, fat chance however.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07 PM »

The stench of angry Scottishness is palpable from even in here - she's ruining my peaceful state of self-importance.
Thank you for reacting so on cue, and just like the twat you are! Very Happy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Thank you for reacting so on cue, and just like the twat you are! Very Happy

Mods informed.

Time of the month? Or did that go by the wayside years back?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 07:32 PM »

Mods informed.

Time of the month? Or did that go by the wayside years back?
I'm trying hard not to laugh.  Man, you can dish it out, but are not so good at taking it.  You really do show yourself up for what you are.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #205 on: February 01, 2012, 07:36 PM »

All of this Nationalism is getting a bit tiresome, can we leave it please. The girls in the Fed Cup did us proud and beat Portugal 3-0.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 07:39 PM »

I'm trying hard not to laugh.  Man, you can dish it out, but are not so good at taking it.  You really do show yourself up for what you are.

Oh I can take it dear, but if someone replying to a post directed at them means otherwise, then I'll let you believe that. Besides, I only see one of us going for blunt name-calling. I'm not sure who that shows up more. lol

What's rattled your cage anyway? Are you a bigot too?
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #207 on: February 02, 2012, 08:02 AM »

There's some real importance being attached to Davis Cup and the terrible slight Murray is making on Britain in the comments at the bottom of the Telegraph article! lol

Andy really needs to play in this. Bad move from every angle and selfish to his team.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #208 on: February 02, 2012, 08:10 AM »

Andy really needs to play in this. Bad move from every angle and selfish to his team.

Last time Andy was severely pressurised into playing Davis Cup, with an injury, he was out of action for two months. Do you want this to happen again?
No one player should be in the position of "saving" the team. Rather than criticising you should be asking the question why we have no other player in the top 100.
Incidentally I have NEVER forgiven John Lloyd for that and NEVER will.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Should Andy play Davis Cup in 2012? « Reply #209 on: February 02, 2012, 11:57 AM »

He is right to be selfish for once. Why should he play in the DC, he is quite correct to look after his own interests. Be true to yourself Andy and do not give into pressure from the LTA.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »