Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013

(Read 6547 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Andy will next move onto the Masters 1000 event in Miami next week in a desperate bid to find form and reverse his fortunes from Indian Wells this past week. The Scot, who will have a huge chance of clinching the title, will be seeded #2 behind World No.1 Novak Djokovic, with big names such as Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer not hitting the courts this week. Fans of Murray should not fret though as a win here will secure Andy the World No #2 spot in the rankings after the tournament.

[

'Desperate bid'?   That might have been a fair comment the last two years but come on the guy made the  QFs after a period not playing matches.  Of course, he should have done better but no cause for desperation and I'm sure Andy isn't feeling desperate.  

I hope he does well nevertheless not least as I don't think I'll be able to watch until towards the end of the week.  But of course more importantly it would be great, if he could win it and get back that #2 slot.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 04:24 PM »

Lol "desperate bid" just a tad OTT old sport.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 04:28 PM »

'Desperate bid'?   That might have been a fair comment the last two years but come on the guy made the  QFs after a period not playing matches.  Of course, he should have done better but no cause for desperation and I'm sure Andy isn't feeling desperate. 

I hope he does well nevertheless not least as I don't think I'll be able to watch until towards the end of the week.  But of course more importantly it would be great, if he could win it and get back that #2 slot.

He hasn't been in form all Indian Wells.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #18 on: March 17, 2013, 04:35 PM »

doesn't make him desperate.   And nor should we be or hype up the significance of him not playing anything like his best in his first tournament back after a training break and in conditions that no longer seems to suit his gane.  As bbh comments, a tad OTT. 
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 04:41 PM »

doesn't make him desperate.   And nor should we be or hype up the significance of him not playing anything like his best in his first tournament back after a training break and in conditions that no longer seems to suit his gane.  As bbh comments, a tad OTT. 

OTT? I'm not too sure.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #20 on: March 17, 2013, 04:46 PM »

^ "desperate"- extremely anxious or fearful, willing to take risks because of hopelessness and despair, very serious, difficult and almost hopeless etc etc
'nough said.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #21 on: March 17, 2013, 04:47 PM »

^ "desperate"- extremely anxious or fearful, willing to take risks because of hopelessness and despair, very serious, difficult and almost hopeless etc etc
'nough said.

He must be in despair about the loss, he looked it in his press conference.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #22 on: March 17, 2013, 04:53 PM »

The Court conditions in Miami will be much more to Andy's liking (and Djoker's).  The high bounce and slow conditions in IW are a joke - sure DP has played really well but he won't get the same amount of time in Miami just to hit balls back into court all day long waiting for the other guy to miss.

Still, Andy needs to step up - starting with the serve
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #23 on: March 17, 2013, 05:03 PM »

I could understand 'desperate bid' if Andy had been on a bad run. He's lost two matches all year, so 'desperate bid' is more than a bit OTT. It's so OTT it's practically an Oscar acceptance speech.

I think this is on the articles thread, but it's worth repeating what Andy thinks about the loss.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9934879/Andy-Murrays-defeat-to-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-at-BNP-Paribas-Open-may-do-him-a-favour-in-the-long-run.html

I wouldn't suggest he is laid-back about it, but neither is he desperate. He sounds pretty philosophical and positive to me, which is right given that he hadn't played for six weeks, was playing in conditions that don't suit him and hadn't got out of the second round for the two previous years.

Miami suits Andy far more than IW.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #24 on: March 17, 2013, 05:37 PM »

Lol "desperate bid" just a tad OTT old sport.
I second that and a couple of times more, but then this sort of OTT is what you get from a school boy, with a tendency to be either up on a high or down in the dumps. yay nervous Whistle
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #25 on: March 17, 2013, 05:42 PM »

I second that and a couple of times more, but then this sort of OTT is what you get from a school boy, with a tendency to be either up on a high or down in the dumps. yay nervous Whistle

Are you suggesting I posted that out of anger? If so your way out of line.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #26 on: March 17, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Could of been the case but no, Rafa is not playing Miami period
Where did you get this from Gangsta?  Nadal is still on the player list and there's nothing on the website to suggest otherwise.  That could change though after today.

I could understand 'desperate bid' if Andy had been on a bad run. He's lost two matches all year, so 'desperate bid' is more than a bit OTT. It's so OTT it's practically an Oscar acceptance speech.

I think this is on the articles thread, but it's worth repeating what Andy thinks about the loss.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/9934879/Andy-Murrays-defeat-to-Juan-Martin-Del-Potro-at-BNP-Paribas-Open-may-do-him-a-favour-in-the-long-run.html

I wouldn't suggest he is laid-back about it, but neither is he desperate. He sounds pretty philosophical and positive to me, which is right given that he hadn't played for six weeks, was playing in conditions that don't suit him and hadn't got out of the second round for the two previous years.

Miami suits Andy far more than IW.
Andy sounds positive to me, so thanks for posting the article.  Also I'm prepared to believe Delpo's success in IW will have a good motivational effect on Andy.
[ Last edit by Aileen March 17, 2013, 05:59 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #27 on: March 17, 2013, 05:57 PM »

Where did you get this from Gangsta?  Nadal is still on the player list and there's nothing on the website to suggest otherwise.  That could change though after today.

A friend told me. I'm sure also Rafa said earlier this year that he would play one of his choice, but not both.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Are you suggesting I posted that out of anger? If so your way out of line.
No I wasn't, being on a high or in the dumps has nothing to do with anger. Look at who or what comes at the end of statement and you should have seen it was very much tongue in cheek.
However I think you should rephrase what you have written as it is not accurate for the reasons Teejay gave you.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #29 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06 PM »

Well we've all been 16 and experienced teenage highs and lows, so why the sarcasm?

A friend told me. I'm sure also Rafa said earlier this year that he would play one of his choice, but not both.
What Rafa said earlier might not be of any relevance now.  As for your friend - tell him that, according to ATP rules, if Rafa had pulled out of Miami whilst still participating in IW he would have had to forfeit the tournament, unless he came up with an acceptable excuse.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »