Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013

(Read 7041 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #90 on: March 18, 2013, 06:50 PM »

Andy does good against tougher opponents, it's no namers he struggles against. But I know this draw will make you nervous hug

hug You know me well!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #91 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51 PM »

These youngsters a a tad overhyped anyway tbf. But the draw much more difficult than i would have thought! can imagine how up for it that spoilt brat Tomic will be.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #92 on: March 18, 2013, 06:53 PM »

Sigh.  Does Andy ever get a easy draw. ?   Lots of potential upsets in  the earlier rounds   Tomic Dimitrov   Not expecting much from Andy in this.   I think it's a given that Nole will reach the semis.   His draw  is a bit of a cakewalk

Of course Andy gets easy draws... a bit silly for you to imply he never gets easy draws....
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #93 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54 PM »

These youngsters a a tad overhyped anyway tbf. But the draw much more difficult than i would have thought! can imagine how up for it that spoilt brat Tomic will be.

Yeah Tomic and Dimitrov are overhyped but Janowicz is the real deal when he shows up with his head screwed on properly.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #94 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55 PM »

In jest Prodigy
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #95 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55 PM »

**** Janowicz is in his small section.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #96 on: March 18, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Sh*t Janowicz is in his small section.

Janowicz is prone to having a mental lapse, so he might not even make the 4th round, but if he does he could be a threat to Andy.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #97 on: March 18, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Janowicz forgive me, I've only seen him play twice got the impression he's a bit of a serve-bot-----should I be more worried!!??
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #98 on: March 18, 2013, 07:02 PM »

His grunting annoys me but his game is huge.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #99 on: March 18, 2013, 07:03 PM »

Janowicz forgive me, I've only seen him play twice got the impression he's a bit of a serve-bot-----should I be more worried!!??

Trouble with JJ is that he has than just a serve.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #100 on: March 18, 2013, 07:03 PM »

So it's just me who thinks Andy will be all right then? Okay, I can cope with that.

No, seriously, I worry a bit more when Andy's first couple of rounds are considered 'easy'. This way he should get a bit of a test early on before the fun really starts, by which time he will be ready for the challenge.

I'd be very surprised if Tomic causes Andy too much trouble, and I don't think Dimitrov is quite ready to take out a top player yet. He wasn't in Brisbane when Andy beat him. Of course, Tomic could catch Andy a bit cold, but I don't think so. He went well enough in Indian Wells to get some matches in. I'm looking forward to Andy against Dimitrov already.

Andy can put JJ in his place. I'd be chuffed about that. I just don't like JJ. If Tsonga is on form and Andy is below par (it won't happen) he can cause trouble, but seriously, Andy more than has Tsonga's measure. Tsonga is frightened to death of Andy, no doubt about it. Berdych could be fun, I just feel Andy has his measure more and more now. The question, of course, is whether Del Potro can continue in Indian Wells mode. We'll see. I'm thinking Djokovic and Andy for the final though, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

It is a potentially tough draw, but come on, there's no fun in it when it's too easy!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #101 on: March 18, 2013, 07:05 PM »

No, you shouldn't. He's all serve and no action if you ask me. Sure, he beat Andy in Paris, but I don't see it happening again.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #102 on: March 18, 2013, 07:24 PM »

It's not the easiest draw it could be in the early rounds but to me it's the most interesting. I prefer it when Andy faces potentially tricky players in the first few rounds - seems to bring out the best in him, and they're interesting matches to watch. I think he should be ok and come through against Tomic, Dimitrov and Janowicz. Janowicz played great in Paris, but I don't think the outdoor conditions suit his game quite so much.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #103 on: March 18, 2013, 07:32 PM »

It's not the easiest draw it could be in the early rounds but to me it's the most interesting. I prefer it when Andy faces potentially tricky players in the first few rounds - seems to bring out the best in him, and they're interesting matches to watch. I think he should be ok and come through against Tomic, Dimitrov and Janowicz. Janowicz played great in Paris, but I don't think the outdoor conditions suit his game quite so much.

The last time I recall such a tough early draw was in Shanghai last year. Facing Dolgopolov, Rad Step, Federer and Nole, and he nearly won the tournament. Its not all bad.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #104 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33 PM »

The Pole has a nasty drop shot. And his ground shots can be devastating when on!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »