Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013

(Read 6914 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #135 on: March 22, 2013, 12:21 AM »

Surely DelPo will be exhausted from his IW I cant imagine he'll beat Novak should he get there to play him. Even a 4r/qf exit for delpo not unlikely.
IP Logged
silver lining
Futures Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #136 on: March 22, 2013, 02:52 AM »

Skybet odds to win Miami below. Interesting that Andy and Delpo almost the same odds with Joker odds-on favourite. Actually I reckon Andy could be favourite here since Delpo and Joker may knock each 10 bells out of each other in the semis. Has Delpo now won the last 2 matches versus Joker? He won at Wimbledon remember. Its gonna be fascinating watching seeing how Delpo performs here.

Joker 4/5
Andy 3-1
DelPo 9-2
Berdych 12-1

No, he has lost to him at the WTF semis.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #137 on: March 22, 2013, 03:45 AM »

He beat Delpo more recently than that in Dubai
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #138 on: March 22, 2013, 10:36 AM »

Only three matches are being televised today - Delpo/Kamke, Sharapova/Bouchard, and Djokovic/Rosol, all of which look like they'll be really routine matches. It's a shame that IW and Miami don't bother televising the early rounds (though at least IW does show the complete men's R2) - defeats their argument that they should each be viewed as the 'fifth slam' imo. If you're a fan of someone who's not a top player, chances are that they'll have exited the tournament before tv coverage even starts.

I'd have especially liked to have seen Simon/Hewitt today, and Dolgopolov/Davydenko also looks like it could be good.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #139 on: March 22, 2013, 11:02 AM »

Only three matches are being televised today - Delpo/Kamke, Sharapova/Bouchard, and Djokovic/Rosol, all of which look like they'll be really routine matches. It's a shame that IW and Miami don't bother televising the early rounds (though at least IW does show the complete men's R2) - defeats their argument that they should each be viewed as the 'fifth slam' imo. If you're a fan of someone who's not a top player, chances are that they'll have exited the tournament before tv coverage even starts.

I'd have especially liked to have seen Simon/Hewitt today, and Dolgopolov/Davydenko also looks like it could be good.

Is this Sky coverage you are talking about Katie?  I didn't think it started until tomorrow.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #140 on: March 22, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Is this Sky coverage you are talking about Katie?  I didn't think it started until tomorrow.

I don't know about Sky, but those matches are on Tennis Tv, so there will probably be streams as well.

Another match where there should have been TV coverage:

"Benoit Paire and Michael Llodra Prove Why Every Tennis Match Should Be Televised"
http://www.changeovertennis.com/benoit-paire-and-michael-llodra-prove-why-every-tennis-match-should-be-televised/
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #141 on: March 22, 2013, 11:24 AM »

No, it's the TV coverage from the US - you're right about the Sky coverage not starting until tomorrow. I wondered why they weren't starting until Saturday but can see why now - hardly worth it with just 2 men's matches to show! Though I see they're showing highlights from today's play before the live coverage starts tomorrow, so may show Djokovic/Rosol then.

"Benoit Paire and Michael Llodra Prove Why Every Tennis Match Should Be Televised"
http://www.changeovertennis.com/benoit-paire-and-michael-llodra-prove-why-every-tennis-match-should-be-televised/

That match definitely should have been televised! Crazy stuff going on there. I wonder if there was bad feeling between Paire and Llodra before the match started?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #142 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39 AM »

[quote author=Katie link=topic=25280.msg856033#msg856033

That match definitely should have been televised! Crazy stuff going on there. I wonder if there was bad feeling between Paire and Llodra before the match started?
[/quote]

I was happily following a fake commentary from Chris P ‏@scoobschris, with hashtag #cantwatchmakeitup. I didn't realise till afterwards that the real thing was nearly as crazy!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #143 on: March 22, 2013, 02:50 PM »

I don't know about Sky, but those matches are on Tennis Tv, so there will probably be streams as well.

So the umpire actually had to come down and separate them? shocking  I hate seeing bad-tempered matches like that, or displays of bad temper in any sport really.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #144 on: March 22, 2013, 02:52 PM »

Like Lodra's game but he seems a bit of an idiot- a racist one at that too.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #145 on: March 22, 2013, 03:04 PM »

Vika's pulled out of Miami-apparently with the same ankle problem that forced her withdrawal from IW.Poor girl!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #146 on: March 22, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Vika's pulled out of Miami-apparently with the same ankle problem that forced her withdrawal from IW.Poor girl!

Not a huge surprise, but she left it to the last minute it seems - she was due to be playing now. LL Lauren Davis replaces, and is 1-1 v Madison Keys. Winner of that plays winner of Laura v Cornet

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #147 on: March 22, 2013, 04:05 PM »

Benoit, you legend. You give that racist piece of **** what he deserves. I despise Michael.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #148 on: March 22, 2013, 04:20 PM »

Craig Gabriel ‏@crosscourt1 6m
This is ridiculous, now Tursunov has withdrawn and David Ferrer gets a walkover. Azarenka withdrew earlier today from Miami
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Sony Tennis Open: 20th-31st March 2013 « Reply #149 on: March 22, 2013, 04:55 PM »

Craig Gabriel ‏@crosscourt1 6m
This is ridiculous, now Tursunov has withdrawn and David Ferrer gets a walkover. Azarenka withdrew earlier today from Miami

There seems to have been a lot of withdrawals for so early in the tournament - I read that there had been 5 yesterday, so it's up to 7 now. Disappointing for the Stadium ticketholders so far - I see they've moved Blake/Benneteau to that court now ahead of the Delpo match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »