Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Starled by your comments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Starled by your comments

(Read 1941 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:42 AM »

Couldn't agree more Bbh.  As much as I dislike Federer, I really enjoy watching his tennis for the very reasons that you give but cannot understand why he can do no wrong in the eyes of so many.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #31 on: September 22, 2011, 08:06 PM »

Hi it is me again.

I feel this blog does go on a tangent.  We are talking about Andy but it goes off on differnt tangents.

Andy is great player , he will come through to win a Grand Slam but having read all your comments in the last few months , I am amazed.

He is the greatest player that Great Britain has produced, he is fantastic just be grateful we have someone, he is amazing .

He has such  potential just  support him so many of you doubt his ability= it is a shame.

I have been involved in ATP Tournaments it is so hard the travelling from events to events with their coach etc. it is a very hard life. If you do well you will earn the money. Anyway, that is enough of my opinion
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #32 on: September 22, 2011, 09:46 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more jd!
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #33 on: September 22, 2011, 10:39 PM »

well said jd

I support Andy always , but this is a public forum and thats what people do , talk about things , even with differing opinions at times.

I agree hes the best GB has ever produced !!!!  And Id love him to win a slam , but whether he does or he doesnt will not change how I feel about him ....hes a great player faults and all .
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #34 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03 PM »

well said jd

I support Andy always , but this is a public forum and thats what people do , talk about things , even with differing opinions at times.

I agree hes the best GB has ever produced !!!!  And Id love him to win a slam , but whether he does or he doesnt will not change how I feel about him ....hes a great player faults and all .

Andy has many times said that he wants to win a Slam, but if he doesn't it will not change him. He has many friends and many outside interests away from tennis. This is one of the many aspects that makes Andy such a joy to watch.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 12:38 AM »

Hi it is me again.

I feel this blog does go on a tangent.  We are talking about Andy but it goes off on differnt tangents.

Andy is great player , he will come through to win a Grand Slam but having read all your comments in the last few months , I am amazed.

He is the greatest player that Great Britain has produced, he is fantastic just be grateful we have someone, he is amazing .

He has such  potential just  support him so many of you doubt his ability= it is a shame.

I have been involved in ATP Tournaments it is so hard the travelling from events to events with their coach etc. it is a very hard life. If you do well you will earn the money. Anyway, that is enough of my opinion
Nice to have some input from somebody who has first-hand experience of ATP tournaments. Smile  Can I ask, in what capacity - player, coach, organiser ...?

I'm afraid that it's the nature of the beast that all tennis threads on here go off at a tangent simply because, as ljs says, there are so many diverse views being expressed.  If anyone feels unhappy about the way a thread is going, then there's always this emoticon that can be used - backtotopic   Can't guarantee it'll work though!

My sentiments too, although I realise they don't always come across like that. Whistle

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54 AM »

Totally agree with the sentiment that Andy is the best tennis player GB has produced.  The skill the guy has is astounding at times.  When he is on song he is one of the most clever and crafted tennis players to watch.  As much as I cannot stand Mr Smug (Fed) any tennis fan would admire hsi play (in his heyday) some of the power tennis play is breathtaking but I much prefer to watch a player that has guile and can pull off the most unexpected and amazing shots - a.k.a. Mr Murray.  That is why I have supported him since he first broke onto the tour.  He will win a slam he is getting ever closer to it.  Having seen him "live" at the weekend it has made me determined to try and see more live events - even though he was not ht his best (by his own admission) he still put on a show.  I think he is at the heart of it a really decent young bloke who wants the success not for the money or the fame but because he is driven and wants to be the best.  I am 100% scottish but don't want to re-ignite the whole "us and them" debate but I do wonder if the media had been a  little bit nicer to Andy would it have made things easier for him - I am sure that had Andy been English he would have won the Sports Personality of the Year by now!!!!!   Seems such a shame that the British media seem intent on demonsising him and failing to report the good things he does for the sport and to encourage children to take up the sport etc. I for one can't wait for the day that he lifts that slam trophy and we see the media eat their own wrods and the Murray Bashers crawl off into the sunset!!!!  Come on Andy.............
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 09:54 AM »

You can bet your life that even if Andy won all four Majors, there would be those in the media that would find something to say like, 'He only did it because Rafa had one hand tied behind his back, Roger had had a sleepless night and someone had spiked Nole's food with gluten'!  If he wins Wimbledon next year he won't get Sports Personality of the Year because there will be an Olympic gold medallist who will take precedence - Mo Farrar for instance - who was born in Somalia and trains in America.  The good thing is that I don't think Andy would give a toss and neither would I !!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #38 on: September 30, 2011, 01:50 AM »

Totally agree with the sentiment that Andy is the best tennis player GB has produced.  The skill the guy has is astounding at times.  When he is on song he is one of the most clever and crafted tennis players to watch.  As much as I cannot stand Mr Smug (Fed) any tennis fan would admire hsi play (in his heyday) some of the power tennis play is breathtaking but I much prefer to watch a player that has guile and can pull off the most unexpected and amazing shots - a.k.a. Mr Murray.  That is why I have supported him since he first broke onto the tour.  He will win a slam he is getting ever closer to it.  Having seen him "live" at the weekend it has made me determined to try and see more live events - even though he was not ht his best (by his own admission) he still put on a show.  I think he is at the heart of it a really decent young bloke who wants the success not for the money or the fame but because he is driven and wants to be the best.  I am 100% scottish but don't want to re-ignite the whole "us and them" debate but I do wonder if the media had been a  little bit nicer to Andy would it have made things easier for him - I am sure that had Andy been English he would have won the Sports Personality of the Year by now!!!!!   Seems such a shame that the British media seem intent on demonsising him and failing to report the good things he does for the sport and to encourage children to take up the sport etc. I for one can't wait for the day that he lifts that slam trophy and we see the media eat their own wrods and the Murray Bashers crawl off into the sunset!!!!  Come on Andy.............
A bit late catching up with all this as I've been away, but Good posting!

I don't think Andy is interested in fame or fortune - he just wants to be himself and be left in peace to achieve his own goals without the media yammering at him all the time.  Incidentally he said a while ago that, when he retires from competitive tennis, he wants to live in the UK (preferably Scotland) and coach young children as well as keep on raising awareness of the sport at grass-roots level.  He's brilliant with kids so I'm sure he'd be very successful in a coaching role.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Starled by your comments « Reply #39 on: September 30, 2011, 06:56 AM »

To be honest, when he walks on court, I still cannot quite believe we've actually got a British guy who is that good.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »