Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Other Murray forum closes down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

Other Murray forum closes down

(Read 8198 times)
araminta
Futures Level

Other Murray forum closes down « on: August 18, 2011, 01:26 PM »

Has anyone else seen that the OTHER site has closed?

Mod NoticeMoved your post from news article to create this thread.
[ Last edit by Mark August 18, 2011, 01:35 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:31 PM »

Wow, so it has. That's quite sad for the big contributors there and it's always disappointing when a platform for opinion is closed. MW has had a bumpy history with them on occasion but in recent times we've certainly found peace.

So if any members from that forum wish to immigrate here, they are very welcome and I hope everyone here will help them with the transition so they feel at home.

For those that need to change their usernames to reflect their identity from the other forum, click here.
[ Last edit by Mark August 18, 2011, 03:57 PM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:47 PM »

Yes, come on down folks ,the more the merrier. yay
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:59 PM »

Even though I was a member here first before joining murraytennisforums I still use to pop over here now & again especially for MurrayRocks fantastic pics, but I am still finding it very sad that they have closed it down without any warning..........disgusted actually............especially for some of the mods & members who have been there from day one & contributed an awful lot to the forum it is very sad............anyway thanks for listening, errr I mean reading............the main reason we are all here or anywhere is Andy............thanks cmonandy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:05 PM »

hug
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:08 PM »

Cheers Mark!!!! goodjob............BTW you do have better smilies Whistle
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:09 PM »

A bit strange, but I can understand why to an extent this has happened.  When Andy first came on the scene there was no MW or AM.com and all there pretty much was for a while was his player thread at menstennisforums.com and I remember posting there a lot in the early days.  Thereafter I migrated here and AM, although posted very little on the official site.

We are all a community of Andy fans at the end of the day.  But for some of the mods with huge amounts of posts it would be weird to go somewhere else and start again, especially if you have little impact on the running of the site.  Although being an Andy fan has little to do with how much you post online.  Some of the people that probably attend the most matches never come to the sites.

The more to join in the discussion the better.  We all love Andy, we all want him to succeed.  That much we all share, the rest is what we are here to discuss.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 02:11 PM »

Wow! How random!  shocking

Used to go on there as regularly as I came on here but it has been a few months since I've been on there.

Think I was one of the first members to register on there actually. lol
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #8 on: August 18, 2011, 02:15 PM »

Any ideas what led to this?

I remember seeing a conversation on Twitter recently over how something had got out of control there but wasn't sure what it was referring to specifically.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #9 on: August 18, 2011, 02:23 PM »

I've been looking on Twitter about this, it seems the mods have been taken by surprise on this one as well. Everyone clueless on the reason behind this.
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #10 on: August 18, 2011, 02:29 PM »

It was referring to a video clip from 8 out of 10 cats Uncut a few weeks ago that was making fun of Andy, one member posted a link (which I am no going to) & some members took offence that such a clip was posted on Andy's forum & then it went totally out of control & a few members left the forum, which was sad as they did contribute a lot & the mods were blamed for the way it was handled.Personally I did'nt like what was said on the clip, but freedom of speech & all that you can't censure everthing & I just chose to ignore it...............
IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 02:40 PM »

Think it's disgraceful that they've let a few people ruin a good thing for so many people, and frankly it's embarrassing that it's Andy's forum. Have the ones on VB or RF's sites been closed down? There'd be hell on if they went.
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #12 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Hi! Catherine I feel exactly the same.............and BTW I don't post much, Catherine posts a lot lol!
IP Logged
Pammelia

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #13 on: August 18, 2011, 02:42 PM »

Have just come on here after discovering am.com's forum has shut down. I was a member on there almost from the start. I am stunned and shocked this decision has been taken. Maybe I will be able to follow Andy on here. I will have to wait and see if I can find my way around.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #14 on: August 18, 2011, 02:44 PM »

Welcome Pammelia wave

If you or anyone else has problems getting to grips with the new environment, please don't hesitate to post your questions here: http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/feedback/updates-and-faq/
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »