Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Other Murray forum closes down 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Other Murray forum closes down  (Read 7792 times)
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 02:47 PM »

Have just come on here after discovering am.com's forum has shut down. I was a member on there almost from the start. I am stunned and shocked this decision has been taken. Maybe I will be able to follow Andy on here. I will have to wait and see if I can find my way around.

Hi! Pam so, so glad that you are here, Pam & I have had some great conversations well into the night...............WELCOME!!! clap
IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Hi! Catherine I feel exactly the same.............and BTW I don't post much, Catherine posts a lot lol!

Oh crikey, think my antipenultimate post on AM.com had something do to with oiling Andy up!  shocking  Whistle
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 02:50 PM »

Shocked to see that am.com has closed, I was on there this morning to do my ftm and just popped in this now and a black screen showed up to say that the forum is closed! For a second I thought something was wrong with my laptop then thought is this some kind of joke, but obviously it's not. I will miss it big time I have been going on there since 2008.
I am very disappointed and sad and I just really hope it was not through the insensitive person who posted that video clip. So very very sad.
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 02:54 PM »

Don't suppose we will ever know......very sad...........at least some people I know are here & it's all going to be new to us & no doubt the mods & long time members will be of help pray
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 02:56 PM »

Shows like 8 out 10 cats take the piss out of everyone, that is what the art of comedy is all about.  No-one is above the comedian in the food chain, putting everyone else in their place assuages their own massively inflated egos! It is a shame if a row coming from that would cause such an uproar, although I have never seen the clip to be honest.

Anyone have a link out of curiosity?

Anything that would impact on sponsors (or potential sponsors as we know Andy wouldn't mind more!) is not going to last, and if the forum became too negative or a battle-ground, you can understand why it would be pulled.  For his management company Andy's image would come before an internet forum....
[ Last edit by scotsgeek28 August 18, 2011, 03:00 PM ] IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #20 on: August 18, 2011, 02:57 PM »

I would'nt care but I was just coming up to my 7,000th post lol! lmao
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #21 on: August 18, 2011, 02:58 PM »

Agree with scotsgeek28... everyone gets taken the piss out of on those shows regardless of whether they deserve it. I'm sure Andy would have laughed.

Surprised that caused an uproar.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 02:59 PM »

Don't suppose we will ever know......very sad...........at least some people I know are here & it's all going to be new to us & no doubt the mods & long time members will be of help pray

Well the only good thing is that we can now be one big Andy supporters family, and no more "rival" forums competing against each other. 
IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01 PM »

Shows like 8 out 10 cats take the piss out of everyone, that is what the art of comedy is all about.  No-one is above the comedian in the food chain, putting everyone else in their place assuages their own massively inflated egos's! It iss a shame if a row coming from that would cause such an uproar, although I have never seen the clip to be honest.

Anything that would impact on sponsors (or potential sponsors as we know Andy wouldn't mind more!) is not going to last, and if the forum became too negative or a battle-ground, you can understand why it would be pulled.  For his management company Andy's image would come before an internet forum....

But the fact the forum had to be pulled doesn't look good for Andy's image.
IP Logged
lynne

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01 PM »

Shows like 8 out 10 cats take the piss out of everyone, that is what the art of comedy is all about.  No-one is above the comedian in the food chain, putting everyone else in their place assuages their own massively inflated egos's! It iss a shame if a row coming from that would cause such an uproar, although I have never seen the clip to be honest.

Anything that would impact on sponsors (or potential sponsors as we know Andy wouldn't mind more!) is not going to last, and if the forum became too negative or a battle-ground, you can understand why it would be pulled.  For his management company Andy's image would come before an internet forum....

Thanks for that insight, makes things clearer  regarding forum, I am not going to post a link as I think enough damage has been done & we are not really sure that was a cause goodjob
IP Logged
smileyface471686

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 03:09 PM »

Same here, went on AM forum to find out next match etc and found it gone....Have always come on here as well to see like others, the great pics by MurrayRocks, and read match reports etc, so have registered here now yay
IP Logged
Pammelia

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 03:12 PM »

Thanks for the welcome Mark. I think the way it has been handled is very disturbing after all that was the forum attached to Andy's website - not good. I can't imagine who they have been talking advice from. I'm not going to try and find my way around on here today as Andy will be playing soon and I want to concentrate on that.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 03:15 PM »

I assume this has a lot to do with 19 Entertainment with minimal input from Andy.

They probably felt that the amount of fan interaction on Facebook was so much more than the forum, it wasn't worth the hassle.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 03:27 PM »

I would'nt care but I was just coming up to my 7,000th post lol! lmao

I do, I am going to miss it terribly. I just made MurrayMaster!  w00t
[ Last edit by ChrisMac August 18, 2011, 03:32 PM ] IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: Other Murray forum closes down « Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 03:29 PM »

I can't even remember how many posts I had. Frown  Something like 6,500 or thereabouts.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »