Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality award 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality award 2011

(Read 6873 times)
kel3350
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #60 on: December 22, 2011, 07:02 PM »

Emma, you are a very honest fan of Andy and state what you believe and perhaps some might think you are not a true fan (one who goes along with anything their player does or doesn't do)  I am sure that when Sampras was on the tour, you as a fan were also very honest about what you believed about his play.  I believe players need your type of fan!!  And surely OSS meant no harm by their post.
Apollo, what constitutes a 'true' fan? ''One who goes along with everything their player does or doesn't do''?? Wow, and here was I thinking that was a sheep.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #61 on: December 22, 2011, 07:31 PM »

You phone in once the show has started.  I voted for him last time he was nominated.  I seem to remember there is a different number to phone for each of the shortlisted people.
Thanks Ruthie, can always count on you.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #62 on: December 22, 2011, 07:32 PM »

I prefer to call myself a 'supporter' rather than 'fan.'  I will always support Andy, no matter what.... just as I always supported my football team (Aberdeen) at every home game, and 'away' when I could, no matter the score or the weather... always staying to the bitter end.   (And goodness knows, it was often bitter!  But still... when we scored !!! yay)
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #63 on: December 22, 2011, 07:35 PM »

I prefer to call myself a 'supporter' rather than 'fan.'  I will always support Andy, no matter what.... just as I always supported my football team (Aberdeen) at every home game, and 'away' when I could, no matter the score or the weather... always staying to the bitter end.   (And goodness knows, it was often bitter!  But still... when we scored !!! yay)
Yes but every player/team is open to critique, are they not?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #64 on: December 22, 2011, 07:43 PM »

'Critique' orginates from the 17th century French word 'critick' which means "the art of criticsm."
I prefer to support Andy than criticize him.
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #65 on: December 22, 2011, 07:53 PM »

'Critique' orginates from the 17th century French word 'critick' which means "the art of criticsm."

No one is above criticism, particulary those in the public eye.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #66 on: December 22, 2011, 08:07 PM »

09015 22 26 09 is the number for Andy. UK residents only though.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #67 on: December 22, 2011, 08:15 PM »

09015 22 26 09 is the number for Andy. UK residents only though.
Thanks Allan of to vote, go Andy yay
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #68 on: December 22, 2011, 08:15 PM »

oh me too. yay
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #69 on: December 22, 2011, 08:18 PM »

Ugh, 'Andy Murray' is trending on twitter in the UK...
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #70 on: December 22, 2011, 08:39 PM »

Yes all the family have voted for Andy so that is 5 votes. So come on all get off your bums and get dialing.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #71 on: December 22, 2011, 08:39 PM »

I have voted but at 250/1 dont think he will win still would much rather see him win a slam so ha ho, perhaps when he does people will give him some recognition for all the hard work he does.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #72 on: December 22, 2011, 08:41 PM »

No one is above criticism, particulary those in the public eye.
Well Kel.... criticism is most often used to find fault.  If you go looking for faults you will find them, wherever. Does that mean I'm blind?... of course not.  I have a teenage son who bears the brunt of both my support and criticism! Smile I check other forums and, for me, this is the most balanced, informative, fun and intelligent one I've encountered, with an impressive array of demographics in age and countries.
There's nothing wrong with a good healthy and respectful debate. There are other forums out there where people prefer to criticize Andy... and as I said, I prefer to be a 'supporter.' clapping
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #73 on: December 22, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Somebody vote for me please!  cmonandy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #74 on: December 22, 2011, 08:46 PM »

Ok Ill vote for you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »