Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality award 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality award 2011

(Read 6407 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #75 on: December 22, 2011, 08:50 PM »

Ok Ill vote for you.
Thanks Littlebuddha!  hug 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #76 on: December 22, 2011, 08:55 PM »

You are very welcome. yay yay yay
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #77 on: December 22, 2011, 09:18 PM »

Well done to Djoko for winning overseas personality - I hadn't thought about Sebastian Vettel but I think Djoko deserved it more.
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #78 on: December 22, 2011, 10:29 PM »

Well Kel.... criticism is most often used to find fault.  If you go looking for faults you will find them, wherever. Does that mean I'm blind?... of course not.  I have a teenage son who bears the brunt of both my support and criticism! Smile I check other forums and, for me, this is the most balanced, informative, fun and intelligent one I've encountered, with an impressive array of demographics in age and countries.
There's nothing wrong with a good healthy and respectful debate. There are other forums out there where people prefer to criticize Andy... and as I said, I prefer to be a 'supporter.' clapping
Of course, each to their own. It is possible to be his biggest fan and harshest critic all at the same time, though. Just sayin'.
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #79 on: December 22, 2011, 10:33 PM »

Well done to Djoko for winning overseas personality - I hadn't thought about Sebastian Vettel but I think Djoko deserved it more.
I thought Vettel would clinch it. Good one, Nole. As if he cares. LOL.
[ Last edit by kel3350 December 22, 2011, 11:09 PM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #80 on: December 22, 2011, 11:05 PM »

Does anyone know how Andy faired? I'm guessing either 9 or 10.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #81 on: December 22, 2011, 11:06 PM »

Does anyone know how Andy faired? I'm guessing either 9 or 10.

5th  shocking
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #82 on: December 22, 2011, 11:09 PM »

5th  shocking

Thanks, I'm surprised, but satisfied. I note he was a long way after Mark Cavendish, a worthy winner
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #83 on: December 23, 2011, 03:48 AM »

Andy being No.5 isn't that bad.

I thought Cavendish was going to do an Andy at the start of his acceptance speech he was so emotional.

Also very pleased that Djoko got the Overseas Award.  Thoroughly deserved.
IP Logged
justmyopinion

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #84 on: December 23, 2011, 06:25 AM »

Out of interest, where was he anyway?  Did he figure that he had no chance and didn't attend?  Or is there an unscheduled tournament?  There wasn't any explanation that I heard.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #85 on: December 23, 2011, 07:16 AM »

Out of interest, where was he anyway?  Did he figure that he had no chance and didn't attend?  Or is there an unscheduled tournament?  There wasn't any explanation that I heard.

In Miami training for the AO as usual, if he ever has a year that he thinks he can win I presume he'll turn up.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #86 on: December 23, 2011, 08:57 AM »

With Andy coming in 5 ahead of, Strauss, Cook, McIlroy, Greene and Khan proves that among tennis fans with appropriate knowledge of the game, Andy is loved and respected by many more than we realised. Such support obviously transends narrow minded borders, namely the WHOLE of United Kingdom.

Bear in mind also that Andy was the only one of the 10 nominees not to appear in person at the ceremony. Perhaps the once-a-year Wimbledon audience is starting to appreciate our man's skills.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #87 on: December 23, 2011, 09:48 AM »

I was really surprised and pleased to see that Andy came 5th - better than he's done before I think.  I thought the fact he wasn't there would tell against him but I'm glad he didn't fly over especially for it - would really not have been worth it.  What I loved most was the moment when my hero Johnnie Mac said (with that wicked hint of a smile) how Andy reminded him of 'dare I say it - me' and praised him for having great hands.  It's what I've always thought and it's great to hear JM confirm that he sees Andy that way too.
When I was trying to get to sleep later listening to 5Live Andy was the most frequently mentioned person who shouldn't have been on the list so I really didn't expect him to do well.  Apparently he didn't win anything this year!

ps thought Andy came over really well too.  So even though he wasn't there to be interviewed [and I wonder why they couldn't have interviewed him via satellite?] I think it may have made some of those people who says he too dour etc think twice.   
[ Last edit by Ruthie December 23, 2011, 10:32 AM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #88 on: December 23, 2011, 12:03 PM »

I am pleased he came 5th. I did not expect him to get as many votes. So there is hope he may win in the future.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #89 on: December 23, 2011, 12:33 PM »

I am pleased he came 5th. I did not expect him to get as many votes. So there is hope he may win in the future.
I think he'd have to win a GS to win it littlebuddha [although I do seem to recall that Greg R won it simply on the strength of getting to USO final that year].  Must admit I've never watched it in the past but I do now when Andy is nominated.  But like you was very heartened that he did so well especially as the format this year seemed to highlight his absence more than a couple of years ago when he was last nominated.  Perhaps the British public is finally beginning to recognise just what a star he is.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »