Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  BBC Sports Personality award 2011 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Reply
Author

BBC Sports Personality award 2011

(Read 7465 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #135 on: December 31, 2011, 11:18 AM »

Yeah! Nigel  clap
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #136 on: December 31, 2011, 11:41 AM »

You can applaud me all you like - I'm just not sure it's a good thing. If he carries on like this, Murray's in danger of posting incredible career stats that will look embarrassing without any slams to his name.

I think next year will be key. Nadal is injured and out of sorts, Federer is on the decline, no matter what anyone says. Yes, he's capable of big wins and of turning it on, but he's not as consistent, which means he's prone to go out of slams before the semis. The only threat now is the Djoker. Unfortunately, that's a big one, although he surely can't repeat 2011.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #137 on: December 31, 2011, 01:30 PM »

A threat Andy has beaten in straights sets 4 times before and should have taken out in Rome, Murrays weakest surface.
A threat although more senior vis a vis tour appearances and time played professionally is not someone Andy views in reverence but more probably identifies with.
And a threat whose style of play can be attacked with the variety, imagination and rotating pace of Murray that no other top player truly possesses.
Which is more than can be said about Nadal.
No excuses, there were genuine technicalproblems before but have now been largely rectified. Its  time for him to step up to the plate, put on his big boy trousers/shorts & deliver because as we all know
Murrays biggest threat could be yet himself.
Let's see if he's now ready to make that final step.
I'm personally think it might be time.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #138 on: December 31, 2011, 03:34 PM »

A threat Andy has beaten in straights sets 4 times before and should have taken out in Rome, Murrays weakest surface.
A threat although more senior vis a vis tour appearances and time played professionally is not someone Andy views in reverence but more probably identifies with.And a threat whose style of play can be attacked with the variety, imagination and rotating pace of Murray that no other top player truly possesses.
Which is more than can be said about Nadal.
No excuses, there were genuine technicalproblems before but have now been largely rectified. Its  time for him to step up to the plate, put on his big boy trousers/shorts & deliver because as we all know
Murrays biggest threat could be yet himself.
Let's see if he's now ready to make that final step.
I'm personally think it might be time.

Good post theycanbillme.. I agree wholeheartedly, mostly with the part I've highlighted.  I think this might be the key to unlock the door.

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #139 on: December 31, 2011, 07:12 PM »

Good post theycanbillme.. I agree wholeheartedly, mostly with the part I've highlighted.  I think this might be the key to unlock the door.

Good point.  Andy has made clear that what Nole did last year has been an inspiration to him.  But I still don't think we should underestimate Nole, as I know I've done in the past.  I just hope that Lendl can help Andy find the iron self-belief that Nole found end of 2010 through 2011.  After all Nole used to be as bad as if not worse than Andy at giving away his feelings through negative body language etc on court.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #140 on: May 12, 2012, 01:23 PM »

William Hill currently have him as second favourite to win this year.  Not sure what to think about that.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #141 on: May 12, 2012, 01:40 PM »

If he wins the Olympic gold he will have a strong chance but it is still early days yet, a lot of sport between now and November, it could be anybody.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #142 on: May 12, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Even if Andy does win gold, I still don't think he'd get this award.  But if he were to win Wimbledon as well ...  We can dream. Smile
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: BBC Sports Personality award 2011 « Reply #143 on: May 12, 2012, 05:45 PM »

No chance this year it will be an "Olympic " athlete.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »