Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The Murray-O-Meter 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

The Murray-O-Meter

(Read 17720 times)
Banannie
Veteran

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 07:09 AM »

Quote from: "invisibleman18"
I don't think anyone can really say "he will make a final for sure." He might make a final, or he may well not make a final. Tim Henman has never made one despite 4 Wimbledon semi finals, and numourous quater finals and both US Open and French semis, never a final. But Greg Rusedski, nowhere near the player Henman was at his best has made a grand slam final, so you never know.  I personally feel that if Murray has half the career Henman had, then he wouldn't have done too badly, Henman gets a lot of underserved criticism in my opinion.

Definately, Tim Henman has had a fantastic career, and I think he really is treated quite badly by people saying he is rubbish (i quote my brother) But honestly he's done great, got to many slam semis, won many tournaments, and got to 4 inthe world.

Quote from: "invisbleman18"
Is there anyone else coming through at the moment? or is it only likely to be Murray for the next 10 years?

There's Bogdovonic..... ranked about 150 i believe  confused And isn't there a junior Andrew Kennaugh or something, who got to about 50 in the Junior rankings, who might make it up the senior rankings. Then there's Jamie Baker, Colin etc etc who might make it into top 100  dontknow

And when was the last time we had a half decent woman? Sue Barker? I had a look at the British girl in the junior aussie open when I had a look round some of the outside courts last week, she was pretty average and got thrashed something like 6-1 6-0 in the first round.

Not true, she beat her first round apponent something like 6-2 6-3, only to be beaten by the top seed in the second round, this is quite good i believe for her first aussie open, and she is still only 15.

Maybe some of you have also been annoyed like me that Cyprus, population of 800,000 has had a guy in a grand slam final but we don't look like having anyone reach that height any time soon.

But i think this is what's amazing about this guy, he came from pretty much nowhere, his culture aren't really tennis players, and he managed to make it to the final. I also believe he is the first Cypriot to break into the top 1000, this is something truly amazing, and believe the Cypriots were enjoying it  Wink
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 07:15 AM »

And when was the last time we had a half decent woman? Sue Barker? I had a look at the British girl in the junior aussie open when I had a look round some of the outside courts last week, she was pretty average and got thrashed something like 6-1 6-0 in the first round.

Just thought I'd say that Jade Curtis made it to the second round, and she's 15 playing against girls who are 18 so she isn't doing too badly.  lol
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 10:33 AM »

ok my apologies about the british girl, I thought it was the first round  and didn't know about the age difference, no offence to the girl was intended. I also had no idea of the quality of opponent, all I knew was that it was the British girl Curtis, all I meant to say was I saw her get wiped off the court by a vastly superior player. And I didn't remember the actual score, just that it wasn't close.
Very sorry, I take back those comments.

And for sure, I was rooting for Baghdatis all the way and fully appreciate what he has done. I just meant to say how come a country with a population of 800,000 can produce him But we can't seem to produce anyone anywhere near.

Think I went a bit to over board with some comments, sorry.
IP Logged
Amy
Challenger Level

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 09:36 PM »

ok my apologies about the british girl, I thought it was the first round  and didn't know about the age difference, no offence to the girl was intended. I also had no idea of the quality of opponent, all I knew was that it was the British girl Curtis, all I meant to say was I saw her get wiped off the court by a vastly superior player. And I didn't remember the actual score, just that it wasn't close.
Very sorry, I take back those comments.

And for sure, I was rooting for Baghdatis all the way and fully appreciate what he has done. I just meant to say how come a country with a population of 800,000 can produce him But we can't seem to produce anyone anywhere near.

Think I went a bit to over board with some comments, sorry.

i know jade and she is a very good standard player compared to most 15 year olds and so unbelievably dedicated to what she does and still a lovely girl. shell go far regardless of how shes doing at this second in time.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 10:35 PM »

alright, as I said I didn't know anything about her or the difference in age etc only that she lost that day.
wish I never mentioned it tbh.
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #20 on: February 01, 2006, 10:38 PM »

Lol, no 'tis fine easy mistake to make, and sorry if i seemed attacking in my reply, it was early in the morning and i was in a bad mood...... so we're not attacking you in anyway really Very Happy  hug
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 11:11 PM »

1 down, 7 to go!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 11:14 PM »

lol you *******!
IP Logged
arka
Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 11:15 PM »

1 down, 7 to go!

One chance gone, but seven should be enough. Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 11:16 PM »

Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
arka
Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 11:17 PM »

Its not a dream, its a vision!!!
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 11:17 PM »

Seriously Mark, I didn't think this one was going to be that easy!
IP Logged
rafa
Grand Slam Champion

We have unlimited juice?This party is off the hook

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 11:21 PM »

so this is what u were talking about yesterday lol roflmao
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 01:09 AM »

i would like julia's pic to be true... but realistically i would have to say 2008 us open maybe... so far andy has shown us how incredibly he can play and also how miserably he can play. i'm such a pessimist i feel like its all over already, but he's still got a ways to go so allez andy!
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Guys and Gals, I need your assistance « Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 01:36 AM »

i would like julia's pic to be true... but realistically i would have to say 2008 us open maybe... so far andy has shown us how incredibly he can play and also how miserably he can play. i'm such a pessimist i feel like its all over already, but he's still got a ways to go so allez andy!

aahhhh oui! clapping

my pic was less ridiculous than TCKs! confused

it's somewere in the middle i guess.... gotta agree with what you're saying Dave! Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »