Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Reply
Author

The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz.

(Read 5078 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #45 on: February 18, 2010, 10:00 PM »

Where the hell did you get Muster from??!?! shocking

lmao
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #46 on: February 19, 2010, 01:12 AM »

I'll think up some more questions later, currently engrossed in eating peanuts.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #47 on: February 19, 2010, 01:15 AM »

I'll think up some more questions later, currently engrossed in eating peanuts.

Mug excuse.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #48 on: February 19, 2010, 01:15 AM »

1) Andy's first ATP win came in 2005, what was the name and nationality of his opponent?

2) Andy entered the top 10 in April 2007, but it was remembered for the fact he did it without lifting a racquet. Ivo Karlovic defeated which player to make this happen?

3) Andy won a Davis Cup rubber at the age of 17, a rare feat, who did he partner with to win the doubles rubber?

4) Name the first instance where Andy Murray fought back from two sets down to win a match?

5) Andy Murray recorded a 6-0 6-0 win in 2006, who was this against?

6) After that horrific wrist injury in 2007, at which tournament did Andy make his comeback at?

7) Name the first tournament at which Murray played with Brad Gilbert as his coach

Q1 - It was indeed Santiago Ventura, the Spaniard, defeated at Queens.
Q2 - Josephine was on target, it was Tommy Haas, who had an unbelievably good start to 2007, making the SFs at the Australian Open, winning Memphis without dropping serve (!)
Q3 - David Sherwood
Q4 - It was indeed against Andy Ram, at Eastbourne.
Q5 - Robert Kendrick, at Newport.
Q6 - Montreal, first match was against Ginepri before being destroyed by Fabio Fognini.
Q7 - Legg Mason Classic in Washington, got to the final before being defeated by Arnaud Clement in hot humid conditions.
IP Logged
quiz

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #49 on: March 10, 2010, 10:18 PM »

you got anymore?
IP Logged
quiz

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #50 on: March 30, 2010, 11:33 PM »

Been about 2 months now fella, getting tired waiting. Frown
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #51 on: April 01, 2010, 06:26 PM »

Apparently my trivia quiz is the only thing going for this website (lawl) so I thought I'd take some time out from my hectic study schedule to concoct a few more questions.

P.S - As ever, Googling these means you have no soul.

Q1 - Who was the first ever top-10 player to fall victim to Andy Murray - and where did this happen?

Q2 - Andy Murray injured his wrist tendons in 2007, an inury which kept him out for several months. Who was he playing when he sustained this injury?

Q3 - Who was Andy's first ever opponent at Grand Slam level?

Q4 - Andy has won 14 titles on the ATP tour, but how many finals altogether has he reached?

Q5 - And on the subject of finals, he reached a doubles final with his brother - which tournament did this happen at?

Q6 - Name all the instances where Andy has won in 5 sets

Q7 - In 2007, despite a lengthy injury, Murray had the chance to book his passage to Shanghai. It came down to one match - who beat him and booked their own ticket to China?

Q8 - A memorable encounter early in his career transpired, when Murray had to save 5 MPs to win the match - who was he playing and where did it happen?
[ Last edit by Sir Panda April 01, 2010, 07:53 PM ] IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #52 on: April 01, 2010, 07:04 PM »

2. Filippo Volandri
3. George Bastl
7. Richard Gasquet
8. Andrei Pavel, USO 2005?????
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #53 on: April 01, 2010, 07:53 PM »

2, 3, and 7 all correct. clap

8 - nope!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #54 on: April 01, 2010, 07:56 PM »

5. Spoiler:
Bongkok 2006.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #55 on: April 01, 2010, 08:10 PM »

1. Andy Roddick at San Jose?
2. Volandri in Hamburg.
3. George Bastl
4. 20, based on my count.
5. Delray Beach? If not that, Memphis?
6. Pavel (USO 05), Ram (DC), Gonzalez (USO 06), Bjorkman (USO 2007), Cilic (DC), Eyseric (spelling?) (FO 08), Gasquet (Wimb 08), Melzer (USO 08), Wawrinka (Wimb 09). I think that's all of them.
7. Gasquet. And he bagelled him in the second set Rolling Eyes
8. No idea.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #56 on: April 01, 2010, 11:42 PM »

1 - It was A-Rod in San Jose.
2 - Fillippo Volandri
3 - George Bastl
4 - I have 21 finals, James.

His 14 titles plus 7 finals at the USO, AO, Bangkok, Washington, Indian Wells, Metz and Doha.

5 - It was Bangkok, well done Allan.
6 - James got all of the five setters
7 - Gasquet
8 - It was Ricardo Mello, back in 2006 at Newport.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #57 on: April 01, 2010, 11:45 PM »

1 - It was A-Rod in San Jose.
2 - Fillippo Volandri
3 - George Bastl
4 - I have 21 finals, James.

His 14 titles plus 7 finals at the USO, AO, Bangkok, Washington, Indian Wells, Metz and Doha.

5 - It was Bangkok, well done Allan.
6 - James got all of the five setters
7 - Gasquet
8 - It was Ricardo Mello, back in 2006 at Newport.

Damn, I forgot the Clement final. Livid with myself.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #58 on: April 01, 2010, 11:47 PM »

Call yourself a fan?

Come back in the summer when the only tennis tournaments to you that matter, Queens and Wimbly are on.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The MW super-duper Andy Murray quiz. « Reply #59 on: April 01, 2010, 11:50 PM »

Call yourself a fan?

Come back in the summer when the only tennis tournaments to you that matter, Queens and Wimbly are on.

You mean tennis is played on other surfaces besides grass? Is this some sort of late April Fools joke?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »