Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour

(Read 3689 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 03:14 PM »

Gnome & Michelle.. you are confusing me with your changing avatars. Nice one, Michelle . and now I can tell you Gnomie apart from Robbie. lol

I admit I do have a soft spot for Meelosh, and as a Canadian (dual citizenship) I'm super-proud of his accomplishments, as is Canada. We've never had anyone like him, and tennis is not top of the sporting agenda here. If they decide to make ice as a new surface, and they played wearing skates, then tennis would certainly get major attention.

I'm also not a fan of serve-bot tennis, but to give credit to Milos he knows his movement is his weakness and he's working hard on it.
His brazen/brashness is more a mindset he puts himself in. He's actually a fiery player who has listened to his coach to think of himself analytically :
“Before, when he practised with Tommy Robredo or Nico Almagro and they were top-10 or top-20, I wanted to show him that he wasn’t far away from them,” said Blanco, 36, who worked Raonic on both clay and hard-courts in the off-season. “But he’s more focused on himself now. I think this is good. He used to compare himself to the others. But now he knows his level is high, and he’s competing against himself.”

I never, ever want him to win against Andy.. but I think he's a very intelligent player who is going about his business, and I hope he reaches his goals to improve his movement. If he can achieve that he could be a great player.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 03:20 PM »

Dimitrov would be my favourite young player. I still have hopes for Tomic, but he needs to work more on what's in his head.

There's also 19yr old Canadian Filip Peliwo I'm keeping my eye on. He's the current Junior USO and Wimbledon Slams Champ. He also reached the finals of the FO and AO last year.
Not having a great season so far this year.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Dimitrov would be my favourite young player. I still have hopes for Tomic, but he needs to work more on what's in his head.

There's also 19yr old Canadian Filip Peliwo I'm keeping my eye on. He's the current Junior USO and Wimbledon Slams Champ. He also reached the finals of the FO and AO last year.
Not having a great season so far this year.
Comprehensively beaten by Jamie Baker not too long ago. I fear he may be another Donald Young - dominant at Junior level but unable to bring that level to the professional level. Way too early to be making such assumptions to be fair, but he's ranked even below Edmund and Quinzi now, who are both 1-2 years younger than him. Although he did have a good run on his Challenger debut last year. I fear he and Broady may both go the same way. Broady was far and away the highest ranked junior (on the pro tour) until 2012, where he went completely backwards.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 04:02 PM »

Agreed! Shouldn't this thread be moved to tennis talk?

I made a thread about 2 months ago about Up and Comers. It was duly ignored. I agree too!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 04:54 PM »

Caz and Angie.. I agree, this thread should be in tennis talk. yes

Me too woof woof   clap
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 05:22 PM »

Comprehensively beaten by Jamie Baker not too long ago. I fear he may be another Donald Young - dominant at Junior level but unable to bring that level to the professional level. Way too early to be making such assumptions to be fair, but he's ranked even below Edmund and Quinzi now, who are both 1-2 years younger than him. Although he did have a good run on his Challenger debut last year. I fear he and Broady may both go the same way. Broady was far and away the highest ranked junior (on the pro tour) until 2012, where he went completely backwards.

Donald Young will rise.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 05:29 PM »

Donald Young will rise.

Haha.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 05:30 PM »

Haha.

Leon challenger trophy is his.

This is not a laughing matter.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 05:31 PM »

Leon challenger trophy is his.

This is not a laughing matter.

It is when you claim a doss such as Young will rise. The guy can barely hit a shot in.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #39 on: April 07, 2013, 05:32 PM »

It is when you claim a doss such as Young will rise. The guy can barely hit a shot in.
He is not a doss, he's a mental midget. Once he overcomes that, he will save American Tennis.

Tell me, who else of the American Tennis players actually has a varied game?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #40 on: April 07, 2013, 05:35 PM »

He is not a doss, he's a mental midget. Once he overcomes that, he will save American Tennis.

Tell me, who else of the American Tennis players actually has a varied game?

Variety is not an option for Americans, they need to be brutes. They are one of the three 'superpowers' Russia, USA and GBR.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #41 on: April 07, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Variety is not an option for Americans, they need to be brutes. They are one of the three 'superpowers' Russia, USA and GBR.
  Hey, what about the subtle superpower, China?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #42 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Donald Young will rise.
And then fall.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #43 on: April 07, 2013, 06:27 PM »

And then fall.

Not a chance.

Young is the only hope for American Tennis.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #44 on: April 07, 2013, 06:28 PM »

Not a chance.

Young is the only hope for American Tennis.

No way.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »