Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour

(Read 4162 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #45 on: April 07, 2013, 06:52 PM »

Not a chance.

Young is the only hope for American Tennis.
Without a doubt. And with the future of American tennis resting on his shoulders, I'm confident he'll deliver. Never been one to shy away from the pressure has young Donald.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #46 on: April 07, 2013, 07:16 PM »

No way.
Who else is gonna save it? John Servner or Sam Serverrey?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #47 on: April 07, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Without a doubt. And with the future of American tennis resting on his shoulders, I'm confident he'll deliver. Never been one to shy away from the pressure has young Donald.

Indeed. He's going to peak late, but I have total confidence in him turning his poor start to his pro career around.

Future CYGS winner for sure.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 11:05 PM »

Gulbis is definitely looking more promising this year but how long will that last who knows. Raonic is the most consistent player out there without a doubt. The Comms seem to think Dimitrov has it all but I guess we'll find that out in time. I don't have any favourite...just like watching these players against other players.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #49 on: April 08, 2013, 12:56 PM »

I like Gulbis a lot too.

Definitely time for him to step up to the plate. He will be 25 this year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #50 on: April 08, 2013, 10:17 PM »

I'll be watching to see what happens with 21 yr old Spaniard Pablo Carrena -Busta who this year has won 7 Futures titles and has a 39 - 1 w/l ratio (make that 42-1 with three rounds of qualifying this week). Hasn't lost a match since January. Ranked 293.

No particularly big scalps as far as I can see but impressive consistency. Now into main draw in Casablanca and plays Andujar tomorrow.

Think the other Futures players will be pleased he's moved on!
IP Logged
mina

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #51 on: April 08, 2013, 10:28 PM »

he should called the king of futures , like gulbis the king of qualifications , he wins alot of qualify matches haha
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #52 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44 PM »

I'll be watching to see what happens with 21 yr old Spaniard Pablo Carrena -Busta who this year has won 7 Futures titles and has a 39 - 1 w/l ratio (make that 42-1 with three rounds of qualifying this week). Hasn't lost a match since January. Ranked 293.

No particularly big scalps as far as I can see but impressive consistency. Now into main draw in Casablanca and plays Andujar tomorrow.

Think the other Futures players will be pleased he's moved on!
Would probably be top 50 right now if he hadn't missed most of 2012. Was #133 shortly after turning 20 and probably most talented of his generation. Don't be fooled by his ranking.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #53 on: April 08, 2013, 10:52 PM »

Would probably be top 50 right now if he hadn't missed most of 2012. Was #133 shortly after turning 20 and probably most talented of his generation. Don't be fooled by his ranking.

See what you mean about 2012 - injury presumably? I was surprised by his ranking, thought he'd be higher after what I'd read these last three months, but obviously gaining points is hard work at that level.

Wonder if he'll drop one of his names!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04 AM »

See what you mean about 2012 - injury presumably? I was surprised by his ranking, thought he'd be higher after what I'd read these last three months, but obviously gaining points is hard work at that level.

Wonder if he'll drop one of his names!
Aye I think so. I guess 18 points doesn't mean much when you hit the top 300. If you check his ranking history he started the year 700 odd, rose quickly with each tournament win then slowed down as he got into the 300s. Will need to step up back to Challenger level now to really sustain his progress back to the top 150, but qualifying for ATP events won't harm! Good win against Serra in FQR.

The confidence and winning feeling from all those Futures will hopefully leave him in good stead. I hope to see him break the top 100 this year.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 08:11 AM »

The French system seems best, nurturing such a range of players with skill and variety.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #56 on: April 09, 2013, 07:22 PM »

Busta is up a set 6-4 to Pablo but is down 2-1 in the 2nd.
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #57 on: April 09, 2013, 08:40 PM »

and won in 3 6-4 2-6 6-3
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #58 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23 PM »

OK, that's the defending champion dealt with. Next - 2nd seed Kevin Anderson.

Not sure how to make this relevant to "Andy talk". Sorry
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #59 on: April 09, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Big drop in store for Andujar and Ramos - last year's finalists both out before R2 (Ramos withdrew before tournament started).

Fantastic result for Carreno. That win alone is worth more than winning a Futures event.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »