Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour

(Read 3206 times)
mina

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #60 on: April 09, 2013, 11:06 PM »

great win for carreno , hope he continues
IP Logged
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #61 on: April 10, 2013, 03:18 PM »

OK, that's the defending champion dealt with. Next - 2nd seed Kevin Anderson.

Not sure how to make this relevant to "Andy talk". Sorry
neither am i, i just go with the flow
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 09:07 PM »

Big drop in store for Andujar and Ramos - last year's finalists both out before R2 (Ramos withdrew before tournament started).

Fantastic result for Carreno. That win alone is worth more than winning a Futures event.

Busta's run came to an end today.

Kevin Anderson (WR29) beat Pablo Carrena-Busta (WR 293), 6-3 6-3.

Goes up about 40 places in rankings though,  to about 250 next week.

IP Logged
mina

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 09:45 PM »

hard luck carreno  , great player to watch
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #64 on: April 12, 2013, 10:40 AM »

I think Nishikori is the only one of these guys that will be able to reach a top level at some point (by top level I mean the likes of being in the top 4 for a while), and that will rely largely on him improving his fitness drastically.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #65 on: April 12, 2013, 10:58 AM »

I think Nishikori is the only one of these guys that will be able to reach a top level at some point (by top level I mean the likes of being in the top 4 for a while), and that will rely largely on him improving his fitness drastically.

I think he'll also have to improve his serve - at the moment it's very breakable.

I see Dimitrov and Tomic as both getting to the top 10 at some point. Dimitrov's shown great improvement over the last 12 months, but his recent matches against Novak and Andy show he has nerves facing the top players. Tomic too has shown before that he has talent, but needs to improve his effort levels. Raonic could get to the top 10 soon - he's up to 15 in the world now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #66 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Nishikori is very injury prone despite being consistent.

I agree with Katie - I believe both Dimitrov and Tomic are the future top tenners. In fact, I believe they'll be both at the top of the ranking in the coming future - let's say, after Andy and Nole.

I see Uncle Toni has tipped Janowicz as the future No. 1. I take it JJ has yet to bad mouth Nadal or at least has yet to refer Nadal as “some Nadal”
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #67 on: April 12, 2013, 05:05 PM »

Janowicz future #1.

Lol.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #68 on: April 12, 2013, 05:06 PM »

Not been referred to yet, I see Kevin Anderson as a future top 10 player. He's been pretty solid this year.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #69 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09 PM »

He's also 24. Winning his 1st Slam is probably more within reach. This is no WTA after all.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #70 on: April 12, 2013, 07:01 PM »

Nishikori is very injury prone despite being consistent.

I agree with Katie - I believe both Dimitrov and Tomic are the future top tenners. In fact, I believe they'll be both at the top of the ranking in the coming future - let's say, after Andy and Nole.

I see Uncle Toni has tipped Janowicz as the future No. 1. I take it JJ has yet to bad mouth Nadal or at least has yet to refer Nadal as “some Nadal”

Lol, good old Uncle Toni - always willing to offer gems like this to the press! No doubt JJ will soon have something to say about Nadal too to complete the set!

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #71 on: April 12, 2013, 08:11 PM »

He's also 24. Winning his 1st Slam is probably more within reach. This is no WTA after all.
Anderson is 26. 27 next week.

Top 20 is probably his ceiling.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #72 on: April 12, 2013, 08:32 PM »

Anderson is 26. 27 next week.

Top 20 is probably his ceiling.

When Gaudio won his first and only RG in 2004, I don't think he was ranked within top 20. What about Ivanisevic? I don't think he was ranked anywhere near top 20 when he won his first and only Wimbledon. So I think winning a Slam is more doable than becoming No. 1. I have no idea what Uncle Toni is smoking these days. Not that he had ever smoked anything legal to begin with.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #73 on: April 12, 2013, 09:15 PM »

When Gaudio won his first and only RG in 2004, I don't think he was ranked within top 20. What about Ivanisevic? I don't think he was ranked anywhere near top 20 when he won his first and only Wimbledon. So I think winning a Slam is more doable than becoming No. 1. I have no idea what Uncle Toni is smoking these days. Not that he had ever smoked anything legal to begin with.
Wha.. what? Where has this come from? Anderson isn't going to do either. I.. what?

Oh, you're talking about Janowicz. Not sure why you quoted my post about Anderson. Also, Janowicz is 22. He's not going to win a Slam either.

But on that subject.. yes of course winning a Slam is more doable than being #1. Because you need to win a Slam to GET TO #1. Unless it's the WTA of course.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #74 on: April 12, 2013, 09:20 PM »

Wha.. what? Where has this come from? Anderson isn't going to do either. I.. what?

Oh, you're talking about Janowicz. Not sure why you quoted my post about Anderson. Also, Janowicz is 22. He's not going to win a Slam either.

But on that subject.. yes of course winning a Slam is more doable than being #1. Because you need to win a Slam to GET TO #1. Unless it's the WTA of course.

Actually on ATP you can get to No 1 without a Slam. A prime example of this is Marcelo Rios in 1998.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »