Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour

(Read 4190 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #75 on: April 12, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Actually on ATP you can get to No 1 without a Slam. A prime example of this is Marcelo Rios in 1998.
Well done, you found one example from 15 years ago.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #76 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Well done, you found one example from 15 years ago.
Yeah I am aware its old, but its still relevant.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #77 on: April 12, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Who wants to just look for a top 10 player? I'm looking for a possible potential GS winner out of the bunch and to me Nishikori is the only one I realistically see doing that, not that I'm saying he actually will but I just don't see any of the others doing so.
[ Last edit by laundry April 12, 2013, 09:39 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #78 on: April 12, 2013, 09:43 PM »

Wha.. what? Where has this come from? Anderson isn't going to do either. I.. what?

Oh, you're talking about Janowicz. Not sure why you quoted my post about Anderson. Also, Janowicz is 22. He's not going to win a Slam either.

But on that subject.. yes of course winning a Slam is more doable than being #1. Because you need to win a Slam to GET TO #1. Unless it's the WTA of course.

But you are the one who mentioned Anderson to me first when I was talking about Janowicz. Eh? Granted, he's 22 but he looks 24, no?

But it's Friday. What else do you expect from me? Wait until I get drunk tonight.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #79 on: April 12, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Actually on ATP you can get to No 1 without a Slam. A prime example of this is Marcelo Rios in 1998.

Yea, but he didn't end the year as No. 1, mind you. In between stuff shouldn't be taken seriously.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #80 on: April 12, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Yea, but he didn't end the year as No. 1, mind you. In between stuff shouldn't be taken seriously.
Sure it should, it's still based on a years play. A year end ranking is as arbitrary as counting it at any other time.
[ Last edit by laundry April 12, 2013, 09:55 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #81 on: April 12, 2013, 09:53 PM »

But you are the one who mentioned Anderson to me first when I was talking about Janowicz. Eh? Granted, he's 22 but he looks 24, no?

But it's Friday. What else do you expect from me? Wait until I get drunk tonight.

You might want to stock up, Emma. Chance of an LCBO strike imminent.
You know what happened last time you weren't on the pulse of newsworthy Canadian news.  2 man down retard Very Happy
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #82 on: April 12, 2013, 11:40 PM »

Yeah I am aware its old, but its still relevant.
As relevant as the WTA.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #83 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41 PM »

The post above yours was about Anderson. Naturally, I assumed you were referring to him.
IP Logged
mina

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #84 on: April 13, 2013, 09:04 PM »

nice to see anderson go to the final , good luck 2omorrow
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #85 on: April 14, 2013, 06:40 PM »

Often referred to as the best up and coming players on the ATP Tour since the arrival of Murray/Djokovic. Milos Raonic and his contemporary Bernard Tomic have yet to prove they are in the same class as the above.

Tomic & Raonic playing doubles together in MC this week. Would like to be able to see this!

They play Cilic & Melo in 1st round
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #86 on: April 14, 2013, 08:57 PM »

Tomic follows up his dismal 3&1 defeat to Murray with a dismal 2&4 defeat to Dolgopolov, who was serving at 32%.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #87 on: April 14, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Tomic follows up his dismal 3&1 defeat to Murray with a dismal 2&4 defeat to Dolgopolov, who was serving at 32%.

Jiri Vesely won his first CH title destroying Simon Greul 1&1. Good win for the youngster.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #88 on: April 15, 2013, 08:06 AM »

Janowicz will win a slam.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: The next 'Up and Coming Players' on the ATP Tour « Reply #89 on: April 15, 2013, 08:09 AM »

Nishikori is very injury prone despite being consistent.

I agree with Katie - I believe both Dimitrov and Tomic are the future top tenners. In fact, I believe they'll be both at the top of the ranking in the coming future - let's say, after Andy and Nole.

I see Uncle Toni has tipped Janowicz as the future No. 1. I take it JJ has yet to bad mouth Nadal or at least has yet to refer Nadal as “some Nadal”

Nishikori is very injury prone despite being consistent.

I agree with Katie - I believe both Dimitrov and Tomic are the future top tenners. In fact, I believe they'll be both at the top of the ranking in the coming future - let's say, after Andy and Nole.

I see Uncle Toni has tipped Janowicz as the future No. 1. I take it JJ has yet to bad mouth Nadal or at least has yet to refer Nadal as “some Nadal”

oh please that comment was mis interpreted he didnt intend to offend murray at all
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »