Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Time Violation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Time Violation

(Read 2303 times)
2xtreme
Junior

Time Violation « on: April 17, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Another issue of time violation in Murray's match today. Personally i think it needs to be looked at and especially Murray's second warning was pathetic considering he was waiting on an opponent. What are your views?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Time Violation « Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 06:15 PM »

I agree with Andy. If it is to be enforced and I think it should it needs to apply to the receiver as well as the server. 
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Time Violation « Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 06:17 PM »

What actually happened today?
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Time Violation « Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20 PM »

I think some of the umpires are being over zealous and some are not doing anything e.g. IW with Nadal and his 40 seconds.  Andy is definitely not a time waster and if the receiver is holding up the server he should have the warning.  Just out of interest what nationality was the umpire today?
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Time Violation « Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:22 PM »

Im not sure
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Time Violation « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:23 PM »

Common Sense should prevail
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Time Violation « Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:28 PM »

I think some of the umpires are being over zealous and some are not doing anything e.g. IW with Nadal and his 40 seconds.  Andy is definitely not a time waster and if the receiver is holding up the server he should have the warning.  Just out of interest what nationality was the umpire today?
Irish.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Time Violation « Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:49 PM »

It seems things are always going to the extreme. All this time we’ve seen Nadal and Nole exploiting the rules and now that the authority has taken over things a bit more seriously, it’s now going to the opposite direction.  The umpires need to use certain discretion and be more observant before they give out warnings. It’s no rocket science as I see it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Time Violation « Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 06:57 PM »

What actually happened today?
RV was doing something to his strings and Andy said the rule is that you have to wait until your opponent is ready otherwise you could just serve an ace because they're not.  He said to Sky afterwards that the time violation should apply to receivers as well as servers and that umpire should watch both.  I absolutely agree with him.  It was a real injustice.  Fortunately it didn't really affect things though Andy did seem to lose his rhythm a bit in the next game.
IP Logged
2xtreme
Junior

Re: Time Violation « Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 06:59 PM »

There will come a time where time violation may affect a big match in a grand slam so it needs to be sorted
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Time Violation « Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 07:12 PM »

RV was doing something to his strings and Andy said the rule is that you have to wait until your opponent is ready otherwise you could just serve an ace because they're not.  He said to Sky afterwards that the time violation should apply to receivers as well as servers and that umpire should watch both.  I absolutely agree with him.  It was a real injustice.  Fortunately it didn't really affect things though Andy did seem to lose his rhythm a bit in the next game.

Thanks for that, Ruthie. Smile
I'm agree it is injustice.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Time Violation « Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 07:12 PM »

Djokovic also got one because the crowd were still making noises as he was about to serve, whereby he stopped and started bouncing again. Absurd.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Time Violation « Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 07:31 PM »

I don't think there should be a set time violation rule. I think they should instead have a system like they do in a lot of live poker tournaments where a player can 'call the clock' on an opponent if they feel they are taking too long. Then if the ref agrees with the player that the opponent has been taking too long he starts a 12 second clock on them.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Time Violation « Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 08:10 PM »

When Andy got told off the second time, which was not his fault, I had to laugh when Andy said "f**k me". Don't you just love Andy, what a boy!  lmao
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Time Violation « Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:14 PM »

When Andy got told off the second time, which was not his fault, I had to laugh when Andy said "f**k me". Don't you just love Andy, what a boy!  lmao

Anytime Andy  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »