Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tournaments 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Tournaments 2013

(Read 1371 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Tournaments 2013 « on: November 30, 2012, 07:15 PM »

Website is updated with the first 6  
tournaments

http://www.andymurray.com/tournaments/
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 04:23 AM »

No Rotterdam or Dubai thats surprising!!!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 08:35 AM »

Andy won't play Rotterdam or Dubai. He did hint at playing Delray Beach before IW and Miami though.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 10:58 AM »

I thought Andy had said a while ago that he wouldn't be playing Dubai?I could well be wrong though.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:12 AM »

I thought Andy had said a while ago that he wouldn't be playing Dubai?I could well be wrong though.
No you are right, he wants to concentrate on the American tournaments and spend time training with Lendl rather than travelling to Dubai. Which makes a lot of sense to me.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:48 AM »

No you are right, he wants to concentrate on the American tournaments and spend time training with Lendl rather than travelling to Dubai. Which makes a lot of sense to me.

Ah,thanks Michelle!I was wondering,because I was sure I had heard something about it a while back.Yeah,it seems sensible to me too.Oh,I'm so excited for next year!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 01:05 PM »

No Wimbledon or French Open? WHAT.... lol jk, I guess he doesn't need to announce those yet as it's expected he will play in them. Nice schedule so far imo.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 03:46 PM »

Hi All,

It seems like a sensible schedule so far, a bit less travelling back and forth across the world. It makes sense to me. Seeing the first part of the schedule makes me feel a bit less tennis deprived lol.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #8 on: December 01, 2012, 04:06 PM »

I would have liked him to play in Dubai...maybe would have got a chance to see him then.
IP Logged
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Let your racket do the talking

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Right; he's in Miami again:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-urges-bbc-not-to-award-sports-personality-this-year-8200167.html

Murray also revealed that he does not expect to play next year in Dubai or Rotterdam following the Australian Open. He usually plays in one of the tournaments before the Indian Wells Masters in March, but next year he plans to spend that period training again in Miami, although he might enter the nearby Delray Beach event at the end of February.

:(No R'dam...

[ Last edit by flowerpower December 02, 2012, 08:20 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 02:01 PM »

Right; he's in Miami again:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-urges-bbc-not-to-award-sports-personality-this-year-8200167.html

Murray also revealed that he does not expect to play next year in Dubai or Rotterdam following the Australian Open. He usually plays in one of the tournaments before the Indian Wells Masters in March, but next year he plans to spend that period training again in Miami, although he might enter the nearby Delray Beach event at the end of February.

:(No R'dam...

I thought Andy had said he is playing Delray Beach next year. I remember wondering if it might be televised, because Sky tends to show Dubai.
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 02:38 PM »

I would have liked him to play in Dubai...maybe would have got a chance to see him then.

Zarfeen, if you don't mind me asking...but do you reside in UAE? I'm asking because I was looking forward to watching him in Dubai again (saw 2 of his matches in 2010). His reasons for not coming in 2013 makes sense though...focus on the bigger tournaments.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 02:41 PM »

u2jcc... welcome
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Zarfeen, if you don't mind me asking...but do you reside in UAE? I'm asking because I was looking forward to watching him in Dubai again (saw 2 of his matches in 2010). His reasons for not coming in 2013 makes sense though...focus on the bigger tournaments.

I used to live in UAE (Dubai) for 10 years and recently shifted to India. I keep visiting Dubai and the Middle East countries very often during my holidays so I mostly would get a chance to see him if he played..
IP Logged
u2jcc
Junior

Re: Tournaments 2013 « Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 09:44 PM »

Thank you for the warm welcome, scotnadian!
Zarfeen, oh ok... thought you are based in Dubai because I was going to ask if you would like to join a couple of friends and I who are going to Abu Dhabi to watch Andy at the Mubadala exhibition. :-) I figured the more people rooting for Andy there, the better! Like you, I'm a bit disappointed Andy is not coming to Dubai next year.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »