Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Wawrinka: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 26 (74.3%)
Murray in 3 - 9 (25.7%)
Wawrinka in 2 - 0 (0%)
Wawrinka in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October

(Read 8162 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « on: October 03, 2012, 02:13 PM »

Thread.

* H2H - Murray vs Wawrinka.png (152.11 KB, 589x876 - viewed 108 times.)
[ Last edit by laundry October 03, 2012, 02:26 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28 PM »

well that's a short and sweet introduction to the thread laundry!   [Ah the h2h has now appeared] Sounds like Stan struggled against Chardy despite serving many aces.   Andy's matches against Stan are often long ones but provided he's on form Andy should win ok.  But now we have to wait till Friday - though good for Andy as means he can focus on dubs tomorrow and use them as practice session.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Sky are screening the tourney from 3 a.m. Thursday so Andy's match with Stan will be televised hopefully at a reasnable hour.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 04:24 PM »

Looks like it will be a good match. Hope Wawrinka in ailing from his Chardy match because I would want Andy to progress comprehensively through to the semis. To be honest Andy has been let off at this tournament in my opinion because so far he hasn't faced a single difficult player and looking ahead to the SF/F he doesn't seem to be competing against anyone he can't beat. As well as that this tournament will be good practice for Shanghai.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 05:37 PM »

He should beat Wawrinka in the same fashion as today and send Federer a strong message through Stan. I assume they'll meet at Shanghai. Federer should be prepared for the upcoming beating.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 06:05 PM »

I think Murray will be in the zone and will trouce him 2&3.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Looks like it will be a good match. Hope Wawrinka in ailing from his Chardy match because I would want Andy to progress comprehensively through to the semis. To be honest Andy has been let off at this tournament in my opinion because so far he hasn't faced a single difficult player and looking ahead to the SF/F he doesn't seem to be competing against anyone he can't beat. As well as that this tournament will be good practice for Shanghai.

Odd. He's only just got to the round where he'll play a seeded player. Look at all the non-seeded players and Karlovic is actually probably one of the tougher ones.

And as for the rest of your comment.. well, ye. He's #3 in the world and the most in-form player on the planet right now. He's the top seed. Of course he's going to be competing against players who he should beat. That said, Tipsarevic and Berdych are two potentially very tough matches. Berdych is obviously one of the best players outside the top 4 and Tipsy isn't far behind. Berdych still has a winning H2H against Andy. Let's not take things for granted.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Tipsy won't be a big problem but Berdych might be waiting for him. Andy will have to bring his very best against him should they meet, but probably best not to get ahead of ourselves.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Tipsarevic is under-rated.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Sky are screening the tourney from 3 a.m. Thursday so Andy's match with Stan will be televised hopefully at a reasnable hour.
but not thursday Jan as the match isn't till Friday (though he is playing dubs tomorrow). Welcome home!  Hope you had a great time.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 06:46 PM »

Saw Tipsy rather too many times at the O2 last year as Andy had withdrawn.
He hits the ball very hard from the baseline but would not come to the net if his grannie's life depended on it. Whistle
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 06:49 PM »

I thought the expectation was that Andy would face Raonic in the SFs or is Raonic playing Tipsy in the QFs so that on ranking it would be Tipsy.
Like bbh I saw more than enough of him at 02 last year and looks like we could again this year.   He has the same horrible chest beating response to winning as Nole - must be a Serb thing.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 09:02 PM »

I thought the expectation was that Andy would face Raonic in the SFs or is Raonic playing Tipsy in the QFs so that on ranking it would be Tipsy.
Like bbh I saw more than enough of him at 02 last year and looks like we could again this year.   He has the same horrible chest beating response to winning as Nole - must be a Serb thing.

I still think Tipsy is bonkers, not that that has anything to do with anything, but thought I'd share the opinion. You're right about the chest beating though, I'd forgotten Tipsy does it too.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Gorillas beat their chest as a warning to potential rivals not to mess with them otherwise they'll get taken down-town and put in their place. I imagine those tennis players do it for the same reason.

Watching Djokovic his celebrations look very primal to me indeed, funnily I find Nadal very primal in his mannerisms as well. It isn't surprising that some of the very top players have those rather primate-like tendencies since being like so will naturally make them better athletes.
[ Last edit by laundry October 03, 2012, 09:55 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #14 on: October 03, 2012, 09:54 PM »

Don't know about primal but sure is macho and I don't like it.  Thank goodness Andy doesn't do it.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »