Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Wawrinka: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 26 (74.3%)
Murray in 3 - 9 (25.7%)
Wawrinka in 2 - 0 (0%)
Wawrinka in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 35

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October

(Read 6917 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #405 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35 AM »

Saw it. Beautiful boy, beautiful game.  cmonandy
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #406 on: October 05, 2012, 09:41 AM »

I didn't plan on seeing it live but ended up waking up just before the match started anyway! Pleased I did watch it - Andy played some great tennis, as did Stan in the second set. Think Andy regretted that tweener in the 3rd set though!

Interesting that nearly all of their matches have gone to 3 sets - clearly not an easy matchup for either player.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #407 on: October 05, 2012, 10:26 AM »

Like tj I was struck with the tone of almost awe with which Fleming spoke about some of Andy's best shot-making.  The dreaded Cowan made for once an interesting point afterwards:  Andy didn't get down on himself for letting Stan back into the match.  He just seemed to take the attitude of 'it happens' and got on with it.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #408 on: October 05, 2012, 10:28 AM »

I didn't plan on seeing it live but ended up waking up just before the match started anyway! Pleased I did watch it - Andy played some great tennis, as did Stan in the second set. Think Andy regretted that tweener in the 3rd set though!

Interesting that nearly all of their matches have gone to 3 sets - clearly not an easy matchup for either player.

Delighted for Andy. Well done! Have not yet watched the match, but as I have recorded it, will do so tonight.

Katie, don't forget that Andy took only two sets to beat Wawrinka in the Olympics
e
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #409 on: October 05, 2012, 12:19 PM »

Cant believe I missed this match cuz of school...gotta watch it while they show they show the highlights.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #410 on: October 05, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Katie, don't forget that Andy took only two sets to beat Wawrinka in the Olympics
e

Yes, but if you recall, that match was a bit tighter than the score suggested.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #411 on: October 05, 2012, 01:59 PM »

Ella Ling ‏@ellaling23

I'm thinking that racquet won't make a rapid recovery @stanwawrinka, good job!! Wink

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #412 on: October 05, 2012, 02:51 PM »

Yes well done Andy. Never an easy match against Stan who won the second set. Normal service resumed in the third and on to a win. Andy did look a bit tired after the match hope he is okay.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #413 on: October 05, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Like tj I was struck with the tone of almost awe with which Fleming spoke about some of Andy's best shot-making.  The dreaded Cowan made for once an interesting point afterwards:  Andy didn't get down on himself for letting Stan back into the match.  He just seemed to take the attitude of 'it happens' and got on with it.

Yes, for once that was a good point from Cowan.

There's no doubt in my mind that Andy's ability to move on much, much better is a key thing for him now. Sure, I think he's one of those players who will always show momentary bits of frustration, but that's the thing now, it's momentary. It's like the tweener he missed for example, how much would that have annoyed him in the past? Now he regroups and thinks about what he is doing, and I'm convinced that is the difference.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #414 on: October 05, 2012, 03:18 PM »

Andy didnt play his best tennis in this match..... but always felt he had several gears to move up to if it was a match of greater significance. Its really a warm up to Shanghai Masters ..which in turn is a lead up to World Tour Finals...only worth 500atp points at best...so I wouldnt care much even if he gets knocked out SF or beaten finalist .
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #415 on: October 05, 2012, 03:19 PM »

Andy didnt play his best tennis in this match..... but always felt he had several gears to move up to if it was a match of greater significance. Its really a warm up to Shanghai Masters ..which in turn is a lead up to World Tour Finals...only worth 500atp points at best...so I wouldnt care much even if he gets knocked out SF or beaten finalist .

I'd care. He's got points to defend.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #416 on: October 05, 2012, 03:21 PM »

And I hate losing.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #417 on: October 05, 2012, 03:50 PM »

And I hate losing.
as does Andy
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #418 on: October 05, 2012, 04:35 PM »

I thought Andy played some superb stuff in the 1st set.  A blinder tbh.  Total control.  He lost it a wee bit in 2nd, though Stan played better & served well.   The 3rd set could have gone either way, but I thought Andy was the stronger player overall.    He played some great aggressive shots.  His shot making was wonderful at times - as was his serve.   The US Champ looks set for yet another final I think.  Smile   cmonandy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Tokyo 2012 QF: Murray vs Wawrinka - Friday 5th October « Reply #419 on: October 05, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Ella Ling ‏@ellaling23

I'm thinking that racquet won't make a rapid recovery @stanwawrinka, good job!! Wink

Did he break it on purpose or while just hitting a shot??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »