Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Raonic: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (56.7%)
Raonic in 2 - 0 (0%)
Raonic in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct

(Read 10254 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #30 on: October 05, 2012, 06:44 PM »

Hey guys thanks for rounding the match off for me this morning. As you know I was there to witness it but I missed from 4-2 in the third so thanks for all the individual comments. In my opinion whoever wins this match will win the tournament because there is only Baghdatis and Nishikori to worry about and Murray normally has no trouble against them.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #31 on: October 05, 2012, 06:45 PM »

Genius Bevc, genius
I'm with johnj on this one. Andy's "got" these guys. yay
Let's Go Andy. Let's Go! yay yay yay
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #32 on: October 05, 2012, 06:48 PM »

Comms saying that the conditions will favour Raonic more here relative to Flushing Meadows so I don't think we can make any assumptions just because Andy thrashed him at USO.  Raonic isn't stupid and he'll come better prepared this time and less cocky I think.  That said Andy also has worked out how to play him so provided he keeps up his good play and his back isn't a problem, he should win but it could be in 3 like today.  Comms seem to assume it will be the 1st SF which means 4am UK time - another one for the sky+ I think.

Yes Ruthie -me too although I usually get up and watch the matches live but I don't seem to be recovering from jetlag and altitude too quickly (age I expect - but I love the Rockies) so I'm going to record it. Wish the Wawrinka match had recorded properly so I could have watched it but I won't make the same mistake with this one. If he makes the final I'll be there though. It is scheduled as the first semi at 4 a.m. - I suppose we shouldn't expect him to win everything in sight just because he's won a GS and GM recently, but somehow Andy shows a new confidence and his skills seem more positive and more professional than ever before - so You feel he is unbeatable. It's been a wonderful summer. Just want to say thankyou too to al those who play such a positive part in their contributions to MW - I appreciate them utterly even though my own contribution is simply as a bystander and poster -m thankyou all for making this site so pleasureable.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #33 on: October 05, 2012, 07:03 PM »

IP Logged
audie
Futures Level

my guilty ppleasure

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #34 on: October 05, 2012, 07:06 PM »

hi everyone got up to watch this morn and pc froze great eh!
anyway going set the alarm agian and hopefully will be able to watch this match

sorry everyone so is andy on at 4am  our time  tom morning hate this time thing  being old and thick dont help lol
[ Last edit by audie October 05, 2012, 07:13 PM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #35 on: October 05, 2012, 07:19 PM »

Lol.... detention for you then!!.... games all 'bout opinions ..  i think Raonic looks cumbersome in his movement ...but that Isner plays like a giant traffic cone wedged in cement

Actually, it's quite the other way around. Isner is the better version than Raonic and Isner also has a lot more to offer than Raonic. A lot of the matters are about opinions I agree but when it comes to assessing one's game, you can always see who has what and it's then no longer a matter of opinion. For example, you can always say Federer is more complete than Nadal and it’s a fact. Anyway, I've seen enough of both Isner and Raonic and I can see who has more game than whom, but I can give you this – Isner is more experienced right now since he’s been on tour for quite some time now, so perhaps, a few years’ time, Raonic will become more complete than he is right now. Or if you are a fan, you can always hope.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #36 on: October 05, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Yes Ruthie -me too although I usually get up and watch the matches live but I don't seem to be recovering from jetlag and altitude too quickly (age I expect - but I love the Rockies) so I'm going to record it. Wish the Wawrinka match had recorded properly so I could have watched it but I won't make the same mistake with this one. If he makes the final I'll be there though. It is scheduled as the first semi at 4 a.m. - I suppose we shouldn't expect him to win everything in sight just because he's won a GS and GM recently, but somehow Andy shows a new confidence and his skills seem more positive and more professional than ever before - so You feel he is unbeatable. It's been a wonderful summer. Just want to say thankyou too to al those who play such a positive part in their contributions to MW - I appreciate them utterly even though my own contribution is simply as a bystander and poster -m thankyou all for making this site so pleasureable.
Oh Jan you could have seen the full W match this pm on the highlights - what a shame.  I'm recording both the 4am and 6am programmes just in case.
Hope you had a great holiday - whereabouts in the Rockies were you?  I love them too!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #37 on: October 05, 2012, 07:52 PM »

Andy in 3.  6-4 4-6 7-6
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #38 on: October 05, 2012, 08:02 PM »

I am watching Andy's match against Raonic at the USO.

The good news is that Raonic movement is poor so doesn't get into good position to strike an attacking shot if he has to move far to reach there.

However, his strengths are his big serves and follow up FHs. If Raonic is on song, he can win his service games easily and then in a tiebreak anything can happen.

I am hoping that Raonic will lose concentration once a set and get broken for Andy to win 6-4 7-5

The advantage of playing Raonic is that there will be much fewer rallies so won't be as tiring for Andy for the final.
[ Last edit by Philip October 05, 2012, 08:05 PM ] IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Actually, it's quite the other way around. Isner is the better version than Raonic and Isner also has a lot more to offer than Raonic. A lot of the matters are about opinions I agree but when it comes to assessing one's game, you can always see who has what and it's then no longer a matter of opinion. For example, you can always say Federer is more complete than Nadal and it’s a fact. Anyway, I've seen enough of both Isner and Raonic and I can see who has more game than whom, but I can give you this – Isner is more experienced right now since he’s been on tour for quite some time now, so perhaps, a few years’ time, Raonic will become more complete than he is right now. Or if you are a fan, you can always hope.

'Actually, it's quite the other way around' LOL...is it?..all opinions dear... I've seen both play also.... a TV is handy now and then. IMO Raonic is a better player than Isner.... Isner has experience at doing sweet FA at slams.... Raonic at least has potential and plenty time on his side to be a more complete player ...Isner peaked and even that wasnt upto much in terms of challenging for the major tournaments.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Oh that is evil! I love it!  roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

He looks posessed....
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 09:07 PM »

'Actually, it's quite the other way around' LOL...is it?..all opinions dear... I've seen both play also.... a TV is handy now and then. IMO Raonic is a better player than Isner.... Isner has experience at doing sweet FA at slams.... Raonic at least has potential and plenty time on his side to be a more complete player ...Isner peaked and even that wasnt upto much in terms of challenging for the major tournaments.

You can say Raonic has "potential" but unless that actually happens in some near future maybe where we can actually "see" it, Isner is the better player. I get that you are a big Raonic fan but that's not enough to establish anything otherwise. And not all playes peak btw.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 09:12 PM »

Boring H2H yawn  Where's your imagination? lol

Yep, that's when my coverage starts (4pm for me) and they are 1st on court.

This one is just asking to be posted

Andy this is what Andy thought of that photo

lmao  Brilliant!

Haven't watched any of the Tokyo matches thanks to a virus.  Don't think Raonic wil be feeling so cocky this time around but that'll make him be more on his guard and he's bound to have made some changes to his game.  Andy should do it, but I'm going for 3 sets.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Good Luck Andy Mr. Golden Grandslam Boy, Go out there and let your racquet and your great returns talk to Milos....  cmon yeah cmonandy
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 09:23 PM »

You can say Raonic has "potential" but unless that actually happens in some near future maybe where we can actually "see" it, Isner is the better player. I get that you are a big Raonic fan but that's not enough to establish anything otherwise. And not all playes peak btw.

You 'get' that im a big Raonic fan?...eh?...no im not..never said that...so your perception needs a wee re-adjusting ...i simply beleive that out of the 'big' serving players he is the best of them. That style of play rarely wins anything in tennis.... and is dismantled every time by any player who has a complete game and is focused on the match at hand. Raonic has a better forehand than Isner and has a bit more variety..... thats not enough to beat the top guys...Isner is not a top player ...and frankly id laugh if you suggested he was.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »