Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Raonic: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (56.7%)
Raonic in 2 - 0 (0%)
Raonic in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct

(Read 10419 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #510 on: October 06, 2012, 08:10 AM »

If you can meet with triumph & disaster, and treat those two imposters just the same ---I can’t take this any more, Andy bashing himself up, that was awful, not losing, but beating up on himself.  Rome wasn’t built in a day---you won’t win them all.  Raonic played a great game, Andy played a great game. It could have gone either way.  Of course Andy helped Milos a great deal, offering up all that self abusive stuff, even though we’ve seen a lot worse, Andy was trying to get out of it, was rebounding, had to be tired from playing the previous game so recently and then the doubles which I believe went 3 sets, all within less than 24 hrs, quite a lot less, was telling himself if I fight hard enough I can do it, but sometimes you can’t, not when the body says not, and then you beat it up to boot! If Andy had won, which he almost did, we’d be calling him the giant killer and so he would have been, and he’d have been thinking of himself as almost infallible, but what goes up must come down, that’s the name of the game.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #511 on: October 06, 2012, 08:25 AM »

OMG I dont want Raonic to win Tokyo. Hope Nishikori shows him up.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #512 on: October 06, 2012, 08:31 AM »

FECK I didn't wake up cause my alarm switched off, then I wake up to the forum being down, then when it comes back up I see Murray lost! Frown

Fecking darn I just had a feeling Andy was going to lose, I was one of those two in the poll that voted Raonic to win in three Frown

At least this gives Andy a little extra rest and also Nish looked to play really well so he might well beat Raonic hopefully. It really isn't good for Andy those two new guys are coming up like this though, don't want them getting confidence and becoming strong competition.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #513 on: October 06, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Andy was sloppy when it mattered. Tired? Back hurting? Missing Ivan? Shrug
Being totally "Pollyanna" more time to prepare for Shanghai Whistle

I am not sure that I am reading this right, but it comes over as incredibly unkind. Mr M doesn't need to make any excuses. 3 sets matches always give the lesser player more of a chance. That's why Mr M was able to beat Fed and co in these sorts of tournaments but not in the GS's for a long time.  It's the end of the year all of the top players have played more matches than those who lose earlier on in the tournament. He has had a hell of a couple if months, no wonder he is knackered.  Mr M often can play less than his best and still come through, as he did in a couple of rounds at the US Open. Today he didn't manage it. He doesn't deserve to be crucified for it. Berdych lost in this tournament, and in the first round if the Olympics. Raonic lost to Tsonga in the Olympics in a close match. I hate coming on here after he has lost because people are so scathing about him. I appreciate I could simply opt out, but I get really annoyed about it. He lost, it's not the end of the World.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #514 on: October 06, 2012, 08:34 AM »

Keep calm. It's only ATP 500 xD.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #515 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37 AM »

@ Masaka
 But had br8 serve advantage, then MP lost. Why?
Offering explanations, is all.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #516 on: October 06, 2012, 08:37 AM »

Didn't watch all the match but I just hate Andy losing to Raonic.  I wouldn't have minded so much him losing to Kei in final tomorrow as I like the latter and it would have been great for Kei in Japan.  I just hope Raonic doesn't become Andy's 'bete noire' to be avoided at all costs.  But adb you are right.  Andy isn't an automaton and we don't want him to be.  He's not going to do what Nole did last year.   So anyone who describes him as pathetic deserves the epithet himself.  I'm sorry to hear that Andy was getting down on himself again but he is who he is and if he was tired or feeling sore must be difficult to keep it all together.
Just hope the bit of extra time before Shanghai will help as more important he defends that title.
Just read that he probably won't go East in the New Year and concentrate on doing better in early US hard court season by practising in Miami and perhaps playing Delroy Beach.  Sounds like he and Ivan learning lessons from this year and being smarter with scheduling.
And what happened to MW for last hour?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #517 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38 AM »

Nishikori beat Bhagdatis in straight sets 6-2 6-2. In my eyes the final is the battle of the future of Tennis, should be epic!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #518 on: October 06, 2012, 08:38 AM »

I dont care whether he won this tournament or not I'm just getting a little uptight about Shanghai because if he loses all them points his ranking will fall to 4 again and no one wants that.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #519 on: October 06, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Would he have to win to remain 3rd? I find these rankings kind of silly, Nadal's been out for a bit now, Murray won the Olympics and US Open, yet Nadal could overtake him by doing nothing? I'd rather the rankings were based on current form, I mean the defending points to me is stupid but whatever.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #520 on: October 06, 2012, 08:57 AM »

@ Masaka
 But had br8 serve advantage, then MP lost. Why?
Offering explanations, is all.
Sorry didn't think you were being deliberately unkind. Cowan was saying after yesterday's match that the conditions probably suited Raonic better. I just think it is one of those things. New players come up all the time. I am glad he has got extra rest for Shanghai. I think he needs to focus on getting as far as he can in Shanghai and the WTF, then have time at home to consolidate. Yes I know he has just had 3 weeks at home, but that included the enjoyable, but undoubtedly emotionally exhausting visit to Dunblane. He didn't look right to me against Warwrinka. In the space of 8 weeks he has just achieved, what I suspect he was starting to think was impossible. He is a sensitive soul. I simply think he might have had enough for this year. He needs to retrench, retreat and rearm. However he hasn't really got time got that, so he needs to push on for another month of so. I think we will see the knock on effect from the Olympics and USO far more next year. If we don't get another tournament out of him this year, so be it. It will less to defend next year at this time. Perhaps he just needs to try to defend as many of his points as he can, but not get too stressed about it all.
He has just lost a close match against a difficult opponent having reached the semi. I think most of us (including me) are probably over reacting a bit...!!!
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #521 on: October 06, 2012, 09:08 AM »

We must not get down about this.  Andy has played many more hours than Raonic recently.  Nearly 5 hours at USO final etc.  He looked tired to me against Wawrinka and also his back was obviously hurting.  He did not sit down in the breaks towards the end of the match which is a sure sign of back problems.  Hopefully he will now have time to have some trearment before the next tournaments.  The other pointers towards back and tiredness is the net having a magnet and the serve being a little difficult.  Hopefully he will give Basel a miss.

He had time off after the USO but went back into training after a exhausting week of press and Dunblane.

Lets just keep willing him on and not worry about this loss.  This year Djoko lost his first 500 after winning the AO and also did not do that well at IW if we must compare.  Djoko's 2011 was incredible and probably will never be emulated.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #522 on: October 06, 2012, 09:09 AM »

@Masaka
Peace.
I also think he looked v. tired against Stan and Milos. For once playing doubles didn't help.
Certainly hope he re-groups for Shanghai and at the very least, reaches semis.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #523 on: October 06, 2012, 09:10 AM »

Would he have to win to remain 3rd? I find these rankings kind of silly, Nadal's been out for a bit now, Murray won the Olympics and US Open, yet Nadal could overtake him by doing nothing? I'd rather the rankings were based on current form, I mean the defending points to me is stupid but whatever.
Agree with you. The last match Nadal played was the 27th June yet he is still No 4 in the rankings. Is he exempt from the mandatory tournaments since he can't have played much the previous year at this time to have do few points to defend?
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #524 on: October 06, 2012, 09:10 AM »

I apologise to Laundry,he was right to have anxious feelings over Andy's performance v Raonic.   I was wrong. I thought we'd seen the end of  Murrays ups and downs with his win in America  but we have'nt
What a scalp for Raonic there will be no holding him now
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 ... 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »