Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Raonic: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (56.7%)
Raonic in 2 - 0 (0%)
Raonic in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct  (Read 8085 times)
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #615 on: October 07, 2012, 09:44 AM »

Well if I hadn't banned myself from betting that would certainly be worth a flutter
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #616 on: October 07, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Ok it looks like they just hadn't dropped their odds yet XD

Down to 200 to 1 now.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #617 on: October 07, 2012, 10:19 AM »

So pleased that Kei won.  I recorded the match but Sky switched channels at 3-0 in the last set so I missed all the excitement at the end - soooooo annoying!  I, too, think he plays rather like Andy, which is probably one of the reasons that I like him - that and his engaging personality.

Just watched Andy's post-match interview and thought it was really positive.  He certainly doesn't appear to be too concerned about the loss so neither should we. The thing that I particularly liked was that Andy had his head up and was looking at the camera - something we don't usually see when he has experienced a defeat. Doing well at the WTF is obviously his goal for this year end and he seems to be in confident mood - we should be too!

[ Last edit by Alis October 07, 2012, 10:46 AM ] IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #618 on: October 07, 2012, 10:22 AM »

I'm utterly delighted about this result.  Andy didn't need it and Kei Nishikori has become an instant homeland hero.  Yay.
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #619 on: October 07, 2012, 10:27 AM »

I'm really pleased to see Kei win the biggest title of his career in front of his home crowd.
Plus he seems a nice guy and plays tennis that's fun to watch.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #620 on: October 07, 2012, 10:41 AM »

Very pleased for Nishikori; a proper nice guy and a gentleman to boot.

One interesting observation on the match is that Raonic massed up 14 aces to Kei's 0, yet KN on better performance still won. Shows that aces are not everything.

Moving on to Andy's back. This is a worrying senario. It appears he is having a corteson injections before every important match, which could eventually lead to a permanent deterioration in his bone structure. It would therefore end Andy's tennis superb career sooner than he would wish.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #621 on: October 07, 2012, 10:49 AM »

I'm utterly delighted about this result.  Andy didn't need it and Kei Nishikori has become an instant homeland hero.  Yay.
A voice of complete reason there. KN seems a really nice guy. This is only the second title he has won in four years. Obviously we would all have preferred Mr M to win, but this is the next best outcome. I remain of the opinion that it is better for Mr M to have less points to defend at the end of the season, when they are all more knackered, particularly the higher ranked players who play so many more matches. I also think Mr M will be fine with this result. KN deserved it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #622 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12 AM »

Hooray for Kei. yay
Hope he stays injury free and gate crashes the top 10 very soon. cmon yeah
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #623 on: October 07, 2012, 11:41 AM »

why are some people so obsessed of the number 1 ranking.  I don't get this at all.  Surely  slams>>>>>>>>>>>> ranking
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #624 on: October 07, 2012, 12:04 PM »

Slams are much more important than ranking, it would be nice if Andy got to number 1 once in his career though, I wouldn't care how long he stayed there though as long as he just managed to get there once he can put it on his CV Smile
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #625 on: October 07, 2012, 12:24 PM »

I agree with laundry. It would be great if Andy can get to #1 ranking for just 1 week to complete his cv so to speak and then he can focus all his energies on gathering GSs and MS. I agree with John that slams are much more important in the all time great history book. Arod got to #1 ranking but people only remember him for his USO slam.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #626 on: October 07, 2012, 12:29 PM »

Hopefully he'll get to number 1 by winning another slam. Smile It's definitely something that's possible if he could improve his performance in the Masters from this year as well.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #627 on: October 07, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Nish just broken Raonic in the 3rd, I said he will likely win this: he's been playing the best in the tournament. Everybody seemed to think it was a cert that Raonic would go on to win.
Wow, exaggeration much?

It was about 50/50, and even those who thought Raonic was favourite (myself included) never said it was a dead certainty. Christ.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #628 on: October 07, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Nishikori is 1000 to 1 to win the Australian Open, at youwin. Just wow that's crazy odds because if he plays like he did this tourny he could win a slam, of course it's not very likely at all that he will be in this sort of form again and keep it up for a whole slam but still at 1000 to 1 it's pretty good betting odds.
Alright let's not get too ahead of ourselves. If Andy had beaten Raonic I doubt Nishikori would even have taken a set. He's had a bit of a poor season from the AO 'til now, and although this win will cover his Shanghai points from last year, he still has another 300 to defend in Basel. He'll probably finish the year in the high teens.

His record against the top guys is poor and he himself is a bit too inconsistent to see off even two of the top 10 guys in succession. The talent is there to go far but he's a million miles away from the top 4 and his fitness is questionable.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #629 on: October 07, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Anyway, I'm delighted Kei won as he's probably my favourite player after Andy. I didn't see the match but surely something must have been wrong with Raonic though in the final set to get bagelled? Some back problem or just fatigue, because if his serve was firing there's no way he'd lose a set 0-6. Taking nothing away from Nishikori, I'm sure he was excellent, but even excellent is very difficult to break Raonic when he's on form.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »