Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Raonic: Predictions
Murray in 2 - 11 (36.7%)
Murray in 3 - 17 (56.7%)
Raonic in 2 - 0 (0%)
Raonic in 3 - 2 (6.7%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct

(Read 13217 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #660 on: October 07, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Not really a surprise win for Nishikori.... his game is all about mobilty & variation... the big servers or power players really struggle against that type of play. Thats why Raonics, Isners etc will never win anything of significance. Andy knows very well how to beat these players ...he just didnt bring his best tennis...or couldnt be assed bringing it coz it is a diddy tournament. Nice win Nishikori!... good player to watch... glad he beat Mr Prematurely Arrogant!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #661 on: October 07, 2012, 10:58 PM »

Seriously where has all this talk of injections come from? Didn't Andy specifically say after the USO that his back was fine now?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #662 on: October 07, 2012, 11:36 PM »

Seriously where has all this talk of injections come from? Didn't Andy specifically say after the USO that his back was fine now?

Yes he has, but at no point has he said that the injury is now sorted. He spoke just the other day of standing for long periods making it sore, that sort of thing, and he did appear to be stiff when he was playing Wawrinka and also Raonic. I'm not saying it is anything that would stop him playing for the rest of the year, but in Tokyo he did seem to be just a bit stiff.

That said, I just don't believe that he is having cortisone injections before every big match, not if they pose a risk. If he is then I suspect he is doing it just to help him to the end of the year when he'll have more time to deal with it properly. I personally think though, that someone somewhere has the wrong end of the stick. I will believe it is true when we hear Andy say it is.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #663 on: October 08, 2012, 03:09 PM »

Its not an injury. Its a tweak, twinge call it what you like. If he was really injured he wouldn't be scampering round the court like a roadrunner on speed.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #664 on: October 08, 2012, 03:33 PM »

Its not an injury. Its a tweak, twinge call it what you like. If he was really injured he wouldn't be scampering round the court like a roadrunner on speed.

Thank you Dr. BigNose, for your pearls of wisdom. Good to know you have inside information on the subject.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #665 on: October 08, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Thank you Dr. BigNose, for your pearls of wisdom. Good to know you have inside information on the subject.

LOL  Very Happy
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #666 on: October 08, 2012, 08:01 PM »

N
Thank you Dr. BigNose, for your pearls of wisdom.

No problem. I suspect I'm not the only one fed with people going on about a non-existent injury. It especially crops up when Andy loses a match. I mean he has got to be injured right? How else can you explain an Andy defeat.

Andy has had this back "niggle" since the beginning of the year. He's had his best 9 months ever over this period. So its not a problem. On the contrary!!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #667 on: October 08, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Are you a qualified doctor BigNose. When did you diagnose a "tweak" in Andy's back. You should take up tennis or go to medical school so you can spout utterly useless talk. Go and see how long you could play with a sore back. Not very long I think.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #668 on: October 08, 2012, 09:32 PM »

You all are so funny.  Andy made some errors the other day playing Raonic, he had him and he let him come back, you can't do that.  And I agree with Bignose that Andy was running all over the court which I do not believe he would do if he had a real injury.  I think players like Andy who take off after a ball to make a return must have niggley aches and pains, I sure wood.  I think we have to trust his trainers and Andy himself to take good care of himself.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #669 on: October 08, 2012, 09:59 PM »

So I just get back from camping, log on here, and find out the world has gone mad.

Andy lost to Milos?!!??! whaaa??   shocking

Can anyone give me the Reader's Digest version to save me wading through the threads?

If not, I've taped it and will watch it later and come to my own conclusion.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #670 on: October 08, 2012, 10:49 PM »

So I just get back from camping, log on here, and find out the world has gone mad.

Andy lost to Milos?!!??! whaaa??   shocking

Can anyone give me the Reader's Digest version to save me wading through the threads?

If not, I've taped it and will watch it later and come to my own conclusion.
Oh my god, Scotty girl. You're in for a Murray-coaster... or thereabouts.  
Started pretty dismaly. doh
Improved slightly and got the old act together.
Stablised nicely in the 2nd set. clap
Looked like the fat lady was about to sing in the 3rd,  at 4 -  1 up, to Andy. yay
The "boy" was making errors and was sliding away at one point, but sadly Milos launched a comeback and managed to go from strength to strength. Andy could not save the last vital points in the tie break.

And one little Head racquet lost its life on the battle field that day....brutally murdered by Mr M.  shocking

I lost loads of sleep this weekend as well, but I dont regret it!
I hope your camping trip was good?

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #671 on: October 09, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Excellent Iashurst clap
Put yourself forward for match reports superman
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #672 on: October 09, 2012, 12:04 PM »

LOL  Very Happy

Was tempted to ask if BN knew a cure for the pain I'm getting in my neck, seeing as he clearly knows about medical matters, but I'm sure he would have thought I was being funny........
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #673 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45 PM »

Oh my god, Scotty girl. You're in for a Murray-coaster... or thereabouts. 
Started pretty dismaly. doh
Improved slightly and got the old act together.
Stablised nicely in the 2nd set. clap
Looked like the fat lady was about to sing in the 3rd,  at 4 -  1 up, to Andy. yay
The "boy" was making errors and was sliding away at one point, but sadly Milos launched a comeback and managed to go from strength to strength. Andy could not save the last vital points in the tie break.

And one little Head racquet lost its life on the battle field that day....brutally murdered by Mr M.  shocking

I lost loads of sleep this weekend as well, but I dont regret it!
I hope your camping trip was good?

Thanks Linda.. and yes it was great. That's the final trip until next year.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tokyo 2012 SF: Murray vs Raonic - Sat 06 Oct « Reply #674 on: October 09, 2012, 02:32 PM »

And one little Head racquet lost its life on the battle field that day....brutally murdered by Mr M.  shocking

LOVE this.So,so much Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »