Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils

(Read 8695 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 12:48 PM »

blimey lucky Karlovic but unlucky Andy and Monfils.   Still he usually sees off Karlovic ok as his return game so good.

Littleb - a sky+ box really helps but sometimes you need to record the programme after the one you want in case a match overruns.  It's not normally necessary with a Sky programme but I was caught out with the Cilic match.  I'd assumed it would continue through to the next programme and instead it stopped recording at start of 3rd set, which was really annoying as I'd been looking forward to watching from when Andy made his comeback on my return from holiday.    doh
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Phew!  And just in time for bed!
Good one Bev. Ivo is saying the "F" word!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 01:34 PM »

Karlovic is exactly the player I would want Andy to play first round, a great substitute. This topic title needs changing now though Smile
[ Last edit by laundry October 01, 2012, 01:43 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Yes I know what you mean. We have a sky plus box in the living room but I missed the last two games of the US Open and was so cross about it. I'm an early bedder so I try to stay awake but sometimes fall asleep so I thought I would treat myself to one up stairs. My husband and son like to record the football and also films for my grandson so I will be able to keep the recordings and reply them at my leisure.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 02:46 PM »

Hi All,

So Andy's got Karlovic? Okay then......Our lad will just have to return well, and get the serve going. It's a tricky one, but if Andy is on the ball I think he'll be all right. I, on the other hand, will scream if I don't find a livestream for Japan soon. I mean, for goodness sake, Andy is defending Champion, Olympic Champion and US Open Champion, and he is a Brit. What is Sky thinking of to only show Japan from Thursday, when you literally can't move for WTA on there at the moment. Grrrrr!

Ruthie, do you know, it's never occurred to me to record the programme scheduled for after the tennis on Skyplus, but I will in future. I've been caught out once or twice with long matches. Just as well I stayed awake for the USO final, otherwise I would have missed Andy's win. Stupid Skyplus stopped at the beginning of the fifth! Had I not been able to stay up and realised what had happened the next day my language would not have been pretty!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Hey teejay.. I use these streams, currently no sign of this tournament until 4th but it could change. It's bound to be shown on Japanese TV, so maybe these channels can pick something up. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last year when Andy's first match was against Baggy, but I think a stream did eventually become available (?)
I guess we will just have to wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed.   Fingers crossed

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/tennis.html
http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 03:22 PM »

Hey teejay.. I use these streams, currently no sign of this tournament until 4th but it could change. It's bound to be shown on Japanese TV, so maybe these channels can pick something up. I'm pretty sure the same thing happened last year when Andy's first match was against Baggy, but I think a stream did eventually become available (?)
I guess we will just have to wait and see, and keep our fingers crossed.   Fingers crossed

http://www.vipboxsports.eu/sports/tennis.html
http://www.lshunter.tv/tennis-live-streaming-video.html
http://www.sportlemon.tv/c-4.html

Hi Sn and all,

Thanks for the links. I've checked lshunter just now, as I've used it before. Nothing so far, but I'll check again in the morning. I'll take a look at the other links.

I will definitely go through Sky and see if there are any Japanese channels I can access. Even if I can't understand the commentary it would still be worth it.

The stupid thing is, I don't remember the Asian swing at all from last year, nor much before the WTF. I must have been busy, and then I know I had visitors, and then the mother of all migraines. I think that's why I want to see some of it this year, just so that I don't miss out lol.

Thanks again for the links.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47 PM »

Ruthie, do you know, it's never occurred to me to record the programme scheduled for after the tennis on Skyplus, but I will in future. I've been caught out once or twice with long matches. Just as well I stayed awake for the USO final, otherwise I would have missed Andy's win. Stupid Skyplus stopped at the beginning of the fifth! Had I not been able to stay up and realised what had happened the next day my language would not have been pretty!
Sky+ sometimes has a mind of its own tj.  Like when it decides my box is about to be full and deletes one of Andy's matches I've only just started watching.  You can imagine my language then!  I learned my lesson and press the keep button if any danger of that now.   Re recording I've sometimes recorded hours of programmes  when not clear when Andy's match will end and I'm not around or awake to keep an eye on it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 03:49 PM »

Monfils would have been a much easier opponent.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 04:23 PM »

Monfils would have been a much easier opponent.
Why do you say that? The big fellow is not such a good mover, and Andy is able to cope with the big severs and his H2H is 4-0.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 04:23 PM »

I live in India. 3.5 hours behind Japan's time.
I hate it when matches are being played in US. 12 hrs difference so there it is bright sunshine whereas back here everyone are in deep sleep....
It's good to know Andy has fans on every continent! Where ever he is in the world some fans have the benefit of civilised viewing times, whilst others suffer lack of sleep. yawn  zz
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Why do you say that? The big fellow is not such a good mover, and Andy is able to cope with the big severs and his H2H is 4-0.
He's been out injured for ages and has absolutely nothing that can damage Andy. Karlovic on the other hand has obvious weapons and any loss in concentration at vital stages could easily see an upset.

Andy has never lost to Karlovic but look at the matches - apart from Cinci a couple of years back, all very, very tight affairs.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48 PM »

Andy enjoys playing big servers, it's a challenge to return their serves so it makes it fun playing against them. He usually brings his best game against them as well as he seems to focus better against big servers. I think it's good that he will have a first match that he can get in to and enjoy playing. I'm sure he will win quite comfortably as well :)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 04:49 PM »

Although this might be academic if no live streams, a match against Monfils would be much more entertaining to watch than one against the big server.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 05:21 PM »

Although this might be academic if no live streams, a match against Monfils would be much more entertaining to watch than one against the big server.

I agree Ruthie. The match between them at Wimbledon last year was not the most entertaining one that Andy played, although I was chuffed that he won.

Playing a big server like Karlovic requires Andy to do different things, although, obviously, his brilliant return game helps. I love the flair in Andy's game, but that isn't what is required so much against an opponent like Karlovic.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »