Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils

(Read 6470 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #270 on: October 02, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Where can you buy the dvds?I think I may need to do some purchasing if I can!Do you think they'd work for me in Ireland?

Dani, it's www.tennisdvdworld.net.

I don't know what they'd cost in euro's, but they shouldn't be bad.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #271 on: October 02, 2012, 12:01 PM »

I'm gradually adding to my Andy match library with some old favourites thanks to you tj.  I'm sure I'll be adding plenty more.  Do think the DVDs are v good value.

Glad to be of service Ruthie. They are good value, I agree.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #272 on: October 02, 2012, 12:57 PM »

Teejay and Ruthie,thank you SO much!Just had a quick look at the site there,and it's like a treasure trove-I want so many of them!(Not fantical at all,me!) Looks like I'll have to tackle my dad-he's very against buying stuff online,unfortunately,and I'd need his credit card!Here's hoping i can convince him it's worth it  pray

Can I ask,how good is the quality of the dvds?One in particular I'd be looking at buying is the Olympics final.As I'm sure you know,it's on youtube,and while it's in fantastic high definition,the sound is all out of synch!i've tried to watch it a few times,and as much as I love watching Andy beating Smugfed,the sound has annoyed me so much that I've turned it off every time.I wouldn't really want to buy a dvd unless I knew I was getting something good.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #273 on: October 02, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Dani I have uploaded the olympics final full on Youtube, it's a little bit out of sync but nowhere near as bad as the official olympics one
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #274 on: October 02, 2012, 01:11 PM »

I hope this outlet sells them on Bluray too. Also I kinda like the USA commentary over the UK's... McEnroe is awesome as is the guy that sounds like the main anchor idk his name... Carillo's annoying though
Yes they do sell blueray though more expensive.  They're v quick though have been shut until yesterday for a holiday so may have a backlog to work through - compare well with Royal Mail!!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #275 on: October 02, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Teejay and Ruthie,thank you SO much!Just had a quick look at the site there,and it's like a treasure trove-I want so many of them!(Not fantical at all,me!) Looks like I'll have to tackle my dad-he's very against buying stuff online,unfortunately,and I'd need his credit card!Here's hoping i can convince him it's worth it  pray

Can I ask,how good is the quality of the dvds?One in particular I'd be looking at buying is the Olympics final.As I'm sure you know,it's on youtube,and while it's in fantastic high definition,the sound is all out of synch!i've tried to watch it a few times,and as much as I love watching Andy beating Smugfed,the sound has annoyed me so much that I've turned it off every time.I wouldn't really want to buy a dvd unless I knew I was getting something good.

The quality is pretty good dani.  I've got 3 from the olympics and although I must admit I've not had time to sit down and watch any of them properly I checked them all and the quality is pretty much what you get on tv I'd say.   Tell your dad it's a good investment and I think it's a secure site.  They use paypal if I remember rightly.
Oh and you're right about it being a treasure trove. I've ordered the match against Roddick at Queens as well as USO final as that was such a treat.    All dvds are £8 even when they use 2 disks for longer matches.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #276 on: October 02, 2012, 02:56 PM »

Dani I have uploaded the olympics final full on Youtube, it's a little bit out of sync but nowhere near as bad as the official olympics one

Ohh,thank you Prodigy!!Could I ask what your youtube channel is,so I can find it?

Ruthie-that definitely sounds encouraging!TV quality is just great by me,as that's of course how I watched it when it was on-I'd just like the sound to match up and the picture to be clear Very Happy

I've been doing some more investigating,and I think the dvds are terrific value,even converted to euros-it's more having to pay the delivery charges that would add up very quickly for me.Still,if my dad agreed,and I could get the money together,I'd happily pay it!

If it's not too much trouble,whenever you get a chance to sit down and watch one of them properly,do you think you could let me know how you find the quality to be?Don't worry,I'm not asking you to sit down and watch one this weekend just so you could tell me how it was-just if ever you were watching one.Even if I do get my dad to agree to let me get a couple,I'd have to pay him the money beforehand,and I'm a permanently-broke student,so it may be a bit of a while before I get my hands on any of the dvds to see the quality for myself unfortunately.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 02, 2012, 03:01 PM ] IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #277 on: October 02, 2012, 03:00 PM »

Seems kind of silly that they would not televise the first couple of rounds, but they are televising all the tournaments going on now in the Asian countries and it seems that none started televising before the third round.

Yesterday I got in the mail three newspapers with the pictures of Andy and Kim and Judy with all the wonderful articles and it was like reliving the US Open win.

Andy's win at the US Open and the Gold and Silver medals are so much more important than many players like Roddick and DelPotros wins of slams.  This win was for the country and makes him an instant legend.  And very few win a Gold Medal and a Slam in the same year.  I have this relaxed feeling, just knowing that he has these wins, and I know that he must be feeling so confident in himself these days.

I was surprised when I looked at my phone this morning to see that Andy had already played and won.  I was a little concerned over him having to play Karlovic and I see by the stats that Karlovic hit 18 aces, but Andy had 9 and that is good and his other stats were quite good....so well done Andy, keep it going!! yay Super
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #278 on: October 02, 2012, 04:11 PM »

Teejay and Ruthie,thank you SO much!Just had a quick look at the site there,and it's like a treasure trove-I want so many of them!(Not fantical at all,me!) Looks like I'll have to tackle my dad-he's very against buying stuff online,unfortunately,and I'd need his credit card!Here's hoping i can convince him it's worth it  pray

The Olympic final DVD is the BBC's own coverage. It's a very good quality DVD. I should know, I think I've watched it a half a dozen times at least lol. Don't expect anything too glitzy, it is just TV coverage after all, but worth it.

I've been really naughty with that site. I bought Andy's semi and final from Queen's last year. One of my all time favourite Andy matches is that semi against Roddick. Oh dear me, he was good that day! I've also got that wonderful match against Llodra from Australia. That's fantastic, although I wish it had the Brit commentators. I've got Andy's AO semi from this year on a pro DVD, because I didn't know about that site when I ordered it.

I then went completely insane (it wasn't my fault, it was Andy's Whistle) and bought all his Wimbledon 2012 matches, and the Olympics too. I'm waiting for his USO matches. If he is going to continue to be as awesome as I suspect, I think I might have to limit myself to semi's and finals in  future!

You're right though Dani, it is a treasure trove. I want one of you to recommend some matches to me for my collection.

Oh, Dani, you are right about one of the versions of the Olympic final on Youtube. It is horribly out of sync. It's also not the commentary that was used on the BBC, which, for once, was entertaining.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #279 on: October 02, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Ruthie-that definitely sounds encouraging!TV quality is just great by me,as that's of course how I watched it when it was on-I'd just like the sound to match up and the picture to be clear Very Happy

I've been doing some more investigating,and I think the dvds are terrific value,even converted to euros-it's more having to pay the delivery charges that would add up very quickly for me.Still,if my dad agreed,and I could get the money together,I'd happily pay it!

If it's not too much trouble,whenever you get a chance to sit down and watch one of them properly,do you think you could let me know how you find the quality to be?Don't worry,I'm not asking you to sit down and watch one this weekend just so you could tell me how it was-just if ever you were watching one.Even if I do get my dad to agree to let me get a couple,I'd have to pay him the money beforehand,and I'm a permanently-broke student,so it may be a bit of a while before I get my hands on any of the dvds to see the quality for myself unfortunately.
Will try and remember dani but tj can probably help out as she's been ordering them for longer than I have.  Delivery charge in UK is £3 if I remember correctly and that was for 3 matches inc USO final.  Not sure what it would be for Ireland.

Oh tj just pipped me to the post and believe it or not tj it's the Roddick Queens and Llodra AO ones I ordered with USO final last week!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #280 on: October 02, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Oh andy won.  yay  Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #281 on: October 02, 2012, 04:25 PM »

The Olympic final DVD is the BBC's own coverage. It's a very good quality DVD. I should know, I think I've watched it a half a dozen times at least lol. Don't expect anything too glitzy, it is just TV coverage after all, but worth it.

I've been really naughty with that site. I bought Andy's semi and final from Queen's last year. One of my all time favourite Andy matches is that semi against Roddick. Oh dear me, he was good that day! I've also got that wonderful match against Llodra from Australia. That's fantastic, although I wish it had the Brit commentators. I've got Andy's AO semi from this year on a pro DVD, because I didn't know about that site when I ordered it.

I then went completely insane (it wasn't my fault, it was Andy's Whistle) and bought all his Wimbledon 2012 matches, and the Olympics too. I'm waiting for his USO matches. If he is going to continue to be as awesome as I suspect, I think I might have to limit myself to semi's and finals in  future!

You're right though Dani, it is a treasure trove. I want one of you to recommend some matches to me for my collection.

Oh, Dani, you are right about one of the versions of the Olympic final on Youtube. It is horribly out of sync. It's also not the commentary that was used on the BBC, which, for once, was entertaining.

Oh,Teejay,thank you for telling me about it!Yay-now it looks like I'm going to HAVE to convince my dad to let me,somehow!

I'm actually really happy to hear that it's the BBC version-that's what I watched,so if it's the same commentary it should really bring back all the memories of watching that terrific match.What a day that was!

The Olympic final on youtube is horrendously bad!And what's more disappointing is that it's the actual Olympic channel.They won't allow people to upload their own version,but then they can't even get it right themselves!And it's not just the final that was out of synch-they didn't put up all of Andy's matches,but of the ones they did,only the one against Nieminem actually matched the sound with what was happening on screen.The rest were all totally out of synch.SO disappointing.

Oh Teejay,it sounds like you've got a terrific collection going.So jealous!Have you found all of the dvds to be of a similar quality?
I've just been making a wishlist of matches that I want from the site- already the price I'd be paying is over 50 euro!And I've only looked at the Olympics and the USO so far!I'd also so love to have the ones from Wimbledon, and Queen's.I hadn't even thought of the Llodra match,but now I want that too!Eeek!What is Andy doing to me!

I think if I'm to have any hope of convincing my dad I'm going to have to start small,maybe just ask for one or two matches at first.Then I can just work my way down my list (which is looking like it's going to be very,very long indeed!)

Oh,thank you Ruthie!Unfortunately I'm international delivery,rather than UK,so it's a bit more expensive.In my opinion,though,if I could afford it I wouldn't mind paying it at all-the enjoyment watching those matches over again would bring me would make it SO worth it.
[ Last edit by xxdanixx October 02, 2012, 04:31 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #282 on: October 02, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Oh tj just pipped me to the post and believe it or not tj it's the Roddick Queens and Llodra AO ones I ordered with USO final last week!

Ah, I see! Great minds think alike Ruthie!

Dani, just a thought, but maybe you could ask for some of the matches for Christmas or birthday presents.

All of the matches I've got are of a similar quality. There is a tiny glitch on the Roddick Queen's match, where it looks like the picture broke down for a second, but it's so quick it isn't worth worrying about, and it didn't spoil the match.

The only one that infuriates me is the commentary on the Cilic match from Wimbledon. The two commentators mentioned Andy working with Lendl, saying it hadn't made any difference to him. Then one of them remarked that maybe Andy did it because he needed a father figure in his life. How rude! What do they think William is? I should add that these weren't British commentators, they were Australian on this recording, but I can't remember who they were. I remember being just a bit disappointed as well, because the BBC commentary on that match was good.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #283 on: October 02, 2012, 05:13 PM »

I was thinking that Teejay!The problem is,I'm kind of an impulse buyer-I see something I want,and then,if I've any money on me I need to have it!(It could,possibly be a part of the reason I'm usually broke.Lol!)

So now I'm the proverbial child in a sweetshop,looking at all these wonderful Andy matches and wanting them all instantly,haha.But yeah,I think if I could hopefully persuade my dad to let me get a few,he'd agree to a few more as christmas presents.My birthday's not until next summer-but hopefully Andy will have given us many more wonderful victories for me to want by then Smile

Good to hear the quality is largely the same.That's annoying about the Cilic match-it clearly wasn't anyone who knew anything about what he was talking about!I'm not sure which is more absurd,that the father who he and Jamie lived after the divorce,and who Andy has publicly credited with shaping his character (no disrespect meant to Judy,who I have a very high opinion of,but the press rarely credit William for his role in his kids' lives) isn't enough of a "father figure",or that Lendl had made no difference.That's ridiculously high level of stupid.

Then again,I was listening to one commentator during one of his matches,and he started talking about Maggie May,and going on about how terriers are snappy and growly and throw a fit if something they want is taken away from them (which I was a little offended by,as someone who's been lucky enough to own two lovely terriers!) and basically comparing Andy's on-court demeanor with these characteristics.Then he said that now Andy had matured,and got better control of his emotions,he'd have to get a new dog to match his new temperament!I thought that was incredibly rude,stupid commentary aswell-and he WAS british!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #284 on: October 02, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Whistle Nothing, I didn't say anything Whistle
The one with the big feet, or the one with the big wallet?  shocking
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »