Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils

(Read 7484 times)
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #285 on: October 02, 2012, 07:14 PM »

I'm going to have to go on a spending spree on that DVD website I think! Smile Due to Sky+ being annoying, it only taped part of the USO final and I'd like to be able to see it all again on the TV. I've got the Olympic final on my Sky box but need to free up some space soon so it would be great to have it on DVD.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #286 on: October 02, 2012, 07:25 PM »

Ohh,thank you Prodigy!!Could I ask what your youtube channel is,so I can find it?

Ruthie-that definitely sounds encouraging!TV quality is just great by me,as that's of course how I watched it when it was on-I'd just like the sound to match up and the picture to be clear Very Happy

I've been doing some more investigating,and I think the dvds are terrific value,even converted to euros-it's more having to pay the delivery charges that would add up very quickly for me.Still,if my dad agreed,and I could get the money together,I'd happily pay it!

If it's not too much trouble,whenever you get a chance to sit down and watch one of them properly,do you think you could let me know how you find the quality to be?Don't worry,I'm not asking you to sit down and watch one this weekend just so you could tell me how it was-just if ever you were watching one.Even if I do get my dad to agree to let me get a couple,I'd have to pay him the money beforehand,and I'm a permanently-broke student,so it may be a bit of a while before I get my hands on any of the dvds to see the quality for myself unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdkbmV5dBzI#noexternalembed-ws

A little out of sync, but not so much as the stupid olympic channel one. This is maybe a second or two out, whereas the olympic one is like 10 seconds out.... Would love it if someone could tell me the music at the start of the video!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #287 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45 PM »

A little out of sync, but not so much as the stupid olympic channel one. This is maybe a second or two out, whereas the olympic one is like 10 seconds out.... Would love it if someone could tell me the music at the start of the video!
According to a newspaper the music was Massive Attack's Unfinished Symphony for the walk on music -  if that means anything to you.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #288 on: October 02, 2012, 11:15 PM »

A thousand thanks for that link.  I just watched the whole Olympic final all over again.  Warm fuzzies
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #289 on: October 02, 2012, 11:54 PM »

Thank you so,so much Prodigy!!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #290 on: October 04, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Just saw this from 2nd October

Carole Bouchard ‏@carole_bouchard
It's said that Monfils issues come from his bipartite patella. Weird thing : Andy Murray has the exact same condition. Let their docs meet?
Retweeted by Simon Cambers
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #291 on: October 04, 2012, 04:41 PM »

Prodigy, thanks for this upload. I've got the Olympic final, but it was fun to hear Mac's commentary on this version.

It struck me whilst watching, on the BBC's coverage I don't think they showed much of the people on the hill, or rather, Murray Mount. It was packed! It was good to see the people trying to get in there to see our Andy thrashing Fed lol.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #292 on: October 04, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Prodigy, thanks for this upload. I've got the Olympic final, but it was fun to hear Mac's commentary on this version.

It struck me whilst watching, on the BBC's coverage I don't think they showed much of the people on the hill, or rather, Murray Mount. It was packed! It was good to see the people trying to get in there to see our Andy thrashing Fed lol.
they didn't show us [note the us!] at all I think because it wasn't BBC filming but the Olympics tv people.  I think BBC would have done.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #293 on: October 04, 2012, 05:55 PM »

they didn't show us [note the us!] at all I think because it wasn't BBC filming but the Olympics tv people.  I think BBC would have done.

I'd forgotten you were there, I'm still green with envy lol.

That's a good point though, I hadn't thought about that.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #294 on: October 05, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Hi All,

Nothing to do with Andy in Tokyo, but relevant to talking about the dvd's of Andy's matches, guess what came in the post to me today! All seven of Andy's USO matches. yay.

They all look fine. They've used the Sky coverage, which I'm pleased about, because it was good.

The final covers 3 dvd's! Haven't watched all of them yet, of course, but just the first few minutes of each match.

I'm glad I got all of them now. I might ready myself for tomorrow by sending Andy good vibes and watching him thrash Raonic in New York.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #295 on: October 05, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Oooh,Teejay,you lucky lucky thing!Delighted for you Smile
My dad is "considering"  whether or not to allow me. Rolling Eyes It's not an outright no,so I'm hopeful  pray
Enjoy them!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #296 on: October 05, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Oooh,Teejay,you lucky lucky thing!Delighted for you Smile
My dad is "considering"  whether or not to allow me. Rolling Eyes It's not an outright no,so I'm hopeful  pray
Enjoy them!

Thank you. Just a quick tip, a cheeky one lol. With my late Dad, if I really wanted something, which wasn't all that often, I used to find crying worked. You might want to try that one lol. It sort of works with my brother too. If I need him to drive me to concerts and such, I just imply that it's a mental health issue, i.e. if he doesn't drive me, I will drive him mad lol.

I'm sure to enjoy the DVD's. It's nice to think I've got Andy's glorious moment captured forever.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #297 on: October 05, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Hahaha,thank you!!Crying sometimes works with my dad too!But you've gotta choose your moments-sometimes it works,sometimes he just gets all stubborn and irritated.The mental health issue thing is great,I must remember that one!

It really is a lovely thought.Now here's to more glorious Andy moments! Very Happy
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #298 on: October 05, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Hi All,

Nothing to do with Andy in Tokyo, but relevant to talking about the dvd's of Andy's matches, guess what came in the post to me today! All seven of Andy's USO matches. yay.

They all look fine. They've used the Sky coverage, which I'm pleased about, because it was good.

The final covers 3 dvd's! Haven't watched all of them yet, of course, but just the first few minutes of each match.

I'm glad I got all of them now. I might ready myself for tomorrow by sending Andy good vibes and watching him thrash Raonic in New York.
Great tj and I've just received an email to say mine has been dispatched.  Only ordered the final [all 3 dvds of it] + Llodra at A0 and Roddick at Queens last year.  3 dvds for £8 is great value I'd say.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo R1 Murray - Monfils « Reply #299 on: October 05, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Thanks for doing that. I really enjoyed John Mac's commentary.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »