Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Murray vs Lacko: Predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Lacko in 2
Lacko in 3

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko

(Read 6175 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #180 on: October 03, 2012, 12:05 PM »

6-1, 6-2? Good lad.
I won't see any of this tournie. Camping, no wi-fi.
Sorry Andy.. catch you next time.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #181 on: October 03, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Great scoreline! It's good that his next match will be televised, livescores are no fun.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #182 on: October 03, 2012, 01:15 PM »

Wawrinka is his first proper test.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #183 on: October 03, 2012, 01:16 PM »

at least this wasn't fingernail biting livescore when you get all the pain without any of the gain.   Nice to see Andy dispatch his opponent with pretty ruthless efficiency it would seem from the scoreline and match time.
Still waiting to hear who predicted Lacko would win  Whistle
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #184 on: October 03, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Match report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/19812871
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #185 on: October 03, 2012, 02:15 PM »

Just heard the result on sky sports news. Well done Andy nice win and not long on court. Was wishing he would be on tv just got my sky plus box up and running now I hear the match will not be on tv. Spoil sports
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #186 on: October 03, 2012, 02:17 PM »

Thanks Laundry!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #187 on: October 03, 2012, 02:24 PM »

Damn no luck of me following live scores. Hope it's a good match  cmonandy
Welcome MuzzaFan, I couldn't watch live update either....darn work gets in the way. welcome
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #188 on: October 03, 2012, 02:27 PM »

Wonderful way to wake up, look at the phone to see that Andy won quite easily.  I didn't like the 3 double faults, but the rest of the stats looked great, Well done Andy!! yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #189 on: October 03, 2012, 02:36 PM »

Wonderful way to wake up, look at the phone to see that Andy won quite easily.  I didn't like the 3 double faults, but the rest of the stats looked great, Well done Andy!! yay
well at least service percentage was up slightly and he served more aces today I think so I think we can allow the dfs Apollo.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #190 on: October 03, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Ruthie, yes obviously the df's didn't hurt anything......  It must have been another good match from Andy -- hopefully he is saving his best for the televised matches.

Waiting to watch the live update on the doubles match.... good luck Jamie and Andy!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #191 on: October 03, 2012, 03:14 PM »

Hi All,

I think it's tough to judge a performance when you can't see it, but going by the stats I think he did very well. His FSP wasn't bad, although it could be a bit better. I'd rather it be better for the tougher opponents to be honest, and I'm sure it will be. I think it was better today than against Karlovic.

The percentage of points won behind first and second serve was impressive. 77% behind the first serve, and 68% behind the second. That's not bad.

Andy served 6 aces today too.

All in all I think we can excuse three double faults. I wondered if he was going for a bit more on the serve today.

I don't want to tempt fate, but it feels like Andy is building quite nicely. Stan will be more of a test, but I think Andy will handle it.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #192 on: October 03, 2012, 03:52 PM »

I assume by the speed of it that he is still jet lagged, and wanted to get back to bed...!!! I always feel slightly (very slightly), for his opponents when they encounter him in this sort of mood.

The interesting thing from that Independant article, which is also The I paper by the way, much cheaper if anyone wants a copy, is the fact he admits to focussing totally on the GS's recently, which is what people on here have been saying. I think now he has broken his duck, he will be more focused on these type of matches now. As well as the GS's he will be after ranking points, to help him reach his next target I.e. World No 1. Good luck to him, if is going to be fun to watch.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #193 on: October 03, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Great match today from Andy. Seemed a lot more consistent with the return converting all 4 of his break point chances. I definitely see him winning Tokyo comprehensively.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Tokyo R2 Andy Murray - Lukas Lacko « Reply #194 on: October 03, 2012, 05:21 PM »

I assume by the speed of it that he is still jet lagged, and wanted to get back to bed...!!! I always feel slightly (very slightly), for his opponents when they encounter him in this sort of mood.

Oh, I must be a horrible person lol. I love watching Andy thrashing opponents. One of my favourites is the semi's from Queen's last year, when Andy thrashed Roddick.

I love it when he plays like that because he seems to just relax and play.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »