Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov

(Read 7752 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #60 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06 PM »

“When I talk to him [Ivan Lendl] about tennis or anything, he doesn’t really talk much about how he’s done at tournaments or his records and stuff, he’s more interested in how many times he’s hit someone in practice or some joke he played on them in the locker room rather than talking so much about his records.“
“Obviously for a period he [Lendl] was unbelievable here [at the US Open]. Eight finals in a row, he won three of them. He’s completely different to me. When he had night matches he played 18 holes of golf in the morning, if he played early he’d play 18 holes in the evening. That’s not really my vibe at all.“
“I feel a bit more comfortable up at the net, probably because when I practise with him, when I’m up at the net, he spends the whole time just trying to take my head off, so the ball probably feels a bit slower when I’m up there now.“

“He comes to the net sometimes but he’s just strange. I’ll try and hit him and I’ll miss his head – and I’ll hit it as hard as I can – and miss his head by an inch and he’s just there laughing his head off. He just finds it hilarious whereas most sane people would be a little bit freaked out, a little bit worried by it, but he just laughs it off most of the time. I haven’t managed to hit him yet. He’s hit me once in the nine months [he's been my coach]. I haven’t managed to get him yet but I will do. I’ll try this week.“

Very Happy  hilarious   IVANDY  !!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #61 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07 PM »

Do they have to show the Nadal Djokovic final from last year.They showed that match at 2 o'clock this afternoon,i'd rather have watched Andy winning the Olympic GOLD again.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #62 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07 PM »

They're showing last year's Stosur/Serena final while waiting here, in between live shots of the players' lounge (where it's standing room only) and the courts.
Rain has abated. 
Fingers crossed...
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #63 on: August 27, 2012, 07:07 PM »

omg thise highlights from last years final...Novak was absolutely sensastional. Glad he aint so hot this year!
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #64 on: August 27, 2012, 07:09 PM »

There is also a Scotland Murray Magic tee shirt at www.cafepress.com
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #65 on: August 27, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Play to resume at 2.30 so 7.30 U.K. time. They're drying up the courts now.
Fingers crossed.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #66 on: August 27, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Had to laugh at that teeshirt website which said if you liked that you'll like this and one of the line of tee shirts was a smugfed one.  Little do they know.  w00t

That sounds hopeful mad.  They were saying it's getting lighter in the distance a moment ago so fingers crossed.

Yes I was wondering whether Andy would be bumped off in favour of kingfed if it didn't stop raining till the night session.  But if he gets started that can't happen.  yay
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #67 on: August 27, 2012, 07:20 PM »

God there weathers as bad there as it is where i live.Andy i hope you win this Grandslam as im off to Turkey for two weeks,and im made sure i booked it,so that i go when the tennis is over.Gonna celeberate with a drink,only one though as im tee total,sex on the beach,thats a cocktail by the way.Christ i'll be ill for the whole fortnight were there i expect,but it will be worth it if Andy wins the US Open.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #68 on: August 27, 2012, 07:22 PM »

Play to resume at 2.30 so 7.30 U.K. time. They're drying up the courts now.
Fingers crossed.

Oh that sounds hopeful. I don't think I can be ready for work in 10 mons though lol
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #69 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28 PM »

yay the suns out! Nearly Andy time
IP Logged
Becky
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #70 on: August 27, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Yay the sun is out.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #71 on: August 27, 2012, 07:29 PM »

Still getting Djoko/Federer on Eurosport Player ... any signs of activity anywhere else?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #72 on: August 27, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Just shown some live shots of the courts and going to need a lot of towels to dry the court off. Gosh, I'm knackered already and not even got to work yawn
Rotten luck for you Bev, I must say.  There may be more days like this I fear.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #73 on: August 27, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Yes lots of bad weather, huricanes in Florida, heading for Mississippi, New Orleans where the last huricane damage is not cleaned up, people living in tents.  Those storms could head up the East coast and give New York a lot of problems.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #74 on: August 27, 2012, 07:31 PM »

Come on Andy hope you can wrap this one up in three sets,and get of the court quickly.Hope when Feds due to start it rains all night.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »