Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov

(Read 8694 times)
caroline
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #450 on: August 27, 2012, 10:30 PM »

Yeah it would be great to think Donald Young could beat Fed,or at least make it tough for him.But dont think thats gonna happen shame.Just hope that Fed gets some day matches where the conditions are real tough.Even though he never even seems to break out in a sweat.It's still tough on the body.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #451 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32 PM »

Forgot to ask, we didn't hear the on court interview on Sky. What did Andy say?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #452 on: August 27, 2012, 10:32 PM »

So annoyed that I couldn't get to actually watch the match,but absolutely delighted that he won!Yay Andy!1 down Smile
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #453 on: August 27, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Did you see the interview on Sky?  Quite short but Andy was very honest in his opinion of his performance, hope the cramp was just that no injuries please Andy!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #454 on: August 27, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Must admit I gave up watching in 2nd set and put on record while watching another match and peeping every so often.   Well they say the ability to win when playing poorly is the mark of a true champion so let's hope that was the case tonight.  What was encouraging in that first set was that he went to the net more than usual I think and was pretty solid there.   Greg put the cramp down to the humidity and perhaps not having the fluids quite right.  Today was probably a combination of rust and nerves + playing in a half empty cavern must be such a contrast to the olympics experience that perhaps felt abit flat. Wish I'd seen that on court interview; if I'd realised would have gone to the version under red button where they have the US comms.

Onwards and upwards Andy but you sure need to sort that serve out.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #455 on: August 27, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Accepted he could have played better but felt he played ok at key points.  Said it was quite windy out there. When asked about whether his body was ok, or something like that, he smiled and said I hope so.  Still he doesn't have to play again till wednesday at earliest and possibly thursday so time to deal with any niggles and hopefully that serve.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #456 on: August 27, 2012, 10:40 PM »

First round down, not a vintage performance but all things considered such as the searing heat and humidity etc, awful conditions etc.  Positives, straight sets win, back in the locker room nice and early can chill out waiting for the rubbish scheduling to sort itself out till Wednesday!!  Better scheduling position than last year folks!!

It was only 74 degrees, but humid as it always is on the East Coast.  I am wondering if now that Andy won the Gold if he is feeling a lot more pressure and perhaps that is why the Chardy match and then todays match where he dropped serve so much.  The good thing is he did not give up he kept fighting....I hope part of the match recorded, there were a bunch of Americans playing so those are matches that they showed.  I hope to see his interview and I hope he is okay.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #457 on: August 27, 2012, 10:42 PM »

It'lll be Thursday caroline so he's got an extra day to recover!! and so have we!
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #458 on: August 27, 2012, 10:44 PM »

See you in round two on Wednesday Andy. yay
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #459 on: August 27, 2012, 10:45 PM »

Oh will it thanks for that bit of information Rachie i thought it was Wednesday.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #460 on: August 27, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Andy was doing stretches during the match. Then he had what looked like cramp. Either that or he has a hamstring problem. Does anyone know if you do stretches if you have a problem with your hamstring?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #461 on: August 27, 2012, 10:49 PM »

Well the comms were saying it might be thursday but not that it definitely would be.  It could be wednesday.  I think they start 2nd round on wednesday alongside finishing 1st round.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #462 on: August 27, 2012, 10:50 PM »

Andy was doing stretches during the match. Then he had what looked like cramp. Either that or he has a hamstring problem. Does anyone know if you do stretches if you have a problem with your hamstring?
Comms were  talking about his hamstring when he cramped but afterwards didn't seem to think it was a real problem.  The stretches looked more like they were stretching upper body or pelvic area?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #463 on: August 27, 2012, 10:51 PM »

It was only 74 degrees, but humid as it always is on the East Coast.  I am wondering if now that Andy won the Gold if he is feeling a lot more pressure and perhaps that is why the Chardy match and then todays match where he dropped serve so much. 

Are you joking? How can winning a gold medal at the Olympics put Andy under pressure and cause him to drop his serve? Honestly. If anything it would take pressure off him. He's won the 5th biggest tournament so a Slam is the next one. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #464 on: August 27, 2012, 10:57 PM »

Accepted he could have played better but felt he played ok at key points.  Said it was quite windy out there. When asked about whether his body was ok, or something like that, he smiled and said I hope so.  Still he doesn't have to play again till wednesday at earliest and possibly thursday so time to deal with any niggles and hopefully that serve.

Thanks Ruthie, I heard him on Sky, but that wasn't on court.

The problem is that we've got used to Andy playing as he did at the Olympics I think, so we expect perfection now as much as he does. He did get a bit down on himself, yelled at himself once, but to be honest I didn't think he was too bad. He looked like he was trying to get himself going, and frankly I think it worked on the whole. Those conditions were tough today.

Anyway, he's through, onwards and upwards.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »