Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov

(Read 6952 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #465 on: August 27, 2012, 11:10 PM »

Andy (from the Telegraph report on the match)

He said: ''I was struggling a little bit, there were a lot of long games, long points, we both did a lot of running. I sweated a lot and it was just a little bit of cramp. I need to make sure I stay better hydrated.''

So its cramp! Nothing to worry about.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #466 on: August 27, 2012, 11:10 PM »

Not Andy's greatest performance but the good thing is that he managed to win in 3 straight sets. First round matches are often not great performances by all the top players (despite Greg seeming to think that Fed & Djokovic never start slowly) but I expect Andy will improve with each round he plays.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #467 on: August 27, 2012, 11:31 PM »

Brilliant on-court interview. So genuine. When asked how he would mark himself, he said 6 or 7 out of 10.. but that he beat a tough opponent and got the job done.

Love the crowd's reaction to his Gold Olympic Win! And love Andy's reaction to the crowd's appreciation.
Pure Gold! Smile
Of course Eurosport didn't show that - typical!  In fact I'm not in love with Eurosport Player - paid my sub for a month then have to scramble around for another livestream because they're showing a different match - American, of course.

Andy (from the Telegraph report on the match)

He said: ''I was struggling a little bit, there were a lot of long games, long points, we both did a lot of running. I sweated a lot and it was just a little bit of cramp. I need to make sure I stay better hydrated.''

So its cramp! Nothing to worry about.
Well that's a relief.  But it is a problem getting the hydration balance right.  Being over-hydrated is just as bad - and I seem to recall Andy was in one match earlier this year.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 27, 2012, 11:43 PM ] IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #468 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Wll done, Andy! Needs to improve a bit, find the serve and win his own service games.
Keep it up!
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #469 on: August 28, 2012, 12:51 AM »

I just can't believe Andy is getting slagged off for for winning 6-2 6-4 6-1!?! How awful a result is that??? Job well done Andy!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #470 on: August 28, 2012, 02:18 AM »

So 1 match down. It was good to see him come through in the end despite his serve thoroughly let him down especially in the first two sets. I guess it was tough to adjust that heavy conditions after the rain and it was quite windy too. Nonetheless a straight set win. It's good that he has a couple of rounds so-so matches. Dodig is next. I guess every match will tell a different story so let's wait and see how that one goes.

John Mac and Brad Gilbert talked about Andy's performance a bit. Brad thought Andy should have stayed in London after the Olympics win and should have never come to Toronto. JM agreed and said that if he were Andy, he would have partied the whole week. They both feel Andy's having a bit of a let down for not properly celebrating his victory in London. Wish Lendl had told him to stay back, celebrate and skip Toronto. It's absolutely necessary to deal with a major loss or win. Hopefully Andy will learn from this.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #471 on: August 28, 2012, 02:19 AM »

Catch you later Bev.  wave

You're not missing Andys best match, thats for sure. doh

Bye Bev. wave

I was a bit disappointed that livescores on my phone didn't work and had to download the US Open application and it used up my data allowance for the day, unless I wanted to pay more of course!

How do people manage watching things on their phone when a appears to be a simple application for watching scores uses up the allowance in minutes? retard
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #472 on: August 28, 2012, 02:29 AM »

Not Andy's greatest performance but the good thing is that he managed to win in 3 straight sets. First round matches are often not great performances by all the top players (despite Greg seeming to think that Fed & Djokovic never start slowly) but I expect Andy will improve with each round he plays.

It was almost the most astonishing result in Wimbledon’s history, the day that Federer went out of the tournament before any of the British men – there are only two this summer – had even stepped on to the lawns.

Lunchtime on the first day of the Wimbledon fortnight, and Federer looked all discombobulated out there on the grass, and he dropped the first two sets. If Falla had held on to his delivery when he served for the match at 5-4 in the fourth set, the rest of this fortnight would have been Federer-less, and Wimbledon without Federer is a bit like a cuckoo clock without a cuckoo, a glass of Pimm’s without the mint and the fruit.

From the Telegraph, June 2010 Very Happy
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #473 on: August 28, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Just watched Andy's match I had recorded it earlier because we have dancing on Monday evening.  Congrats Andy; bit scary those lost games but excellent resilience in horrid conditions.  Don't get hung up on the first serve it will just stress you out; good rest, massage and lots of fluids and he'll be good as new.  Prayers and luck against Dodig (Who!!!) Off to bed to dream that Young will do us a favour against fedface.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #474 on: August 28, 2012, 04:17 AM »

It was almost the most astonishing result in Wimbledon’s history, the day that Federer went out of the tournament before any of the British men – there are only two this summer – had even stepped on to the lawns.

Lunchtime on the first day of the Wimbledon fortnight, and Federer looked all discombobulated out there on the grass, and he dropped the first two sets. If Falla had held on to his delivery when he served for the match at 5-4 in the fourth set, the rest of this fortnight would have been Federer-less, and Wimbledon without Federer is a bit like a cuckoo clock without a cuckoo, a glass of Pimm’s without the mint and the fruit.

From the Telegraph, June 2010 Very Happy
lmao

Fed also had a similar scare against Falla in R1 of the Olympics, where, according to the Guardian report, "Federer mixes the sublime and dire in three-set win". 

That, and Wimby 2010, somewhat put Andy's match into perspective.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #475 on: August 28, 2012, 04:27 AM »

John Mac and Brad Gilbert talked about Andy's performance a bit. Brad thought Andy should have stayed in London after the Olympics win and should have never come to Toronto. JM agreed and said that if he were Andy, he would have partied the whole week. They both feel Andy's having a bit of a let down for not properly celebrating his victory in London. Wish Lendl had told him to stay back, celebrate and skip Toronto. It's absolutely necessary to deal with a major loss or win. Hopefully Andy will learn from this.
I read a brief article by a psychologist who said exactly the same thing about Andy.  Sad.  Also Lendl should have had more sense than to encourage him to come to Toronto.  Maybe he did try to stop him but I have my doubts.  Lendl's a real whip and Andy was so caught up in everything I suspect he wasn't thinking very clearly anyway.  Also he likes playing there, so Shrug

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #476 on: August 28, 2012, 08:48 AM »

Interesting that people are saying that but if he had I'm sure he'd have been slagged off by others for not being professional and meeting his commitments - he can't win sometimes can he.

hugo: is anyone slagging Andy off?  As people have said we've perhaps got spoilt with such wonderful performances in the Olympics so it was something of a let down and I suspect for Andy too playing in  a half empty cavern with little crowd noise.  And Andy himself has acknowledged he served poorly.  To be honest I found watching the serving so dispiriting that I put it on record and watched another match and just peeped to see what was happening every so often.  Fainthearted I know but I wasn't really enjoying it.  But it's to Andy's credit that he came through with such a good scoreline when his serve had deserted him and the conditions were challenging - humid and windy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #477 on: August 28, 2012, 09:22 AM »

Frigging US coverage! ranting get to see Andy hold serve 1st set (3-2) and then back again for Andy to take 1st set. They then go round the courts doh and we are back 2nd set at 2-3. Just stick to the one match please!  Sam Gore and Taylor Dent are my comms.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #478 on: August 28, 2012, 09:28 AM »

I was so disappointed with Andy's start that I put the tv on silent and read my book instead. However, ever so often I glanced at the screen to see how our man was progressing.

Fortunately, I had recorded the match, therefore now that Andy has won I shall watch it fully tonight with sound.

A win is still a win. It is the sign of a champion to win ugly when not playing well!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #479 on: August 28, 2012, 09:39 AM »

There's a long thread hanging off Andy's towel that's bugging me. lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »