Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov

(Read 8632 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #495 on: August 28, 2012, 07:54 PM »

Hi All,

To be fair, we don't know that Mr. L did encourage Andy to play Toronto. Andy does know his own mind and he strikes me as being someone who can say no when he wants to. Maybe he wanted to try to keep some momentum going. Maybe he thought that he had responsibilities to the tour and the tournanent in Toronto. Maybe he just wanted to go or felt that he should. There is also the fact that Toronto is mandatory unless you cite an injury. Maybe Andy didn't want to be accused of injury faking again, although I'm sure fatigue would have been reasonable in the circumstances, but we all know what people are like.

I think we need to remember as well that Andy did get a win in Toronto before pulling out, and then a great win over Querrey in Cincy before it went wrong against Chardy, which I still think was just one of those things.

I still think if Andy had dropped a set yesterday we might have reason to worry. As it was he didn't, and some of his shot-making was quite brilliant. At this early stage we don't need to borrow worries. Let's just see how the next one goes. I still think Andy will be fine.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #496 on: August 28, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Andy came to Toronto because he didn't want to let me down. Very Happy
Kidding aside, I honestly didn't expect him to come here, and he said he didn't decide until the morning of the match whether or not he was going to play. It sounds like he made his own decision.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #497 on: August 29, 2012, 01:05 AM »

Lendl wanted to meet with Andy in Toronto. I don't think Lendl was there in Cincinnati.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #498 on: August 29, 2012, 01:33 AM »

^Lendl was with Andy in Toronto and Cincy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #499 on: August 29, 2012, 01:43 AM »

Unfortunately, Andy doesn't have the benefit, as Fed has by virtue of the number of tournaments he has played, of being able to duck out of a Masters here and there.  As far as I am aware, Toronto is a mandatory tournament and if he hadn't played he would have been fined and carried a 0 point penalty for the rest of the year.  It may well have been worth it in this case but I don't think it's in Andy's nature to shirk his responsibilities - he genuinely seems to play it by the book.

I did think Andy felt obligated. He was probably overwhelmed by the situation anyway. And then Lendl was waiting for him in Toronto.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #500 on: August 29, 2012, 07:06 AM »

I did think Andy felt obligated. He was probably overwhelmed by the situation anyway. And then Lendl was waiting for him in Toronto.

Agree with that. Unknown situation, not sure what to do etc.  Obligation probably outweighed partying. Not sure Andy is partying type either.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #501 on: August 29, 2012, 09:22 AM »

Andy  certainly doesn't come over as partying type but I suspect he'd have liked to spend more time in the village and attend final ceremony.  And celebration for him would probably have been an intimate do with Kim, friends and family.  But he did what he did and I think should get credit for it and no point speculating about the what ifs now.
IP Logged
Ruh1dg30

Re: US Open R1: Murray vs Bogomolov « Reply #502 on: August 29, 2012, 02:38 PM »

Yeh im not sure how much of Greg I can stomach!! I wish we could have Petch and Fleming in studio!

Jonny Mac is a total Murraytard at heart Very Happy

Yeh im not sure how much of Greg I can stomach!! I wish we could have Petch and Fleming in studio!

Jonny Mac is a total Murraytard at heart Very Happy
I know what you mean I feel the same but managed to watch on livestream on PC better that than Bella, she just is so in awe of Federer, makes me want to puke.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »