Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 12809 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #105 on: September 05, 2012, 04:52 PM »

I'm still feeling confident about this match 

Johnnie, tell me this is a home movie, it's how I imagine you to be.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #106 on: September 05, 2012, 04:55 PM »

hahahaha.  That gif  describes me in every single way tbh.  That's totally me.  Totally.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #107 on: September 05, 2012, 05:00 PM »

Very Happy
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #108 on: September 05, 2012, 05:11 PM »

Smallest court he would be moved to would be Grandstand.

Priority today is Djokovic's side of the draw and the completion of those matches.

My main worry is that night and day sessions are treated independently at the USO. I sincerely hope there's no possibility of the day session being cancelled (Murray not being able to play) and yet Federer could sneak in his match later tonight.

i agree. It would not make sense to have QF matches done with R16 matches waiting to play. I assume that Roddick, Delpotro, Tipsy, Khols, Nole and Stan will play today and if need be they'll push out the QF matches, which would mean both sides of the draw would have to play back to back days.

Crazy they don't have a roof (or a better scheduling plan) by now!  doh
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #109 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13 PM »

Hi all can anyone please tell me what time Murrays playing?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #110 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13 PM »

Hi All,

I'm doing all right today. An hour or so of coverage and I've only insulted Rusedski once. Can't they just switch him off or take his batteries out or something?

Ruthie, how much do we want to bet that it will be Andy who gets bumped off Ashe? I  didn't trust the tournament director one bit, truth be told, I thought he was an idiot. I tell you, if Smugfed (sorry, didn't like seeing Smugfed's cosy chat with Cilic either, call me paranoid if you will) benefits from the rain interruptions I will spit blood. I couldn't believe the justifications from Boris and co for Smugfed benefitting, although, observant of Marcus (note the sarcasm there folks) to notice he usually does. He's no.1 in the world. So? What does he want, a gold medal? Oh sorry, cheap shot lol.

Mind you, if the rain situation doesn't ease Djokovic's half could be in a pretty pickle. I'd feel sorry if Andy hadn't found himself in a similar situation before. All they need to do is leave Andy on Ashe today and I'll be happy. Move him and I will throw a hissy fit, and they wouldn't like me when I'm angry lol.

Sky were just showing parts of Andy's semi against Nadal last year. Yes, they are showing a match Andy lost on a day he is due to come out and play a quarter final. Fools!

I know, I sound nervous, hence the insults, sarcasm etc. I'm not really. I'd just rather they got on with some tennis. It's the waiting that makes me a bit loopy. This is the very reason why I hate watching the build up to matches. It makes me bonkers lol.

Oh just stop raining already!

IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #111 on: September 05, 2012, 05:15 PM »

I
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #112 on: September 05, 2012, 05:20 PM »

I cant seem to find out what time Murrays playing.  Anyone Know?
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #113 on: September 05, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Nobody knows gemf - it's raining?
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #114 on: September 05, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Ok thanks what time was he scheduled to play?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #115 on: September 05, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Hi all can anyone please tell me what time Murrays playing?

How long is a piece of string? Wink

Third match on Arthur Ashe, keep an eye on the matches preceding it.
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #116 on: September 05, 2012, 05:28 PM »

if Andy is not able to play by the rain , will this be disadvantge for him ??? ( sorry for my poor English )
IP Logged
gemf
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #117 on: September 05, 2012, 05:29 PM »

thanks very much
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #118 on: September 05, 2012, 05:31 PM »

I've heard of Lenglen Ct at Roland Garros being the graveyard court, but never heard any of the courts at the Open called that. 

Mathew Cronin has his daily picks and here is what he says about Andy's match:
3- ANDY MURRAY VS. 12- MARIN CILIC

The tall Croatian knocked Murray out of the 2009 US Open in the fourth round in an incredibly impressive performance, but that was his only win over the savvy Scot in seven attempts. While that victory indicates that he is capable of pulling off an upset, it does not mean that he come into this match as favorite by a long stretch.

Murray is a different player than he was back in 2009, with a more effective serve and forehand. While he remains an emotional competitor, he is not often hysterical when he begins to play badly. Yes, the perfectionist gets angry with himself when he’s not playing well, but he does not mentally jump off bridges.

Because Murray has an understanding as to how to compose himself in long matches, he does not suppose that if he gets into a funk that he cannot get out of it. The 23-year-old Cilic is much more prone to collapsing, even though at 6-feet-6 he should be able to serve himself out of difficult spots. But he has been very up and down since he cracked the top 10 in January of 2010 after reaching the semis of the Aussie Open. When he gets on a hot streak he looks like a top five player to be, but when he’s in funk he’s vulnerable to losing to anyone.

Cilic has had a pretty good stretch on grass and on hard courts prior to the US Open, but nothing that real knocks my socks off and is enough to convince that he power past Murray, who schooled him at Wimbledon. The world No. 3 put on a clinic in his straight set victory over Milos Raonic and while Cilic returns and moves better than the Canadian does, he can also be predictable and wrong-footed. Cilic will take a set, but Murray will charge back into the US Open semifinals.

IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #119 on: September 05, 2012, 05:35 PM »

if Andy is not able to play by the rain , will this be disadvantge for him ??? ( sorry for my poor English )

Depends if Federer v Berdych gets played or not. Ultimately, the people at a disadvantage right now are  on Djokovic's side of the draw, still to play their R4 matches apart from Ferrer/Gasquet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »