Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 84 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic  (Read 10877 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #60 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13 AM »

Good thinking all & thanks for all the interesting links!

cmonandy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #61 on: September 05, 2012, 05:34 AM »

Guesstimating Andy on not before 2:00 pm Wednesday (7:00 PM GMT)
Follows (1) Sharapova finish from 11:00 am start
             (2) Roddick/DelPotro finish
             (3) Andy vs Cilic
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #62 on: September 05, 2012, 06:57 AM »

On radio were saying they expected Andy to be on c10.30pm BST.  But if weather bad again I guess it could play havoc with the schedule and then, as has been pointed out, there's the danger he gets bumped to tomorrow.   But if they manage to get it played then great he's on AA and day match not a problem when not so hot.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #63 on: September 05, 2012, 07:17 AM »

On radio were saying they expected Andy to be on c10.30pm BST.  But if weather bad again I guess it could play havoc with the schedule and then, as has been pointed out, there's the danger he gets bumped to tomorrow.   But if they manage to get it played then great he's on AA and day match not a problem when not so hot.

Seems a bit late, I'd have thought more like 7:30pm BST. Think
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19 AM »

well they've got to finish the women's match which could go to 3 and who knows how long the men's match will last?  But yes you're right could be earlier than that; do hope so.  But if there are rain disruptions then anything could happen. Another possibility would be that Andy's match is bumped on to one of the other courts, which wouldn't suit him either as Ashe suits his game best.  Does anyone know what the forecast is as not been able to find a decent one via google or USO site.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47 AM »

well they've got to finish the women's match which could go to 3 and who knows how long the men's match will last?  But yes you're right could be earlier than that; do hope so.  But if there are rain disruptions then anything could happen. Another possibility would be that Andy's match is bumped on to one of the other courts, which wouldn't suit him either as Ashe suits his game best.  Does anyone know what the forecast is as not been able to find a decent one via google or USO site.

BBC Weather for New York

BBC looks pretty crap. Frown
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #66 on: September 05, 2012, 07:49 AM »

Work tomorrow and 11 hours ahead. So do I do an all nighter waiting for the match? Or wake up around 3am for it? Or assume it will rain so wake up at 6am for work?

The joys of being a Murray fan Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #67 on: September 05, 2012, 08:10 AM »

The forecast looks absolutely horrendous! shocking

Lucky if we see any more than 3 hours of tennis today.
IP Logged
Bladder

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #68 on: September 05, 2012, 08:31 AM »

I,m sure I saw somewhere that Eurosport will be showing Murray v Cilic live
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #69 on: September 05, 2012, 08:38 AM »

BBC Weather for New York

BBC looks pretty crap. Frown
Well it does say showers rather than continuous rain - just trying to look on the bright side of life  Whistle
Re timing I realise now that BBC was just saying they'd start live radio coverage at 10.30 when the cricket [which I realise is just over the bridge from where I live] finishes.  But any timing estimates are going to be hopeless  in face of weather forecast.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #70 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19 AM »

And I always thought it only rained at Wimbledon! Why can't the Americans build themselves  a roof? I hope Andy has enough computer toys to play with. It looks as if he's going to have a long wait. At least he is'nt in the middle of a match.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #71 on: September 05, 2012, 09:44 AM »

Ag
Berdych always tends to raise his level against Federer. He is very good at taking advantage of Fed's 2nd serve and murdering any short returns. He's also, like Nadal, can take advantage of Fed's backhand and make him feel very uncomfortable. 
Agreed. I'm expecting Berdych to win this and meet Andy in the semis.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #72 on: September 05, 2012, 09:52 AM »

Yes, Cilic is playing better than he has done for many a long while, but for goodness sakes Andy has started to play
the tennis of his life.
At slams, even when playing way below par and other players eg Chardy and Lopez are playing lights out, Andy has managed to come through.  yay
 yay I'm with John on this one. Will be as  nervous as the rest of you should he meet Fed or Berdych next round though. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #73 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59 AM »

Regardless I will be my usual wreck for this. However it goes back to the usual point, which Murray appears today. The victory against Raonic must give him tremendous confidence. That was meant to be a really tough match, for Mr M, one he would find it difficult to win. He turned up, spent two or three games working him out, and then triggered a brutal massacre. Clic might have also improved, but how many GS finals has he reached? - not too mention how many Olympic Golds has he got? There was an interesting article in the Guardian yesterday, about how a lot of Lendl's input has been on raising Murray's confidence and self belief. Also how much energy did Murray waste in 09, on on court rages? Even against Lopez he kept that well under control. We will see, but I will be surprised if he actually loses.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #74 on: September 05, 2012, 10:11 AM »

Cilic has so many technical flaws, he's like a tennis version of Microsoft Office. Watch how many forehands go two inches wide. Murray will obliterate him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »