Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 12074 times)
combBMS

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1185 on: September 06, 2012, 01:29 AM »

Is Andy qualified for London now? not good with numbers  doh
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1186 on: September 06, 2012, 01:32 AM »

as far as I know he is
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1187 on: September 06, 2012, 01:32 AM »

Your Ana is in deep trouble.

At least it was fast and painless. Frown
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1188 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35 AM »

At least it was fast and painless. Frown

Because Andy has some miserable fans (not a lot thank God), I like it how he makes them suffer. :p
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1189 on: September 06, 2012, 01:35 AM »

aww  - sorry
IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1190 on: September 06, 2012, 01:37 AM »

Because Andy has some miserable fans (not a lot thank God), I like it how he makes them suffer. :p

You are so bloody arrogant it takes my breath away, you do talk shite sometimes.  You're not always right you know.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1191 on: September 06, 2012, 01:51 AM »

Mr. Lendl should make Andy stand on the naughty step for his actions in the first set.............then a big hug for his fightback in the second and the bagel in the fourth!  Well done Andy, that was the worst rollercoaster ever but you didn't let us down.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1192 on: September 06, 2012, 01:52 AM »

Never in doubt, seriously. Andy was never going to give this one up without a fight. He found a way, but more than that he had the mental strength to work it out. Knew he would!

Of course he wasn't going to. He was mad at himself for playing crap at first and sometimes, it just takes him a lot more time to get into a match but he was definitely serious about this match.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1193 on: September 06, 2012, 01:53 AM »

Some comms mentioned today that Andy's gonna take the 3rd pace in the ATP ranking if he made the finals. Is that right?

@EJ I was realy angry at Andy's display in the first set and in the majority of the second. That performence was one of the worst I have ever seen him play, so I can understand some of the fans giving him a hard time here.(Admit I didn't read the whole topic, can't find decent livestreams in recent times.)
[ Last edit by what September 06, 2012, 01:59 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1194 on: September 06, 2012, 01:58 AM »

Some comms mentioned today that Andy's gonna take the 3rd pace in the ATP ranking if he maked the finals. Is that right?

@EJ I was realy angry at Andy's displayer in the first set and in the majority of the second. That performence was one of the worst I have ever seen him play, so I can understand some of the fans giving him a hard time here.(Admit I didn't read the whole topic, can't find decent livestreams in recent times.)
That is correct, yes.

Nadal will be on 7515 points after this tournament. Andy will be on 7290 at least. If he was able to reach the final, he'd gain an extra 480 points - putting him on 7770.

As it is rankings are the last thing on my mind, and I'm sure Andy's too.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1195 on: September 06, 2012, 02:05 AM »

Some comms mentioned today that Andy's gonna take the 3rd pace in the ATP ranking if he maked the finals. Is that right?

@EJ I was realy angry at Andy's displayer in the first set and in the majority of the second. That performence was one of the worst I have ever seen him play, so I can understand some of the fans giving him a hard time here.(Admit I didn't read the whole topic, can't find decent livestreams in recent times.)

I was a member of Samprasfanz almost all my life. There were a lot of times when Pete played horrendously but never I remember any of us getting really nasty. We got frustrated for sure but never nasty. There was almost never a fight. I just don't remember. Apollo used to be member of that forum so she knows. And because that was a fan forum too, I can easily compare the two. They were also a lot of Americans and international fans, so after joining this forum, I really understood why Andy gets so much unnecessary bashing almost all the time. Americans are more supportive even when their player is really down and playing crap. On a more general forum, I have seen fans of Roddick supporting him regardless and it's not like he's achieved a lot. My mind is undoubtedly more North American.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1196 on: September 06, 2012, 02:08 AM »

British coping mechanism perhaps. We're very passionate, us Brits. Taking out our frustrations on an internet message board helps calm the worries.

(of course I only speak for those who do get annoyed on here and I'm not completely serious with the British generalisation!)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1197 on: September 06, 2012, 02:11 AM »

Maybe that's why you guys haven't done much in sports for a long time now.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1198 on: September 06, 2012, 02:13 AM »

Maybe that's why you guys haven't done much in sports for a long time now.
Two F1 world champions in successive years two years back. Best cricket team in the world. 3rd in Olympics. Ranked 3rd in the world in football (although should be closer to 10th), 4th best tennis player in the world, three of the best golfers in the world, two best cyclists in the world...

Ye, we suck at sports. Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1199 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17 AM »

Two F1 world champions in successive years two years back. Best cricket team in the world. 3rd in Olympics. Ranked 3rd in the world in football (although should be closer to 10th), 4th best tennis player in the world, three of the best golfers in the world, two best cyclists in the world...

Ye, we suck at sports. Wink

But in Olympics, host country almost always tend to do well. When was the last time you guys won the World Cup both in Cricket and Football? When was the last time a tennis player won a Slam?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »