Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 12252 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1200 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18 AM »

But anyway, that's besides the point. I just noticed the difference after joining this forum and I've been to many forums. Mostly Americans of course.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1201 on: September 06, 2012, 02:25 AM »

But in Olympics, host country almost always tend to do well. When was the last time you guys won the World Cup both in Cricket and Football? When was the last time a tennis player won a Slam?
I'm sorry, I didn't realise football, cricket and tennis were the only sports in the world.

Also that British lad, I forget his name, you know, the tennis geezer, he won the Olympics a month ago. Pretty sure that counts as doing something.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1202 on: September 06, 2012, 02:29 AM »

I'm sorry, I didn't realise football, cricket and tennis were the only sports in the world.

Also that British lad, I forget his name, you know, the tennis geezer, he won the Olympics a month ago. Pretty sure that counts as doing something.

I am sure they'd be more happy if they were to snatch one of the ones I've mentioned. But again, that's besides the point.
IP Logged
underenthused

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1203 on: September 06, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Not to jump into the Fangument going on here but I went to work at the end of the first set and then managed to see the end of the 4th. The word donkey was at the forefront and as usual you don't really know which Andy is on the court but really mentally an amazingly strong result. Not sure why the discord.Ecstatic  and it makes me feel confident for semis. I would prefer Fed over Berd. I think it would help Andy more to beat fed to the final and berd scares me a bit in his unpredictability at least with Rog you know he is the best tennis player of the last decade smug or not.
[ Last edit by underenthused September 06, 2012, 02:36 AM ] IP Logged
sengamac
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1204 on: September 06, 2012, 02:38 AM »

couldn't agree more
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1205 on: September 06, 2012, 02:40 AM »

the first set for Berdygh
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1206 on: September 06, 2012, 03:19 AM »

From tennis.com

NEW YORK—After Andy Murray started his quarterfinal match with Marin Cilic down 0-3, hitting zero winners, committing six errors, and winning only three points, a fan in Louis Armstrong Stadium shouted: “It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. Come on, Andy!”

IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1207 on: September 06, 2012, 03:22 AM »

Berdych 2 sets up! I'd rather Andy played Smugfed.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1208 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31 AM »

Yup.... IMO its 50/50 even an in form murray will beat Berdych if he continues to play as he currently is against Fuderer.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1209 on: September 06, 2012, 03:42 AM »

Yup.... IMO its 50/50 even an in form murray will beat Berdych if he continues to play as he currently is against Fuderer.

An in-form Murray wiped the floor with Federer a month ago.

Berdych doesn't stand a chance against an in-form Murray. Which is why Berdych is #7 and Murray is #4 - Murray's a better player.

The H2H is in Berdych's favour, but two of those were on clay. On hard it's 2-2, with Andy coming out on top in their most recent fixture in Dubai.

Of course if Murray's off-form it's a different matter. But then, it wouldn't matter who he faced.
IP Logged
underenthused

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1210 on: September 06, 2012, 03:46 AM »

Fed winning in 5 is my Best option for the semis and he is coming back in the third but I don't know if he can pull it off.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1211 on: September 06, 2012, 03:47 AM »

I left my office with Andy down 2 breaks in the second.  I got into my car and with the butterflies in my stomach, I held my phone in one hand with the live update going and the other hand on the steering wheel. I'm on the highway reminding myself to not hit any cars but glancing down at the scores. Andy breaks and I am yelling in the car c'mon Andy hold serve.  I think what is the chance that he can break again, you gotta do it Andy.  And he does it and it is 5 all, then Andy has 6 and I am hoping he can break again, not asking for much am I.  Well it didn't happen and I have to endure a tiebreak in the car and I suddenly have to get my thumb on the score update so the score will update and not hit anyone.  Andy wins the tiebreak and I am so excited about this tremendous comeback. Just amazing Andy.  I get in the house and turn on the tennis only to see the roddick match on, it ends and I figure they will play Andy , but no, they put on Serena, I am screaming no, but I have to go to my meeting so with phone in hand I go to my meeting and have some wine and continue to watch the match on the phone and Andy wins, yeahhhh, that's what champions do they keep fighting they don't give up.  Well done Andy, so proud of you!!

Okay berdych is up two sets on Federer but they are on serve in the third, who do you all want to win?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1212 on: September 06, 2012, 04:22 AM »

Careful with that stuff in the car, Apollo. Very risky.
IP Logged
Big dutch fan of Andy
Satellite Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1213 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27 AM »

it will be Berdych in the semi
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1214 on: September 06, 2012, 04:27 AM »

I dont think it makes any difference which player from the Federer v Berdich gets through ...both will be tough to beat. If Murray reproduces or betters the form that took out Raonic in the last round. I think he'll beat either of those players ...and indeed win the title. I wouldnt bet my mortgage on it though... there is such small margins between winning and losing to those players at the final stages of a slam. I believe Muzza can win it if he plays the best tennis he ever has... anything less wont be enough IMO.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »