Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 13009 times)
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1215 on: September 06, 2012, 04:34 AM »

Berdych wins 6-7, 6-4, 3-6, 6-4
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1216 on: September 06, 2012, 04:45 AM »

Ej you 're right, just can't do this on the road, but thank goodness everything ended ok!
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1217 on: September 06, 2012, 04:51 AM »

An in-form Murray wiped the floor with Federer a month ago.

Berdych doesn't stand a chance against an in-form Murray. Which is why Berdych is #7 and Murray is #4 - Murray's a better player.

The H2H is in Berdych's favour, but two of those were on clay. On hard it's 2-2, with Andy coming out on top in their most recent fixture in Dubai.

Of course if Murray's off-form it's a different matter. But then, it wouldn't matter who he faced.
Yeah I had read the H2H stats also..... however IMO Murray has struggled against the way Berdych plays in the past ....i recall watching the matches... He's a hard hitter with more variety to his game than Raonic though...and I believe Muzza will have to play even better than he did in that game to win this. That said I think Murray can hit a level nobody has seen before...if he just gets his head right for those final slam matches.

Rankings dont always mean much ... Berdych #7 just beat world #1 SmugFed.... we'll see ...I'll be backing Muzza
IP Logged
Bladder

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1218 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29 AM »

I watched the first set and the first game of the second set then went to bed in disgust.Come on Andy Murray,stop doing this to us,I,m an old age pensioner and have already had two strokes and certainly do not need any more.
How about getting your head out from where the sun dont shine and get really stuck in from the first set.You proved you could do it during the Olympics so lets have a bit more like that.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1219 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49 AM »

I watched the first set and the first game of the second set then went to bed in disgust.Come on Andy Murray,stop doing this to us,I,m an old age pensioner and have already had two strokes and certainly do not need any more.
How about getting your head out from where the sun dont shine and get really stuck in from the first set.You proved you could do it during the Olympics so lets have a bit more like that.

Instead of berating Andy you should be saying well done for doing what great players do and that is turning a match round and then going on to win easily. Andy said in his press conference that he doesn't play well on Armstrong. Once it got darker and the conditions slowed down he was able to play well. Be ready to cheer him on to victory against Berdy on the AA court which Andy loves playing on.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1220 on: September 06, 2012, 07:00 AM »

Oh. My.  God.   ANDY WON.  ASDFGHJKLASGSDHBIEBFCV

FEDERER LOST.    THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME-EST THING I HAVE EVER WOKEN UP TO.  JUST DANCING AROUND TBH.  
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 September 06, 2012, 07:05 AM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1221 on: September 06, 2012, 07:04 AM »

Instead of berating Andy you should be saying well done for doing what great players do and that is turning a match round and then going on to win easily. Andy said in his press conference that he doesn't play well on Armstrong. Once it got darker and the conditions slowed down he was able to play well. Be ready to cheer him on to victory against Berdy on the AA court which Andy loves playing on.
I agree we should focus on the positive of Andy turning it round in what sounds like pretty spectacular form or at least causing Cilic to crumble completely in final set.  I guess one thing Andy and Lendl need to think about is how to cope when he has to play on courts he doesn't like.  But it must have been really difficult as he wouldn't have had time to prepare for that whereas I guess Cilic has played more on LA so far.  I thought Andy didn't look too happy trudging over to LA at the start.  But brilliant in the end and that is his 7th GS SF out of last 8 - what a record.
I think another factor might have been the empty stadium when they started.  After a night match on Ash that must be something of a psychological come down.  Jonathan Ovarend suggests that was a factor too:

"It must have been odd for Murray to go from a full house New York night session to the feel of a behind-closed-doors match.

"Things were flat as a Manhattan pancake when the match started - switched to Louis Armstrong in front of a hardcore few - and Murray's lethargic play wasn't helping.

"But as the Roddick match ended, crowds started to file in and Murray responded, feeding off the extra energy. Crucially, he also started moving his feet and putting pressure on Cilic with deeper groundstrokes.

"The Croatian got tight, spectacularly so when leading 5-1 second set, and the moment Murray levelled the match - impressively from 4-2 down in the tie break - there was only going to be one winner."
[ Last edit by Ruthie September 06, 2012, 07:10 AM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1222 on: September 06, 2012, 07:19 AM »

HOW ON EARTHS NAME DID Andy win and Federer lost  shocking   Andy was losing 6-3 5-1.   ( last time I checked) I was sure he had lost.  BUT THEN HE WON.   yay w00t Smile  WHAT THE HELL. 

I spent the half the night worrying  Frown  ugh. 

I am sorry  I will never be confident for any of Muzz's matches ever again.  I AM SORRY.  I caused you this pain.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1223 on: September 06, 2012, 07:21 AM »

Well done Andy another win, and in my book that's all that counts,  every match is different getting the win is all that matters, 2 matches to go you can do it .  yay yay
IP Logged
frewbuddie

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1224 on: September 06, 2012, 07:39 AM »

Well done Andy lad proud of you always knew you would come through a lot of nervous people on here last night. lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1225 on: September 06, 2012, 08:23 AM »

Agh!Just got a chance to come on here now,and I am ridiculously happy!Well done Andy!!!
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1226 on: September 06, 2012, 09:32 AM »

welcome Bladder. Following Murray is not for people with dodgy tickers , but at least you won't die of boredom. Last night was a match to remember.But all worked out well Andy's  qualified for the O2 and is only 226 points behind Nadal and is in the semis US Open.Worth a few heart flutters surely.
 Now to cheer him on against Berdych.

[/quote]

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1227 on: September 06, 2012, 09:34 AM »

So, I fall asleep on the couch at 3-6 1-5. When I wake up, it's 5-0 in the fourth. Guess I saved myself a lot of anguish in between.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1228 on: September 06, 2012, 09:35 AM »

So, I fall asleep on the couch at 3-6 1-5. When I wake up, it's 5-0 in the fourth. Guess I saved myself a lot of anguish in between.

Second set tie-break was as tense as I've been watching Murray. Once he clinched the breaker, you had the feeling Murray was going to cruise for the remainder of the match.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1229 on: September 06, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Andy said in his press conference that he doesn't play well on Armstrong.

Armstrong is lightning-quick. Andy himself said he hates it because it's "twenty times quicker" than the other courts. How can this be allowed?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »