Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic

(Read 12310 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1230 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43 AM »

From tennis.com

NEW YORK—After Andy Murray started his quarterfinal match with Marin Cilic down 0-3, hitting zero winners, committing six errors, and winning only three points, a fan in Louis Armstrong Stadium shouted: “It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish. Come on, Andy!”

I love that quote! clap
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1231 on: September 06, 2012, 09:44 AM »

Oh. My.  God.   ANDY WON.  ASDFGHJKLASGSDHBIEBFCV

FEDERER LOST.    THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME-EST THING I HAVE EVER WOKEN UP TO.  JUST DANCING AROUND TBH.   
  Not to gloat, but I called this 2 days ago,
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1232 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46 AM »

I left my office with Andy down 2 breaks in the second.  I got into my car and with the butterflies in my stomach, I held my phone in one hand with the live update going and the other hand on the steering wheel. I'm on the highway reminding myself to not hit any cars but glancing down at the scores. Andy breaks and I am yelling in the car c'mon Andy hold serve.  I think what is the chance that he can break again, you gotta do it Andy.  And he does it and it is 5 all, then Andy has 6 and I am hoping he can break again, not asking for much am I.  Well it didn't happen and I have to endure a tiebreak in the car and I suddenly have to get my thumb on the score update so the score will update and not hit anyone.  Andy wins the tiebreak and I am so excited about this tremendous comeback. Just amazing Andy.  I get in the house and turn on the tennis only to see the roddick match on, it ends and I figure they will play Andy , but no, they put on Serena, I am screaming no, but I have to go to my meeting so with phone in hand I go to my meeting and have some wine and continue to watch the match on the phone and Andy wins, yeahhhh, that's what champions do they keep fighting they don't give up.  Well done Andy, so proud of you!!

Okay berdych is up two sets on Federer but they are on serve in the third, who do you all want to win?

OMG!  no  As much as I love keeping up with tennis scores, that's a naughty  Horrific crash near me with a lady with her phone in one hand and driving with the other.  Her son is now orphaned and 3 young girls have horrid scars.  Please, not again. hug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1233 on: September 06, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Armstrong is lightning-quick. Andy himself said he hates it because it's "twenty times quicker" than the other courts. How can this be allowed?
Seems to be all part and parcel of the joys of the USO.
Just remembered this morning that as bb reminds us Andy has now qualified for the 02 - hooray.  Now keep yourself injury free for that please Andy as have tickets for a number of days in the hopes of seeing you.
And so close to Rafa in the rankings.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1234 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38 PM »

I love that quote! clap
“It’s not how you start, it’s how you finish" that quote was borrowed from Usain Bolt!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1235 on: September 06, 2012, 01:36 PM »

Hi All,

A few suggestions for the USO.

1) Organise a sensible schedule, or make sure Andy is always on the correct side of it.

2) Get some bloody court covers. Get a sponsor to buy them. Who cares if they've got a ruddy great logo on them. Do it. Far be it for me to agree with dopey Rusedski, but I don't buy the thing about hard courts being worse when they've been covered compared to being rained on. Do the covers like a tent, like they do at Wimbledon. I'm sure Raonic's Dad will tell you that it isn't rocket science.

3) Stick a roof on Ashe - after Federer has retired will do.

4) Dig up Armstrong and turn it into a nice garden or something. Anything to stop Andy playing on it again. If he goes grey or his hair falls out I know who to blame if that court doesn't go.

5) Make it a rule that all number fours in the world who are British and answer to the name of Andy Murray always play night matches on Ashe.

Simples!
IP Logged
PETRA

Observe time and opportunity.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1236 on: September 06, 2012, 01:45 PM »

Have you been having lessons from pseudofed?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1237 on: September 06, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Have you been having lessons from pseudofed?

Quite possibly. Either that or I'm in a silly mood. I think the latter is true lol.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1238 on: September 06, 2012, 01:56 PM »

I don't think it's as simple a suggestion as 'Build a roof on Ashe'.

The USTA built Flushing Meadows on reclaimed land, so building a roof without damaging the integrity of the stadia is much more difficult than normal.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1239 on: September 06, 2012, 02:17 PM »

So, I fall asleep on the couch at 3-6 1-5. When I wake up, it's 5-0 in the fourth. Guess I saved myself a lot of anguish in between.
The anguish was somewhere between the start of the match and getting broken for the second time in the second set.

The bit you missed was the best part of the match.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1240 on: September 06, 2012, 02:56 PM »

I don't think it's as simple a suggestion as 'Build a roof on Ashe'.

The USTA built Flushing Meadows on reclaimed land, so building a roof without damaging the integrity of the stadia is much more difficult than normal.
They have been talking about the roof a lot this year,but apparently there are so many hills to climb,the structure ,enviroment,cost a whole list of things they mentioned.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1241 on: September 06, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Last night during the Fed/Berdych match, the Mac Bros were discussing the future plans for Flushing Meadows. They also put up a picture of what it will look like. One of the courts will be demolished (can't remember which) and a new, larger one built in its place. A couple of other new smaller courts will be built. Also a red clay court for up and coming US players to practice on.
Ashe looked exactly the same, and no sign of a roof.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1242 on: September 06, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Here's a pic :

* uso.jpg (16.77 KB, 314x160 - viewed 187 times.)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1243 on: September 06, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Think Ashe is too high for a roof and so would be very difficult structurally.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open QF: Murray vs Cilic « Reply #1244 on: September 06, 2012, 04:54 PM »

I have just watched the match and even though I am not a professional critic I do not feel that Cilic's game went off too much it was that Andy started to play so well he actually forced many errors.  I think the situation on cahnge ocourt at last minute to a court he dislikes would have a large part in the start.  But ' a win is a win', as my father (coach and umpire) would have said.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »