Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R2: Murray vs Haase 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will make round 3?
Andy? - 13 (81.3%)
Robin? - 3 (18.8%)
Is there a boxing match on? - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R2: Murray vs Haase

(Read 7106 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #885 on: September 03, 2011, 04:35 AM »

Hey, don't lump me in with them. I never wrote Murray off, did I?

Mark is a tennis genius now.

No one on here thought that Murray couldn't come back. Everyone was expressing concern over his frequent mental collapses.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #886 on: September 03, 2011, 08:36 AM »

I've only read up to page 20 of this thread so far and I am appalled to see so many negative posts! You are supposed to be 'supporters' so where was the support? Seems to me that some of you only support him when he least needs it......when he's winning! We 'all' know Andy has come back from 2 sets down on 'more' than one occasion! Last night was the third to my knowledge, but there may have been more, yet some of you just gave up on him, blaming 'mental collapse' ect. with hardly a mention that Haase was playing out of his skin! I'm not going to name names because 'you' know who you are, but I will say, you should be ashamed of yourselves!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #887 on: September 03, 2011, 09:10 AM »

Andy........you did brilliant son!  hug
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #888 on: September 03, 2011, 10:46 AM »

My God, what a match.

Mrs M had to leave the room for the final game.  She swears that shes' a jinx and that he'll lose if she watches.  Hell, maybe she's right!

Being an Andy fan is often exhilarating, exciting, joyous, wonderful, euphoric....

Occasionally though it's nervewracking, painful,  frustrating, downright disappointing....

But, hey, look on the bright side - we are rarely bored!
[ Last edit by mickeypops September 03, 2011, 10:55 AM ] IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #889 on: September 03, 2011, 10:53 AM »

My God, what a match.

Mrs M had to leave the room for the final game.  She swears that shes' a jinx and that he'll lose if she watches.  Hell, maybe she's right!

Being an Andy fan is often exhilarating, exciting, joyous, wonderful, euphoric....

Occasionally though it's nervewracking, painful, disappointing, frustrating, downright disappointing....

....  and that's precisely why we all love him - hand me the valium please!
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #890 on: September 03, 2011, 11:15 AM »

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #891 on: September 03, 2011, 11:25 AM »

MR .......Thank you soooo much! hug
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #892 on: September 03, 2011, 01:40 PM »

One of these days watching Andy at his most frustrating like yesterday will give me a heart attack. I think that I shall start rewatching Andy Pandy - less of a strain.

Andy, well done! This is the bad match that all of the top players have during a slam tournament. Let's hope that another one does not rear its ugly head.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #893 on: September 03, 2011, 04:01 PM »

Andy forever. Some may not like him but what other player shows such determination, flair and courage. Yes he did'nt play well for 2 sets, but what a comeback. He is the best we have got and I find it difficult to understand why he does'nt get more support than he does.  Maybe I'm biased because I am a Scot but to me he shows the fighting spirt is stubborn and refuses to give up when down. He is unique and I would not ever think of not supporting him.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #894 on: September 03, 2011, 04:46 PM »

Yes, against Jurgen Melzer - one of my favourite Murray matches.

Night. wave
Ah and I missed it because I recorded it. Started to watch.  And then when I came back to it bloody Sky+ had deleted it because I was getting too close to having used up the hard disk. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #895 on: September 03, 2011, 04:49 PM »

It's nearly 3am, can't sleep because I'm still hyper after that match, I could have jumped as high as Andy when he won.  I could hardly watch my nerves were shot to pieces.
I sympathise Jennan.  I did manage to get to sleep about 1.30ish I think but then woke up at 6am wide awake so am feeling v sleep deprived today. But who cares, so happy that Andy came through in the way he did in the end.  yay

Oh and Caz I do have to admit that I didn't think he was going to do it this time - just because he was playing SO badly for most of the 1st 2 sets; it was difficult to see where a fight back would come from if he couldn't get a FH over the net and could hardly get a serve in (having started by serving brilliantly oddly enough when one would have thought he'd have been most nervous). But apart from the occasional brief look at other matches when it all got too much for me, I hung on in there and by the end I was a complete and utter wreck.   Also it was made worse by the number of times when you thought there had been a turning point, only for it to turn back in favour of Haase again.   But let's spare a thought for Dutch fans....
[ Last edit by Ruthie September 03, 2011, 04:54 PM ] IP Logged
onefitgolfer

exiled in the US

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #896 on: September 04, 2011, 12:03 AM »

Andy forever. Some may not like him but what other player shows such determination, flair and courage. Yes he did'nt play well for 2 sets, but what a comeback. He is the best we have got and I find it difficult to understand why he does'nt get more support than he does.  Maybe I'm biased because I am a Scot but to me he shows the fighting spirt is stubborn and refuses to give up when down. He is unique and I would not ever think of not supporting him.Well said my friend!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #897 on: September 04, 2011, 01:25 PM »

Lovely to relive the moment!  Thanks Sylvie.
IP Logged
Nyssa

My Two Favorite Players! :)

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #898 on: September 04, 2011, 04:22 PM »

My God, what a match.

Mrs M had to leave the room for the final game.  She swears that shes' a jinx and that he'll lose if she watches.  Hell, maybe she's right!

Occasionally though it's nervewracking, painful,  frustrating, downright disappointing....

I have felt and done the same! Smile

After recovering from the Murray coaster...I think this was actually a very good match for Andy. he's proven to himself (and hopefully a few naysayers) that he can reset, refocus and come back in a GS match.
Despite the poor start I think he has a few really good things to take away from that match and I hope the positives propel him to his greatest tournament yet as the 2011 USO champion!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US Open R2: Murray vs Haase « Reply #899 on: September 04, 2011, 04:26 PM »

I have felt and done the same! Smile

After recovering from the Murray coaster...I think this was actually a very good match for Andy. he's proven to himself (and hopefully a few naysayers) that he can reset, refocus and come back in a GS match.
Despite the poor start I think he has a few really good things to take away from that match and I hope the positives propel him to his greatest tournament yet as the 2011 USO champion!!
I agree Nyssa. Showed he still has that fighting spirit.  But also, as comms just saying on sky, he showed he could be in the moment at the critical point when it looked like the match might be running away from him again at the very end. Instead of getting frustrated he was calm and focused and my did he look fierce!  As I've said on another post I also think the match will mean the NY crowd likes him again (after his rather tame exits last two years which will have dented his reputation badly I suspect). 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »