Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 47 Go Down Reply
Author

US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer

(Read 7694 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #15 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24 PM »

That was Florian and in Shanghai if I recall correctly.

I had a feeling it might have been Florian and something in my head was saying Shanghai as well, but I didn't trust my memory. Thanks Gangsta.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #16 on: August 29, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I've just done some checking and it was right, both Monaco and Almagro have both gone. Andy could have played Monaco in the third round and Almagro in the 4th. For once I'm glad I write Andy's potential opponents down Smile.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #17 on: August 29, 2013, 06:30 PM »

just checked tj and yes Monaco was beaten in 1st round by Mayer (Florian) - getting confusing eh?

I've got brain ache already!

With Monaco and Almagro gone, Andy's draw has changed a wee bit. I had a feeling it might.

I wonder if Nadal and Berdy could be persuaded to lose????

Oh I am a terrrible person!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #18 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21 PM »

I've got brain ache already!

With Monaco and Almagro gone, Andy's draw has changed a wee bit. I had a feeling it might.

I wonder if Nadal and Berdy could be persuaded to lose????

Oh I am a terrrible person!

I read somehwere that 10 of the top 32 seeds got knocked out yesterday, so maybe it's opening up for him like it did in Australia.

Berdych can get himself knocked out if he likes, i don't have a problem with that, but if Andy makes the final, i would love his opponent to be Rafa. As much as i want Andy to win the tournament, i do love to watch the big matches, and Andy vs Rafa could be titanic.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #19 on: August 29, 2013, 08:44 PM »

I must admit I'd quite like Andy to play Rafa. It could be very interesting. Okay, we'll keep Rafa for now Smile.

I must admit I'd almost like Federer to pull off a miracle and get to the final against Andy. I'd dearly love Andy to beat Federer in a slam final before Federer stops. Then again, I suppose we do have the Olympics Smile.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 08:52 PM »

I must admit I'd quite like Andy to play Rafa. It could be very interesting. Okay, we'll keep Rafa for now Smile.

I must admit I'd almost like Federer to pull off a miracle and get to the final against Andy. I'd dearly love Andy to beat Federer in a slam final before Federer stops. Then again, I suppose we do have the Olympics Smile.

Yes! revenge for 2008, that would be nice indeed.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 08:59 PM »

I've just done some checking and it was right, both Monaco and Almagro have both gone. Andy could have played Monaco in the third round and Almagro in the 4th. For once I'm glad I write Andy's potential opponents down Smile.

Young vs Andy will be a toughen.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 09:03 PM »

Can't believe the USO, Andy playing tomorrow on Armstrong, last afternoon match. He hates playing on Armstrong, yet Fed and Del Po who are lower ranked still get Arthur Ashe. If I could get my hands on the   person responsible I would like to choke them and shake them like a terrier with a rat.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 09:12 PM »

Can't believe the USO, Andy playing tomorrow on Armstrong, last afternoon match. He hates playing on Armstrong, yet Fed and Del Po who are lower ranked still get Arthur Ashe. If I could get my hands on the   person responsible I would like to choke them and shake them like a terrier with a rat.

lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 09:14 PM »

It's a myth that he hates playing on it.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15 PM »

well let's hope that this is Andy's only exile out to Armstrong; if so, better to get it over and done with early in the tournament and he knows what to expect.  It's probably unrealistic to expect him to get AA every match; let's hope smugfed gets relegated next.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 09:21 PM »

well let's hope that this is Andy's only exile out to Armstrong; if so, better to get it over and done with early in the tournament and he knows what to expect.  It's probably unrealistic to expect him to get AA every match; let's hope smugfed gets relegated next.

Or nadal!  Rolling Eyes I'm pissed off with him already.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 09:26 PM »

It's a myth that he hates playing on it.
No it's not, remember last year against Lopez and Cilic and what Andy said about playing there and the conditions there.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 09:31 PM »

No it's not, remember last year against Lopez and Cilic and what Andy said about playing there and the conditions there.

He used that as an excuse.

You really think he's going to struggle on that court against Leonardo Mayer? Lulz.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 09:39 PM »

He used that as an excuse.

You really think he's going to struggle on that court against Leonardo Mayer? Lulz.

naughty No jinxing please!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 47 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »