Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47 Go Down Reply
Author

US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer

(Read 8064 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 09:40 PM »

naughty No jinxing please!

Danster! Prodigy speaks truth.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 09:41 PM »

Danster! Prodigy speaks truth.

I'm very much hoping he'll turn out to be completely right!

But still-no jinxing.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 09:49 PM »

naughty No jinxing please!

I don't believe in jinxing lol.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 09:50 PM »

The Schedule is a bloody shambles.      FS.      Murray is a two slam champ and is getting treated like some outsider,   honestly. 
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #34 on: August 29, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Notice they were born on the same day!

Cool!

Sorry for the mistake about Janowicz. I believe i was tired for night vision.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #35 on: August 29, 2013, 10:05 PM »

The Schedule is a bloody shambles.      FS.      Murray is a two slam champ and is getting treated like some outsider,   honestly.  

The only reason for that is the match congestion due to yesterdays rain, i noticed that they put 2 matches involving Americans on Ashe tomorrow, nothing wrong with that, Andy gets preferential treatment at Wimbledon at times, they can't exactly put Novak on an outside court and they were being generous i think in not making him play at 11am after his late finish yesterday and Hewitt vs Delpo is more of a marquee match than Andy's.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #36 on: August 29, 2013, 10:19 PM »

The only reason for that is the match congestion due to yesterdays rain, i noticed that they put 2 matches involving Americans on Ashe tomorrow, nothing wrong with that, Andy gets preferential treatment at Wimbledon at times, they can't exactly put Novak on an outside court and they were being generous i think in not making him play at 11am after his late finish yesterday and Hewitt vs Delpo is more of a marquee match than Andy's.

Serena and Sloane are the only ones flying the flag for America at the moment, men and women, it would be understandable that they get the main stage, Andy won't be too phased by this though, after all he just wants to win matches and get deep runs in Slams.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #37 on: August 29, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Serena and Sloane are the only ones flying the flag for America at the moment, men and women, it would be understandable that they get the main stage, Andy won't be too phased by this though, after all he just wants to win matches and get deep runs in Slams.

Young, Kudla, Sock, Querrey and Isner say hi.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #38 on: August 29, 2013, 10:43 PM »

It's a myth that he hates playing on it.

I bet you a tenner it isn't. Andy is known not to like Armstrong. It's not that he can't play on it, he just doesn't like it. He says it plays quicker than Ashe, the run-back is shorter than Ashe and the crowd is closer, so that makes it feel quicker.

I think last year he was due to play Cilic on Ashe, but it was moved to Armstrong because rain was feared. Also, Roddick was put on Ashe for his last match, so Andy got bumped out to Armstrong. They changed the time as well, made Andy start earlier, which was why he was not best pleased. That makes me think that unless something stupid happens, this might be Andy's one and only appearance on Armstrong, so they better enjoy him out there. On the other hand, if he has to play the quarter final on Armstrong this year I will have a fit!

I doubt very much Andy will have any issue with playing Mayer on Armstrong, he would know he'd have to play one match out there, but that doesn't mean he likes Armstrong.

Did you all just hear Judy in denial about Andy struggling a bit with Feli last year Smile! I thought for a second she was about to be rude to Marcus Smile.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #39 on: August 29, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Funny thing is Andy players better on quicker courts of Shanghai, than he does on the slower courts of IW and Miami.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 08:07 AM »

Prod Andy doesn't do excuses, even if some of us on MW do sometimes  Whistle.  Is it a coincidence that some of his closest scrapes have come on Armstrong?  Not just last year but Melzer in 2008 also I think?  And not sure whether he was playing on Armstrong when he was knocked out in relatively early stages some years?  He clearly does not feel so comfortable on it for the reasons tj explained.  And yes let's hope Rafa and Nole also get their turn.  It really would be unfair if Andy had to play more than once on it and they never did.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 12:04 PM »

There's been a lot of debate about the schedule, the court selection etc. and how it has disadvantaged Andy's prospects or not.....

My view is that a great champion takes what he's given and is prepared to deal with it. 

I believe that Andy is truly a great champion.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 12:14 PM »

I think Andy will beat Mayer, but why he is on Armstrong is what I was questioning. A number of papers have brought up how Andy finds it difficult to play there, for whatever reason, less run back etc. Djokovic is playing Becker who he will beat easily and last night we had Nadal playing a player he beat easily. I see that they have tickets available, perhaps the reason is that crowd would like to see Andy's match on AA, as the Americans have always supported Andy, they don't seem to have the same relationship with Djoko.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Just seeing whether I could remember how to do a Bev style H2H now my daughter has gone away!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #44 on: August 30, 2013, 12:53 PM »

Is anyone guessing the approx time Andy will be playing?  8pm -9pm Uk time?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 47 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »