Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday, Time - TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 47 Go Down Reply
Author

US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer

(Read 8229 times)
killieboyd
Junior

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #60 on: August 30, 2013, 06:13 PM »

Armstrong has a lot more spectators in it than Ashe appears to.
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #61 on: August 30, 2013, 06:35 PM »

perhaps now Andy plays closer to the base line than he used to the lack of run back will trouble him less?  I'm quite sure he can overcome such petty tribulations mp - the point is why should he have to when the other top players (one of which is seeded lower than him) don't have to?  I also think Ferrer has cause for complaint as he is not treated as 4th seed.
I know it doesn't always work out that way, with all top players taking their turn at being on the lesser court as often happens at Wimbledon, but I'm going to assume that if Andy has to play on LA, then he's had his turn, and he should get preference for Ashe in later rounds.

Current ranking and seeding is an important factor, but Delpo's match against Hewitt is an obvious example where Hewitt's reputation and past form elevates the match above what it would be for a regular player of his ranking.   Fed's matches are always going to be on show courts, although a slightly lesser show court should happen every now and then.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #62 on: August 30, 2013, 07:14 PM »

Thanks for the H2H Elena. Bev paying you well is she to fill in for her? lmao

H2H is a good tradition to keep up, but I cant say I've noticed him before.
Shouldnt be a problem for Andy. He is so strong Smile

Thanks lashurst! Fun to do, though not many pics of L. Mayer to choose from.

Andy follows Berdych/Kudla which looked as though it might be over quickly with Berdy leading 5-1 ages ago. Now 5-3
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #63 on: August 30, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Kudla just broke bird and is serving for 5 all.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #64 on: August 30, 2013, 07:29 PM »

5 all berdych/Kudla
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #65 on: August 30, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Berdych took first set
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #66 on: August 30, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I am really disappointed that Andy hasn't bageled anyone this season.   Razz
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #67 on: August 30, 2013, 08:07 PM »

If you're dissapointed by that, you need to get out more.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #68 on: August 30, 2013, 08:16 PM »

If you're dissapointed by that, you need to get out more.
Well you need to get a sense of humour, but seriously I hate it when someone holds 40-0 when Andy is returning. It just makes me nervous.  nervous
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #69 on: August 30, 2013, 08:19 PM »

Straight sets Wimbledon final win not enough for ya?Jeesh,tough crowd! lol
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #70 on: August 30, 2013, 08:32 PM »

This is one of those times I am happy the later Andy starts because it means Berdych has been pushed.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #71 on: August 30, 2013, 08:42 PM »

This is one of those times I am happy the later Andy starts because it means Berdych has been pushed.
just not pushed enough, but my workday ends at 330 so I'm glad that I will have time to get home before Andy's match I hope.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #72 on: August 30, 2013, 08:57 PM »

Sloane is definitely playing better tennis than Jamie, you're right Gangsta. I like Jamie and was hoping for her.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #73 on: August 30, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Sloane is definitely playing better tennis than Jamie, you're right Gangsta. I like Jamie and was hoping for her.

Sloane Very Happy Never seen her play so good.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #74 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06 PM »

Just wanted to say I adore Lendl, he has to be one of my favourite people. He was interviewed earlier and his displeasure at Andy having to wait to start on Wednesday was still abundantly clear. He's clearly over it, focusing on the matter in hand now, but hearing him say that Andy having to wait until Wednesday was not right, and he did use those exact words, made me happy.

I just love how Lendl seems more than happy to stand up for Andy if he has to.

Lendl seemed very relaxed, says they are not concerning themselves with defending champion stuff, just focusing on each match.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 47 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »