Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer  (Read 6853 times)
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #645 on: August 31, 2013, 12:43 AM »

The most important thing is that Andy found a way to win. And to be honest that's all i care about really.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #646 on: August 31, 2013, 12:44 AM »

Too tired for this, but could I sleep - no? .Delighted he won, but apart from that 3rd set it seemed quite painless? He needed to win. He won. No more  really needs to be said.  Think of some of the dodgy matches he had here last year. Not to mention that epic 5 setter not so long ago....!!!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #647 on: August 31, 2013, 12:45 AM »

I'm gonna start giving Andy set rankings.

1st B
2nd B+
3rd D
4th A+  (there's an A* for absolute best)

Overall: B
[ Last edit by laundry August 31, 2013, 02:33 AM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #648 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53 AM »

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/andy-books-place-in-us-open-third-round/
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #649 on: August 31, 2013, 12:53 AM »

Night all! wave
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #650 on: August 31, 2013, 12:54 AM »

Night all! wave

Night dani xx
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #651 on: August 31, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Night all! wave
Night Dani wave
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #652 on: August 31, 2013, 12:57 AM »

Delpo hasnt impressed yet, against Hewitt. Netting the ball and a break down.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #653 on: August 31, 2013, 12:59 AM »

Night all! wave
Night all  wave
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #654 on: August 31, 2013, 01:00 AM »

Delpo hasnt impressed yet, against Hewitt. Netting the ball and a break down.
No I'm watching some of that he didn't play well in his last match either.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #655 on: August 31, 2013, 01:01 AM »

Can I make a suggestion to the USTA? Don't rip up Grandstand, rip up ruddy Armstrong, bury Crofty under it and then build a court on top where you aren't trying to play with half of the crowd on your lap. I think that is the issue for Andy on that hateful court, it's really claustrophobic, it even looks it.

That match was always going to be a challenge on that court. Credit to Mayer for doing his damndest to be awkward, but Andy was always going to find a way. Andy hasn't won two slams and an Olympic gold just by being prettier than his opponents, he knows how to get it done. In the 4th he was magnificent and everyone knew it.

In many ways this match feels more like Andy throwing down the gauntlet than the first round. Llodra couldn't really threaten Andy much, although Andy did play a fine match. Mayer made life difficult, but Andy found a way, and in some style too. That's a champion right there.

I was glad Marcus addressed the issue of whether certain others will play on that court. We all know damned well they won't, which strikes me as grossly unfair. How dare that stupid b.itch of a former British no.1 (we must have had some God awful women players back in her day) still question Andy's status in the game and popularity and use that as justification for unfairness. Silly cow still thinks the sun shines out of Federer's orifices.

Hopefully that will be Andy's last venture on Armstrong. It had better be. Either way, he got it done, played brilliantly when he needed to, and I got to insult that cow, so everyone is happy. Oh, and Greg Rusedski was right again. Andy shouldn't have been on Armstrong in the first place.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #656 on: August 31, 2013, 01:03 AM »

Can I make a suggestion to the USTA? Don't rip up Grandstand, rip up ruddy Armstrong, bury Crofty under it and then build a court on top where you aren't trying to play with half of the crowd on your lap. I think that is the issue for Andy on that hateful court, it's really claustrophobic, it even looks it.

That match was always going to be a challenge on that court. Credit to Mayer for doing his damndest to be awkward, but Andy was always going to find a way. Andy hasn't won two slams and an Olympic gold just by being prettier than his opponents, he knows how to get it done. In the 4th he was magnificent and everyone knew it.

In many ways this match feels more like Andy throwing down the gauntlet than the first round. Llodra couldn't really threaten Andy much, although Andy did play a fine match. Mayer made life difficult, but Andy found a way, and in some style too. That's a champion right there.

I was glad Marcus addressed the issue of whether certain others will play on that court. We all know damned well they won't, which strikes me as grossly unfair. How dare that stupid b.itch of a former British no.1 (we must have had some God awful women players back in her day) still question Andy's status in the game and popularity and use that as justification for unfairness. Silly cow still thinks the sun shines out of Federer's orifices.

Hopefully that will be Andy's last venture on Armstrong. It had better be. Either way, he got it done, played brilliantly when he needed to, and I got to insult that cow, so everyone is happy. Oh, and Greg Rusedski was right again. Andy shouldn't have been on Armstrong in the first place.

God forgive Annabel for being unbias :rolleyes:
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #657 on: August 31, 2013, 01:11 AM »

God forgive Annabel for being unbias :rolleyes:

Unbiased? Unbiased! The woman isn't unbiased, she's about as anti-Andy as its possible to get. The woman practically crawls up herself to dig at the bloke, whilst weeing herself over Federer.

Her dress was vile as well, which completely seals it. The woman is Tennis Barbie, she just doesn't know it.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #658 on: August 31, 2013, 01:12 AM »

Unbiased? Unbiased! The woman isn't unbiased, she's about as anti-Andy as its possible to get. The woman practically crawls up herself to dig at the bloke, whilst weeing herself over Federer.

Her dress was vile as well, which completely seals it. The woman is Tennis Barbie, she just doesn't know it.

I could say the same about you and Federer as a pose to her and Andy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: US OPEN - R2: Murray vs L. Mayer « Reply #659 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15 AM »

How is it anti Andy?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »