Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig

(Read 10134 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #495 on: August 30, 2012, 08:50 AM »

^yep  but good that he's played 2 matches already instead of waiting to play his first.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #496 on: August 30, 2012, 08:58 AM »

Good to hear that Andy played well last night! - looking forward to watching my recording later today. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #497 on: August 30, 2012, 09:21 AM »

Well done to all of you who kept the flame alive during the wee hours of the night while some of us slept (or tried to as I always sleep so badly when Andy has a night match).  Woke up just about when it was over I think and heard the score on the radio but no details as rightly they were focusing on Laura.  So great to read that Andy played really well though sounds like serve still not quite there.  Will be interesting to see the stats and looking forward to watching the match itself later today.
Andy will now have a couple of days break before his next match, which perhaps quite a good point to have the double break.  And if he gets through ok he should then be playing on Labour Day, which should be a great atmosphere. And lovely to hear that crowd is responding so well to Andy now.   yay  yay
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #498 on: August 30, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Was worth staying up for. It just breezed by!!! Great day at flushing meadows yesterday. Laura was amazing too. I had a feeling she was going to do it!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #499 on: August 30, 2012, 01:31 PM »

Hi All,

I'm glad I recorded Andy last night. Having watched it now I wouldn't have missed it for the world. He was superb yay. His FSP was much better at 57% for the match. He looked great too, no indications of anything remotely amiss, and he looks more hydrated. Good lad.

I'd sort of expected the crowd to be a bit more lively, but to be truthful the result was never in much doubt, so maybe they didn't have too much to yell about. That said, Andy had a lot of support.

Andy is looking good, very good. I like it! Well done to Laura Robson for a great performance too. Brilliant stuff all around!

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #500 on: August 30, 2012, 02:40 PM »

So delighted for Andy!Wish I could've stayed up to watch it,but unfortunately I needed to be up early with a clear head this morning.Sounds like it was a great match,not just in terms of winning but in terms of playing,which after round 1 is lovely and reassuring Smile Did get to watch a bit of Laura's match,and she was brilliant!She really played terrifically well,and managed to mostly keep it up throughout the match,which is something that she's said herself she needs to work on.Here's hoping the 2 of them can keep up the good work! Very Happy
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #501 on: August 30, 2012, 02:51 PM »

This match is on Eurosport at the moment until 4 pm.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #502 on: August 30, 2012, 03:10 PM »

Enjoyed being able to watch Andy play last night while recording the Republican Convention.  Andy came first of course.  Many good rallies, a good workout for Andy.  It wasn't a piece of cake match, Andy had to work hard for his win.  I thought at times he looked tired, but the East coast humidity could do that to anyone.  I liked that Andy ran Dodig back and forth and kept him on his toes.

Wonderful that Laura beat Cljisters, hope she continues her good tennis.

For those who do not have livestream, you can watch Andy's matches on the US Open website live.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #503 on: August 30, 2012, 03:26 PM »

I thought Andy's oncourt interview was so funny, especially his answer about people waiting outside his hotel and asking him if he saw Prince Harry in the news. 

Here is his post match interview after last nights match.http://www.usopen.org/en_US/interactive/video/index.html?from=atp7
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #504 on: August 30, 2012, 05:09 PM »

A Scottish friend of mine at work threw herself in the towel after watching Andy winning the 2nd set 6-1 last night. She's a big Federer fan so I guess she wants Andy to lose. I did not bother to make any comments.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #505 on: August 30, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Quote from: Apollo link=topic=22749.msg770864#msg770864 date=1346335819

For those who do not have livestream, you can watch Andy's matches on the US Open website live.
[/quote
     Thanks for this info and yes I can.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #506 on: August 30, 2012, 07:05 PM »

A Scottish friend of mine at work threw herself in the towel after watching Andy winning the 2nd set 6-1 last night. She's a big Federer fan so I guess she wants Andy to lose. I did not bother to make any comments.

and she's Scottish  (traitor)  your friend.  No offence.   Who the hell watches a match just to see the player you hate lose.  confused  makes no sense to me.  I hope she ain't like all the vile Fed fans out there.  its typical that Fed fans hate Andy.    me thinks Fed fans are scared of Andy  YES  i do  Very Happy  after what happened at the Olympics & Wimbledon  Fed fans will be bricking it  haha  Smile  (  I guess they are still bitter)   and plus the H2H.  hehe Smile
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 August 30, 2012, 07:26 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #507 on: August 30, 2012, 07:08 PM »

So how are you johnnie boy?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #508 on: August 30, 2012, 07:22 PM »

^ I am good thanks very much.  I handed my essay in  and my teacher said it was excellent Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #509 on: August 30, 2012, 07:27 PM »

Teacher legit I take it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »