Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig

(Read 9195 times)
flowerpower
Challenger Level

Relax All is good!

US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « on: August 28, 2012, 08:29 AM »

time/date follows....

(Dutch newspaper today : Andy is favorite this tournament (even yesterday was not his best performance) . Mentioned also the speech at Wimbledon  as the most beautiful post match interview in history of tennis...Smile )
[ Last edit by Mark August 29, 2012, 07:22 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 08:47 AM »

Ah, flowerpower, how nice is that tender
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:19 AM »

That's nice!
Don't know much about Dodig but didn't he do rather well at Queens?  and I think I've read he has a big serve.  Andy will need to get his serve back into working order.  Anyone know Dodig's ranking?  Have they ever played before?  Andy often tentative when playing someone for first time until he gets a feel for their game.  But no doubt they'll be looking at tapes of him.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:52 AM »

Heard him described as a big serving Croat - how did Cilic do on Monday btw?  

H2H to follow search

Ivan must have had injuries or something as his career stats are very low confused  nah  Hasn't been on the main tour a lot it seems.  Anyway, he has his own website

http://www.ivandodig.com/index.php

These have never met but Ivan looks like he can do a good Andy impression, which Andy seems to find amusing lol

* Murray vs Dodig.JPG (58.49 KB, 604x510 - viewed 545 times.)
[ Last edit by Bevc August 28, 2012, 11:15 AM ] IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:10 AM »

They have never played before but Andy beware!!!.  Good for us watching but I hope they give him a cooler evening match out of the sun.  We can only hope. Good luck and prayers Andy.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 11:22 AM »

lets hope, in this match, Andy does not waste his energy throwing his racquet around and shouting expletives. It is so unprofessional and self defeating.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 11:30 AM »

I couldn't hear anything and throwing his racquet, to me, shows that he cares that he's not playing as well as he can.  Maybe he should just tell people to shut up instead? nah
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Murraysworld clan have been down this road many times before benniebone.  He was quite good yesterday got himself back in focus quickly and did not implode.  He's getting better.  Definately a Lendl influence.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 11:34 AM »

lets hope, in this match, Andy does not waste his energy throwing his racquet around and shouting expletives. It is so unprofessional and self defeating.
He was not swearing, some of the time he was saying focus to himself, as for the racquet he threw it, not smashed it, as many do. he did not get a code violation. He was frustrated with himself.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #9 on: August 28, 2012, 11:39 AM »

This should be a much easier match on the face of it. Dodig is ranked 118 whereas Bogolomov was 73.

Andy in 3.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #10 on: August 28, 2012, 11:39 AM »

The only thing I heard him shout was 'Focus!' and that was confirmed by the commies who are only too quick to jump on him if they hear anything untoward.  As for throwing his racquet - Djoko does far worse and is not accused of being unprofessional.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #11 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48 AM »

Perhaps some should check this out and see who's no.10 - Greg innocent Rusedski

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/gallery/2011/jun/19/ten-best-tennis-tantrums#/?picture=375842796&index=9
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #12 on: August 28, 2012, 11:56 AM »

Murraysworld clan have been down this road many times before benniebone.  He was quite good yesterday got himself back in focus quickly and did not implode.  He's getting better.  Definately a Lendl influence.
I agree marg and let's not jump on him every time he gets justifiably frustrated.  Old habits die hard and it's too much to expect him to behave perfectly out there though like others I didn't see anything to complain about and thought the throwing of the racket was fine especially if it helps defuse the frustration (but then I've not watched the whole match yet)
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #13 on: August 28, 2012, 12:07 PM »

time/date follows....

(Dutch newspaper today : Andy is favorite this tournament (even yesterday was not his best performance) . Mentioned also the speech at Wimbledon  as the most beautiful post match interview in history of tennis...Smile )

Thank you FP.    We all know what a very nice guy our Andy is but it's good to find others who agree.    I particularly noticed how quickly Andy went on to speak of the achievements of other athletes and how quickly Fed mentioned that he had had a good month, winning Wimby and getting back to No. 1.   It seemed to sum up their respective characters and I was so proud of Andy.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 01:43 PM »

This should be a much easier match on the face of it. Dodig is ranked 118 whereas Bogolomov was 73.

Andy in 3.
Dodig's had injury niggles. He was ranked #33 this time a year ago and beat Nadal at Montreal 2-6, 7-6, 7-6.

He's a good player with a big serve but has struggled this year for the most part, although he did beat Tsonga at Queens. Definitely not one to under-estimate, but Andy should be able to cope with him easily enough (then again I said the same before the Chardy match..).
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »