Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig

(Read 9457 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 01:50 PM »

Ah I knew I knew the name from Queens.  Well yes Andy should beat him easily but perhaps not if his own serve has still deserted him.   
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 02:50 PM »

This should be a much easier match on the face of it. Dodig is ranked 118 whereas Bogolomov was 73.

Andy in 3.
Dodig was ranked 32 in November 2011 and was #36 in January 2012.
Bogomolov path is very similar to Dodig's in the last 12 months he started the year #34.
[ Last edit by dex August 28, 2012, 03:03 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 02:58 PM »

lets hope, in this match, Andy does not waste his energy throwing his racquet around and shouting expletives. It is so unprofessional and self defeating.
'Focus' is an expletive?  confused That's new!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 03:20 PM »

Hi All,

I think Andy behaved well in a difficult situation. He threw his racquet once all match, didn't swear at all (which is more than I can say for myself) and didn't blow up to the point it hurt him. When he did get frustrated he recovered quickly, as he has been doing for a while. Let's just give him some credit. It was a first round of a major. Even when you are playing well they must be jittery affairs. Andy looked relieved to get through Davydenko at Wimbledon (1st round of the Championships) and he played very well that day. Andy was a bit below par yesterday, he must have been glad when the match was over, but he still won.

His behaviour was talked about, it always is, but even Fleming and Petch said he didn't get overly frustrated.

Andy did shake his head a few times, which seems to me to be a sign of some frustration, and maybe discomfort as well. He didn't look comfortable out there at times. The main thing is that he got through the match and can build on that performance.

As for Dodig, I don't know a huge amount about him other than he has a big serve, but judging by the way Andy was returning yesterday he should be all right. I'd like to see Andy's FSP higher, because it would help him earn cheap points.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44 PM »

AGree with you Teejay but I think the humidity and heat were niggling Andy;as I posted hope for an evening schedule for him next match even though I'll have to watch it the next day as age necessitates that I fall asleep if too late.  Mind you I managed until 2 last night.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Unfortunately, Andy tends to be scheduled to play in the heat of the day more often than not at Flushing Meadows.  Seemingly, it's to pander to the demands of the British viewing public.  Whilst I appreciate being able to watch Andy at a convenient time for me, as a fan I would rather he played at a convenient time for him. 
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Speaking as member of the British public, I'd genuinely prefer an evening match where I don't have to worry about other plans or what everyone else in the house is doing. Then I can just watch it in peace.

7pm start times are just the worst.

(I'm aware it's not the same for everyone though!)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Dodig's had injury niggles. He was ranked #33 this time a year ago and beat Nadal at Montreal 2-6, 7-6, 7-6.

He's a good player with a big serve but has struggled this year for the most part, although he did beat Tsonga at Queens. Definitely not one to under-estimate, but Andy should be able to cope with him easily enough (then again I said the same before the Chardy match..).

That's exactly right. No need to get over confident and underestimate Dodig. He used to lurk around the 30s ranking wise all this time and has fallen sort off the wagon since the beginning of this year, but he's still a very good player with a couple of big weapons like his serve. Andy will also be playing Dodig for the first time so definitely a tricky match, though I get the feeling that, this time, Andy will be a bit more interested in this guy. Or let's just say he'll automatically pay more attention.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 05:39 PM »

I'll think I'll need my oxygen tank for this one.    Maybe 2 or 3.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 06:16 PM »

'Focus' is an expletive?  confused That's new!
Expletive: 1. profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.; 2: a word or phrase conveying no independent meaning but added to fill out a sentence or metrical line.

The situation by placing the word imperative near the beginning of the sentence,... Wordy:  The current focus of the medical profession is disease prevention.....  So Focus is and expletive.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Alis and tmh: I'm not sure USO is that bothered about great British viewing public.  Surely all matches are scheduled there to suit the US tv and apart from the US players those with most clout are I suspect more likely to get night matches.  But with Mr L batting for him and he now an Olympian champion, who knows Andy's clout might have increased this year.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 06:32 PM »

'Focus' is neither profane nor obscene.  In this instance it certainly did have an independent meaning and was not used to fill out a sentence or metrical line.  By your definition, therefore Apollo, it cannot be classed as an expletive.   
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 06:35 PM »

Alis and tmh: I'm not sure USO is that bothered about great British viewing public.  Surely all matches are scheduled there to suit the US tv and apart from the US players those with most clout are I suspect more likely to get night matches.  But with Mr L batting for him and he now an Olympian champion, who knows Andy's clout might have increased this year.

You may well be right Ruthie - let's wait and see how the scheduling goes.  Maybe Andy will be scheduled for the night match on Wednesday.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 06:37 PM »

WEll according to the Guardian website he's due to play Dodig Thursday but they may be wrong.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US open R2 Murrays vs Dodig « Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 06:54 PM »

Ah well, if the Guardian (iv never met anyone who reads it) says it....it must be true then.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »