Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Down Reply
Author

US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig

(Read 9792 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #510 on: August 30, 2012, 07:33 PM »

^ yes of course   Very Happy
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #511 on: August 30, 2012, 07:41 PM »

It helps if your teacher suffers from Tourette,s John .
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #512 on: August 30, 2012, 09:24 PM »

Gawd.... feeling awful... too many cocktails last night, bit hungover but lying at poolside reading last nights posts but hey back to blighty tomorrow, up to the highlands and tennis on the Telly... happy days.
I love cocktails, pretty umberella drinks and especially Dry Martinis. All good things come to an end Robby, you can't stay on holiday forever.  Back to the daily grind then?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #513 on: August 30, 2012, 09:50 PM »

^nope, another week off in the Highlands but no cocktails, but just the odd glass of red and my bottle of champers unopened for umpteen years until a week Next Sunday.... can't wait.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #514 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04 PM »

^nope, another week off in the Highlands but no cocktails, but just the odd glass of red and my bottle of champers unopened for umpteen years until a week Next Sunday.... can't wait.
Ahh, the majestic Highlands.
I hope we can open the bubbly and get wasted together on the Forum. Shall we organise a MW virtual celebration, if our dreams are realised?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #515 on: August 30, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Not if when!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #516 on: August 30, 2012, 10:13 PM »

Not if when!
Absolutely, Tessie!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #517 on: August 31, 2012, 01:40 AM »

For those who do not have livestream, you can watch Andy's matches on the US Open website live.
Not in the UK unfortunately - "We're sorry, this stream is not available in your area".
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #518 on: August 31, 2012, 06:27 AM »

Not in the UK unfortunately - "We're sorry, this stream is not available in your area".
Yep! Thanks anyway Apollo!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #519 on: August 31, 2012, 05:39 PM »

and she's Scottish  (traitor)  your friend.  No offence.   Who the hell watches a match just to see the player you hate lose.  confused  makes no sense to me.  I hope she ain't like all the vile Fed fans out there.  its typical that Fed fans hate Andy.    me thinks Fed fans are scared of Andy  YES  i do  Very Happy  after what happened at the Olympics & Wimbledon  Fed fans will be bricking it  haha  Smile  (  I guess they are still bitter)   and plus the H2H.  hehe Smile

She said she felt like a traitor after she found herself pulling for Federer at the Olympics final against Andy. She was with her family and her whole family was pulling for Andy and she specifically told me that was the part that made her slightly guilty, otherwise she was pretty comfortable with pulling for her idol Federer.

Also, this morning as usual she talked to me about Federer match last night and asked me if I had seen the match. I told her that only the first few games but only to see what his opponent was all about. She was a bit sad that I didn't get to see his match and then shrugged it off and told me (and I quote), "I wept after seeing some of Federer's shots last night. They were so beautiful." I wanted someone to gag me at that point and thought to myself, "when did I ever give her any indication that I was a fan of Federer? Why does she think I am a fan of Federer but more so, that I'd be okay with her throwing herself in the towel after seeing Andy winning his match the night before? I mean there's some SERIOUS miscommunication going on here, golly!" lolol And she did not know anything about his opponent as usual and didn't bother to find out either.  

I do know she liked Andy as long as he was losing to Federer but ever since he lost to Andy at the Olympics, her tone about Andy has significantly changed and she now is hoping for an Andy loss since he's in Federer's way at the Open, so yea, I guess you can say that they are somewhat scared.

But anyway, I shrugged it off too after that conversation but just goes to show what a lot of Federer fans are truly like. Just because they love him they are under the impression everyone must like him too. So very delusional.
IP Logged
madabouttheboy
Junior

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #520 on: August 31, 2012, 06:44 PM »

And Laura through to the round of 16. Fabulous_ how cool was she?
Meets Sam Stosur and on present form she could do it. Team GB strikes again!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #521 on: August 31, 2012, 10:50 PM »

If she can take 3 big scalps out of the USO, that will be her making and the media wont leave her alone.

Go do it Laura!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #522 on: August 31, 2012, 11:46 PM »

She said she felt like a traitor after she found herself pulling for Federer at the Olympics final against Andy. She was with her family and her whole family was pulling for Andy and she specifically told me that was the part that made her slightly guilty, otherwise she was pretty comfortable with pulling for her idol Federer.

Also, this morning as usual she talked to me about Federer match last night and asked me if I had seen the match. I told her that only the first few games but only to see what his opponent was all about. She was a bit sad that I didn't get to see his match and then shrugged it off and told me (and I quote), "I wept after seeing some of Federer's shots last night. They were so beautiful." I wanted someone to gag me at that point and thought to myself, "when did I ever give her any indication that I was a fan of Federer? Why does she think I am a fan of Federer but more so, that I'd be okay with her throwing herself in the towel after seeing Andy winning his match the night before? I mean there's some SERIOUS miscommunication going on here, golly!" lolol And she did not know anything about his opponent as usual and didn't bother to find out either. 

I do know she liked Andy as long as he was losing to Federer but ever since he lost to Andy at the Olympics, her tone about Andy has significantly changed and she now is hoping for an Andy loss since he's in Federer's way at the Open, so yea, I guess you can say that they are somewhat scared.

But anyway, I shrugged it off too after that conversation but just goes to show what a lot of Federer fans are truly like. Just because they love him they are under the impression everyone must like him too. So very delusional.

I must admit to having been very impressed by Fed's performance against Phau - even although I had to mute the constantly drooling Eurosport commentator.  On-form he's still the best and most aesthetically pleasing player around, but these days chinks are definitely appearing in his armour.  He's now guilty of playing some unbelievably appalling shots and making a hitherto unheard of number of UEs.  John McEnroe, whilst not denigrating Andy's achievement, said after the Olympic final that, in his opinion, Fed had, for the first time there, showed his age by the way he dealt with some of his shots.

Also I know we do go on here about deluded Fed fans, but I think it's true of a lot of fans of tennis and other sports (as well as showbiz personalities) that they just cannot see why not everyone loves their particular idol.  I do think though that in Fed's case there are more of them simply because he was at top for so long that, in their eyes, he still has that aura of invincibility - something which Fed is only too happy to pander to whether consciously or otherwise.

First British woman to do so for 14 years.  Really great to see Laura doing so well.  I've a feeling winning that Olympic silver with Andy did her self-belief and confidence a lot of good, something her wins over Clijsters and Li Na can only have enhanced.  Stosur's form has been pretty erratic this year - something she's blamed on high Aussie expectations since last year's USO win - so I really do think Laura has a fighting chance against her. 

It's also very satisfying to see in the British media that Laura's successes have shifted some of the focus from Andy, temporarily at least, which must be quite a relief to him.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #523 on: September 01, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Same with Man United in football Aileen. The way the commentators go on and on about the likes of Rooney makes me cringe. They try to make out no other player could possibly do this or score a goal like that. So denigrating of the other players.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: US Open R2 Murray vs Dodig « Reply #524 on: September 01, 2012, 12:42 AM »

That's how I feel about the way some comms treat Fed's opponents, usually the lower-ranked ones.  Yes Phau was out-classed last night, and he knew it, but that didn't stop him from battling his way through the match, yet got no credit it for it until the very end when another comm joined in and put an end to the Fed love-in.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »